Napoleon Perdis Advanced Mineral Makeup

4.8

on 8/9/2017 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I usually don't like matt foundation but I enjoyed this one but I didn't enjoy how the brush dispenses the foundation

on 8/3/2017 8:21:00 AM

I'm actually really surprised this only has two reviews. It's a great foundation. It gives me great coverage, lasts all day, doesn't break me out and has a lovely finish. It actually makes my skin look better the longer it's on. I was going to give it 4 lippies for the limited colour range but couldn't bring myself to. I have tried 30+ foundations in my search for something I love. It's not holy grail status but it's really good one one I'll have on rotation.

After trying close to 60+ different foundations, this is my ultimate Holy Grail & everyone has complemented me on my skin when I wear it. I use Look 2 for my light olive skin. I use the Olay SPF 30 as a primer. No need to wait as this foundation fuses nicely with the SPF. It gives a youthful, light- medium coverage with a natural, slight glow finish. I set it with Revlon powder. Absolute perfection. It wears all day and somehow makes your skin look better as the day goes on. It does not cause any breakouts and has fabulous ingredients such as Vitamins A, C & E plus mineral sunscreen. I will use this for life and thank NP for making such a wonderful product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is a great foundation that provides a medium coverage. I started using this after going to a dermatologist about my acne and he suggested that I started using mineral makeup in conjunction with other treatments I was undergoing. At that time I had incredibly oily skin, like beyond the 'very oily category', it was just uncontrollable, and this foundation had pretty good staying power and kept me matte for longer than most foundations I had tried. I now have normal to dry sensitive skin now as I am undertaking a course of roaccutane and through out it this foundation continues to work incredibly well. I can wear it all day and it will last, leaving me with my long sought after matte finish. Although it is a medium coverage, my skin still looks like skin and some of my freckles are able to show through, which helps with the natural look that I go for on an everyday basis. One downside is that it struggles to cover some redness left from spots, but I only say that is a down side as I am lazy when it comes to concealing. My constant battle is wanting to have a foundation that minimising the concealing that I have to do, and maintaining a natural look. I use this with the Camera Ready powder foundation (also by Napoleon Perdis) and it is a great combo. It has SPF but it doesn't seem to have any flashback in photos that I have noticed, as well.