benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara

benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara

3.5

Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmatic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/ Eiosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegalgum, Copernicia Cerifrea (Carnauba Wax), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candeulla) Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Align Serine, Bht. [ /-: Cl 19140 (Yellow 5,Yellow 5 Lake) Cl 42090 (Blue 1 Lake) Cl 77007 (Ultramarines), Cl 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)), Cl 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) Cl 772889 ((Chromium Hydroxide Green) Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 (Iron Oxides), Cl 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Cl 77742 (Manganese Violet), Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

on 8/20/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I've been on the hunt for the perfect mascara for so long, I think I found it. But, if you have
naturally curled / long lashes, I think a drugstore mascara would work. On the other hand,
my lashes are short and super straight, so this is so so amazing! Results may vary for you.

First off, the packaging; 5/5
- I don't really have a reason to not like the packaging
- Pretty light coral top, it is not bulky like Maybelline's.

Second, the wand; 5/5
- I think this wand is what does most of the eyelash curling.
- As it promises, it 'hooks' your lashes, lifting them up more
- Not poky even though it's a rubber wand (I dislike rubber)
- Wand a perfect size! Finally there is a wand easy to use !
- Longish bristles making it easy to ' comb through lashes '
- The wand, is THE ideal wand. Nothing to complain about.
- Yes, it curls like a DREAM but I still use an eyelash curler
- B/c I want to make the most out of this amazing mascara

Most importantly, the formula; 4/5
- Not too wet, not too dry. Love it so I can apply easily and I don't have to wait too long.
- It can clump if you're not careful. To avoid clumps, follow the instructions on package
- The formula isn't what lifts lashes (it's the wand), but it does help KEEP lashes curled
- Curl does stay for hours (I'm impressed, other mascaras didn't do this) but not all day
- Can be quite heavy if you apply more than 3 coats, but I think 1 / 2 is enough anyway
- Does make my lashes visibly longer & not too much volume but JUST enough for me!
- Does not make my lashes feel crusty OR feel really soft either like some people said.
- Doesn't irritate my (sort of sensitive) eyes either, which I love. I think this is amazing!
- It has not smudged or flaked on me, I'll edit this review if formula gets old & changes

Overall; 4/5 ❤ Not sure if I'll repurchase because of the price
It does what a good quality mascara should do; lengthen, curl, thicken lashes all at the
same time while not making the eye area itchy. Now, I'm a little hesitant on the price. It
is my HG mascara now, but I just don't know if spending $24 on a mascara every 3 / 4
months is worth it. Overall amazing mascara, but took one off for the price. If you have
certain questions about this product, feel free to ask me through MUA, hope this review
was helpful b /c I put it in shortest words possible. xox, @beauty.alleys on instagram❤

EDIT: Earlier, I said I would repurchase, but I changed my mind on that. I will actually
just keep the wand and use it in another cheaper mascara. Yes, it's a long process of
having the switch wands every time, but I adore the wand but the formula, I realized,
was nothing that special. So, if you have a mascara that you love but the wand sucks,
you can purchase the $12 one and switch the wand! I will definitely use this tube up,
though because I think it's wonderful! I just would NOT pay $24 every time I run out.

on 2/21/2016 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got a mini from Ulta as a birthday gift. When I tried it I was impressed. It almost looked like I was wearing my Ardell 110 falsies. For those that don't wear false eyelashes Ardell 110 is the style that I wear when I want fluttery, long lashes but looks completely like I was blessed with lovely natural lashes. I've not experienced clumping, smudging or flaking with this mascara and the curl lasted all day. It removed easily enough with my oil cleanser.

Will I buy it again? Please, have you seen the price? I know $24 is typical for a high end mascara, but for that kind of money I can a whole lot of Ardell 110 lashes and wear them every single day for the three months one full size tube lasts and still have money leftover. Like I said it ALMOST looked like I was wearing my favorite falsies. When a mascara looks BETTER than my favorite falsies, lasts all day, has ingredients that help condition my existing lashes, doesn't clump, smudge, flake or irritate my eyes, washes off easily, and holds it's curl then I'll cough up $24.

