benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara

3.4

Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmatic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/ Eiosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegalgum, Copernicia Cerifrea (Carnauba Wax), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candeulla) Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Align Serine, Bht. [ /-: Cl 19140 (Yellow 5,Yellow 5 Lake) Cl 42090 (Blue 1 Lake) Cl 77007 (Ultramarines), Cl 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)), Cl 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) Cl 772889 ((Chromium Hydroxide Green) Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 (Iron Oxides), Cl 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Cl 77742 (Manganese Violet), Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

on 12/7/2018 1:23:00 PM

The magic in this product is the wand. The actual formula is not particularly bad but it's nothing special, either - definitely not for the price. It's quite liquidy and tends to get all over my lid. It can also look very spidery if you aren't careful. When I finish this I'll probably clean the wand and put it in another tube.

on 8/11/2018 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought the mini size to try, glad I did. This gives length, but thats about it. I get wet, goopy dark lashes that stick straight out, and smudges. Also never ending black even after washing it off. I can make it work if I wipe the wand off completely each time before applying but I dislike this mascara. Better than Sex or Loreal Lash Paradise are my favs which give full lashes and a nice pop.
ETA- had this barely a month and almost trashed it but felt bad wasting a $$$ mascara, so tried to keep using it by wiping the wand before application so it wouldn't be so wet and thick?? Didn't even help. Ruined my whole eye look trying to get clumps off-- just threw it away. One of the worst mascaras I've tried.

I have been wearing this mascara constantly for the past 2 months during the summer period and there’s a lot of heat and humidity where I live. For your reference I have flat lashes, very watery eyes and my skin/ eyelids are quite oily but I always set the area around my eyes to keep it matte. This mascara smudged on me. It was great at separating my lashes and giving length to them. It didn’t give much volume though. I still prefer my Mad Lash from the Balm. I prefer to layer a bit of the It Cosmetics Superhero mascara because it gives a lot of volume and then I use the Benefit one to give length and definition to my lashes but on their one none of these mascaras are my favorite. On a positive note the Benefit mascara didn’t irritate my sensitive eyes. All in all, I will use it but I won’t repurchase it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Lengthens well, thickens, and definitely lifts without me needing to use a curler. I use it as a quick mascara. One coat does a great job and doesn't make my eyes water. More than one coat and my eyes stream luckily one coat is great.
In Canada it's a mid-range price mascara.
If I'm wanting a night glam look I use my eyelash curler and a different mascara I can layer without my sensitive eyes streaming. Suits my needs and does what I want it to do.

on 3/29/2017 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I had a free sample of this, and while I found it ok, I wouldn't purchase this. I have to curl my lashes, as they stick straight out otherwise. I was hopeful that this would actually curl them a bit on its own, but it did not. It did alright otherwise, but I felt it didn't live up to hype, marketing claims, or expectations. It didn't add volume or length (although I already have long lashes). It also was difficult to get my outer lashes with the curved brush without getting it on the side of my head, which was annoying. It is very black, did coat lashes well, did not clump, held a curl decently (not great, but good), could apply 1-2 coats easily, and did not smudge. If I'm going to pay more than $8-10 for a mascara, it had better be amazing and have no negatives. I have yet to find a mascara that can actually curl my lashes, but since this had a few other negatives I would never purchase. If I got another freebie I would use it, but if I don't ever get one again I will never use this mascara again. Not a bad mascara, but not worth the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have very straight lashes that do not hold a curl. This mascara is better than most at holding a curl, but it's not life changing. Waterproof mascara still works better. I do like the brush. It is rubber with little spikes that allows you to comb the mascara through your lashes. I would probably re-purchase, but I'm still looking for something better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this mascara. It has more of a wet formula, which I really appreciate. The comb applicator does an awesome job of getting really close to the root of my lashes, and lifting them up. It also does an amazing job of separating and lengthening. I wouldn't say it's the most volumizing mascara out there, but my lashes personally need more length and curl than anything else. It never smudges or flakes which is a huge plus for me. Downsides are the price, and the fact that it dries out pretty quickly. I will however, repurchase for now until I find something better out there at a more affordable price point.

on 1/22/2017 1:26:00 PM

I decided to try this product after using benefits other mascara (they're real). This product clumps. I found that every time i put it on even after wiping accesses off the brush it would still clump some of my lashes. Also after a full day of use it starts to flake. Although this product did lengthen my lashes a bit and they also gave them a really curled look which was great. I have quite sensitive dry eyes and i get hay fever but despite this the product did not irritate my eyes unlike other products. You can also build up the application to three coats for a really bold look. I would've bought this again if it weren't for the clumping.

on 12/15/2016 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I got this as a sample/gift; I usually do not spring for HE mascara, one has to toss it too often. But I think I like this enough to purchase next time. However, I'll probably just get the sample/trial size again, that way I don't have to worry about tossing it out.

I focus on eyeshadow and to some extent liner (though at my age "wings" are not an option); I don't do falsies and I don't do massive amounts of mascara. I have slightly small eyes and HATE giant brushes! I find that this goes on very smoothly, and actually helps to curl your lashes (mine are medium straight); I can't use a curler due to causing lashes on my right eye to poke me in the eye, so that this curls is a real bonus! The plastic wand gives a nice even application, neither too wet nor too dry. Doesn't take much to give me the look I'm going for. I use waterproof mascara (this isn't) only when I really need it, but of course one doesn't want it to smear under normal conditions; this hasn't for me. Yet it's pretty easy to remove. I like it and will probably purchase.

on 12/11/2016 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I purchased this product with coercion from my coworkers when I was employed at Ulta Beauty, and should have returned it! I curl before every mascara application, but I don't use primer at this time. Sometimes, I split my reviews into pros and cons lists, sometimes I do not. With this product, I definitely feel like cutting to the chase.
Pros
It is a nice dark black
It evenly separates your lashes
It doesn't clump when applied
Adorable packaging
Makes lashes long, able to reapply

Cons
Comes off VERY easily when I cry or my eyes water
Got raccoon eyes from it under my eyes after a couple hours, having oily ish skin
I'm not a fan of the brush
Even with my employee discount, the price was a bit steep for most
Benefit animal tests
I would find, throughout the day, when I would blink, my bottom lashes would STICK to my top lashes. I'm talking nearly every single time I would blink. It was extremely distracting during my shifts, and I'd end up getting product into my sensitive eyes. A couple of times my eyes began tearing and I actually needed to remove the mascara entirely.

In conclusion, I would not recommend this product whatsoever. It's not the worst mascara ever made, but it's definitely not worth the hype or price.