Bobbi Brown Extra Illuminating Moisture Balm

Bobbi Brown Extra Illuminating Moisture Balm

on 3/13/2018 5:12:00 PM

This is really thick, too heavy for my normal skin. Its like a sealing agent at the end of skincare. The shimmery particles are nice but you can get these in power, serum, etc form easily these days. The price is exorbitant and I would take a stand against companies charging so much for something so basic. Its really not worth it, but pls sample before you buy. Suitable for driest skins.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This would have 1-2 additional star if it was fragrance-free or at least didn't have such a ridiculously strong scent, and another additional star if it was cheaper.

Its texture is on the thick side which I like for primers. It gives a beautiful glow that looks natural when you use only a small amount. Once I put it on just my nose and it worked like a highlighter too. I would even use it without anything like a foundation on top but OMG that scent. I don't even know what that is, it doesn't smell like a flower, not like menthol, but like a mix of a flower and menthol. I can't even imagine getting close to someone's face when I have this on. They would probably call the cops for public disturbance.

Also, it's too expensive. I promise I'm not brand-name obsessed or anything but even Chanel's illuminating primers are cheaper for the same 30ml and it's an older, more famous brand with fancier packaging. This has a much longer list of ingredients to be fair but personally I wear skin make-up like once a week and need a primer just for that. So I need a primer just to be a primer. I have my moisturizer for more skin care. So even without the fragrance I wouldn't buy for this price.

on 3/9/2018 11:36:00 AM

I received a generous sample of this from the BB counter. On the plus side, this moisturized and worked nicely under makeup, providing a very subtle glow. On the minus side, this product was so strongly fragranced that it gave me a headache! The fragrance would have been lovely in a room candle, but had no place on my face. If BB could eliminate the fragrance and add an SPF, this would be a home-run product for me.

I hate to encourage women to needlessly part with their hard-earned money and this stuff is ex-pen-sive.

IMHO, it makes me look fresh and rested, works beautifully under my makeup or CC cream, and gives exactly the city girl kind of glow (not the kardashian kind) that I have been trying to find with less expensive products. It makes older, drier skin look bright and dewy; it doesn't break me out; it simplifies my morning routine and I am a very lazy person. So for me, worth it. Do you. xx

One thing I hate about email advertisements or online infomercials is that the product always looks much larger than it does in real life. Once I got to the Bobbi Brown counter I just sighed, here we go again another small sized over priced product.

This is a really nice formula until you get to the many essential oils this is laden with. Not good. Even if your not particularly sensitive to essential oils this is not worthwhile to use as it is likely to induce irritation which then leads to a host of other problems.

The one thing I love is the packaging, Bobbi Brown should package all their skin care this way. Keeps your fingers out and also is more sanitary. I will write to them about this.

It's just a needless, product that produces a subtle illuminating effect from the pearls I expect. Other than that it's pretty average. Why not just add this illuminating effect to their extra moisturizing balm with spf?

on 2/22/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this balm. I was looking for a primer/moisturizer to add "glow" and have tried a few. The Mercier radiance primer is way too shiny/blingy for me so if you like that you will probably think the Bobbi Brown balm is kind of meh. I think it's perfect. I will sometimes use it all over my face and it makes my skin feel super soft and hydrated. Mostly I use it as a highlighter over my foundation (on the cheekbones, forehead, bridge of nose and cupids bow) and it gives a very pretty candlelit glow. The other product I would say is similar to it is the CoverFX illuminating primer which is quite a bit cheaper than the BB balm (38$ vs 63$) but I think the BB product gives a little bit of a softer finish. I'll probably keep some of the CoverFX around and use the BB product for special occasions.