on 11/5/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

How is this not rated higher?! This is it...this is my HG mascara. I've searched for so many many years. If they discontinue it, I will weep. First off, I will say I've never been a fan of Benefit's mascaras. They're Real did nothing for me so I was kind of hesitant to try this. My lashes do not hold curl at all and they grow straight out of my face. Despite the fact that my lashes are black, I don't look like I have any without curling them. My problem was always that no mascara would hold the curl other than waterproof and those were destroying my lashes. I was left with bald gaps because despite removing it really carefully with coconut oil, my lashes were falling out like crazy. It was horrible. So after treating my lashes with castor oil every night (amazing, btw) I had gotten them to grow back thicker and longer than ever (but still curl-less). After trying every mascara you can think of (high end and drugstore), I caved and picked up the little sample size at Sephora. I really didn't expect it to wow me. The first few times I used it, it didn't. I applied it like regular mascara and while it separated beautifully, I didn't notice a dramatic difference in curl hold. I also was applying 3 coats (like I do with my other mascaras) and it left my lashes feeling sticky which I hated. But then one day, I finally got it. It's about the technique, people! I do curl my lashes first (this will never not be necessary for me, my lashes are just too stubborn, I've accepted this). Then use the short bristle side and roll the brush through my lashes while kind of blinking and pushing up. I do this slowly (so mascara doesn't go all over my lid) and repeatedly until I'm satisfied with the curl and separation. I move on to the other eye and then go back and add a light 2nd coat- no need for any more. This adds a some volume and some more length. My lashes do not clump at all and the curl I get from my lash curler doesn't drop at all! My lashes look so long. I put this on around 6:30am on weekdays and my lashes don't move until I wash it off around 8pm. This does not flake at all on me (one of the reasons I didn't like They're Real...it flaked like crazy on me) and it removes like any other regular mascara (also unlike They're Real). I'm so obsessed, I already bought the full size even though my sample size hasn't run out yet. It's also one of the rare mascaras that I like as soon as I open it. I tend to hate "fresh" mascara and prefer when they dry out a bit. Wet formulas make my lashes clump together like crazy. This one, while not what I'd consider a dry formula, worked just as well when it was new as it does now when it's been open and used daily for a month.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Wow I'm impressed. I bought this mascara a couple of weeks ago for the first time. I love it. It definitely lengthens my lashes without making them look false. It dried quick & it doesn't clump. Would definitely buy this again as it's the best mascara I've used in a long time & believe me I've tried loads.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I haven't posted a review in a long time, but I really feel I need to get this out there. Roller lash is an incredible mascara! The packaging is excellent, it holds a high curl and gives your separated and voluminous lashes. I was in love with this. Until my LASHES STARTED FALLING OUT. I began finding lashes in my eyes throughout the day, and on my cotton pad at night. I would lose up to 7 or 8 lashes in one makeup removal. I even changed my eyelash curler pad to see if that was the problem but it the loss continued. I don't believe I had an allergy because my eyes were in no way irritated, red or itchy. I believe that the formula made my eyelashes weak and brittle (and I have strong lashes) over time, and they began to snap off. My eyelashes stopped falling out after I discontinued using this, but it took a few days for my lashes to behave normally again. I would advise to try this mascara with caution if you must.

on 4/1/2015 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

nonono

I cannot say I wasted money because this was a sample given to me by Sephora. If I had paid for it, I would return it.

I have normal lashes which do not hold a curl easily so an eyelash curler is essential to me. I used my sample with high expectations. I heard no angels singing, no choirs and no nothing.

Sadly the formula of this product seems quite thin and will not do what I need it to do. I guess if you have giraffe lashes then it might work -- but then you might not even need mascara. I need volume, length and some water resistance as menopause has gotten the better of me and my lashes.
This is not for the person who needs that wonderbra for lashes.

I would not purchase this.... ever.

on 3/18/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I did not like this mascara at all. Did a decent job of darkening and curling my lashes but did not stay put. It flaked off in little black bits that fell on my cheeks and undereye area throughout the day. I only put one coat on and it wasn't particularly heavy so I just don't know what is up with this stuff. This seems to be a common problem imo with Benefit products that the package is super cute but the actual product is not that great.

on 2/23/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I had the opportunity to try this mascara in simple black packaging before it was released, and when asked which brand it was I did not think Benefit. I usually hate Benefit mascaras! Bad gal's brush drives me nuts, and I believe is too dry (and I like Tarte mascara), and They're Real I pretty much hated everything about. When I read it had Beeswax I was really excited. Not only does it apply beautifully and isn't overly wet, but its buildable and easy to remove! I've recently had some bad reactions to mascara which has caused a lot of lash loss and this has become my new favourite. I'll explain why below.

The brush is a soft synthetic with longer bristles than average. It has a soft curve to the brush and isn't overly large. There is never an excess of product on the brush and the grips on the handle make it easier to apply in the recommended way. I honestly was so happy Benefit made a soft bristled brush because that was one of the reasons I detested They're Real. I love the result of this mascara, it is a softer black and the result looks almost exactly like YSL's baby doll *but* it doesn't have the added perfume! I personally don't mind YSL's fragrance but I know it bothers a lot of people. Also it gives beautiful curl and doesn't clump. It looks so clean and despite the fact it isn't very volumizing I find it's perfect for every day wear and blending my naturally blonde lashes with falsies. It really opens my eye area up, and for added sassiness I brush some of Cliniques High Lengths mascara over top! I absolutely love this mascara and in my opinion it's a triumph for Benefit!

on 10/21/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

The question: what one item to bring when stranded on a deserted island: this is it. HG. Period. I’m quitting all drugstore mascaras and proclaiming that you should save your money and get this instead. It’s worth it.

What’s in my mascara wardrobe now? Wander beauty mile high, badgal bang, maybelline luscious sensational. Since I’m not shipwrecked, i will accept badgal bang only because I love me some big lashes with cat eyes. But with no eyeliner, this mascara is enough. More than enough...its everything for me. ADULATION

This does not hold a curl at all and does almost nothing for me besides make them slightly longer (even after 3 coats) and blacker. Worst part? It smudges everywhere by the end of the day. It's okay for those who naturally have full lashes but for an Asian like me who's lashes are practically stubs. Big no no.