BeneFit Cosmetics Roller Lash

BeneFit Cosmetics Roller Lash
Roller LashRoller LashRoller LashRoller Lash

3.5

Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmatic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/ Eiosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegalgum, Copernicia Cerifrea (Carnauba Wax), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candeulla) Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Align Serine, Bht. [ /-: Cl 19140 (Yellow 5,Yellow 5 Lake) Cl 42090 (Blue 1 Lake) Cl 77007 (Ultramarines), Cl 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)), Cl 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) Cl 772889 ((Chromium Hydroxide Green) Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 (Iron Oxides), Cl 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Cl 77742 (Manganese Violet), Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've never tried Benefit's other famous mascaras because they had the reputation of being super thick and clumpy, and that is not what I look for at all in a mascara, so I can't compare Roller Lash to the others. Basically what I look in a mascara is (ranked my importance): 1. Definition (no clumsiness for me) and 2. Length. And this definitely delivers.

Roller Lash's formula is wetter than average formulas, but that's the reason why it defines so well. It also gives good length to my short asian lashes. It gives good volume for a lengthening and curling mascara. I for one am too lazy to curl my lashes, but this mascara also does a pretty good job curling it!

Also, I was wearing this on my top and bottom lashes when I got the news that my cat had died at the hospital, and while it did not stay put (I didn't expect it to, so that's ok), it did flake off neatly and did not do any ugly smudging. So I still looked quite presentable after crying on and off for about 6 hours. While it is smudge proof and decently waterproof, it's also not hard to remove, I just use my usual waterproof eye makeup remover.

I throw away my mascara religiously after about 4-5 months (or when the formula changes), so I always get the travel size version. It's small, but definitely enough to last me for that long with almost daily use. Overall, I found this to be a very fuss-free, effectively lengthening mascara. I definitely would't mind repurchasing this again.

on 6/18/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this! I curl then apply and my lashes look long and beautiful . This is a lengthening mascara for me and that’s just what I was looking for.

on 5/29/2018 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So disappointed with this mascara. The formula takes forever to dry, and my lumps will clump together midday. Formula doesn't curl my lashes, so I still need to use a separate curler. I also didn't like how the bristle on the brush applied the product. No make for "they're real" or "bad girl".

on 5/20/2018 6:14:00 PM

I have very light, fine and sparse eyelashes. I’ve tried every mascara out there, from the most expensive to the cheapest. I bought this because it was recommended by a Sephora store clerk about four years ago. I was so impressed. The roller grabs my lashes and the formula thickens and lengthens each lash. I use two coats for my best results. I think it comes in both black and brown formulas. I’ve only used the black. It works for me and I continue to buy it.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I used this when it first came out. I tried many high end mascaras, but Roller Lash worked the best for me. I have recently been trying some drug store mascaras that are also very good. My daughter bought me a tube of this and I remember why I love it. I don’t curl my eyelashes and this mascara does it for me. I like the curved brush. It’s just the right size and is easy to use. Roller Lash is more of a lengthening and curling mascara than a volumizing one. Two coats is plenty and it has a separated fanned out look. If I want it more dramatic I could add a coat of another mascara. But this is dramatic enough for me. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite high end mascara! I love this as much as I love my Dior mascaras. The bristles are perfect - just what I prefer.

on 4/28/2018 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this mascara! It gives my lashes nice definition and color, and it doesn't smear or smudge. It's easy to remove at the end of the day, and the packaging is very cute!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Lengthens well, thickens, and definitely lifts without me needing to use a curler. I use it as a quick mascara. One coat does a great job and doesn't make my eyes water. More than one coat and my eyes stream luckily one coat is great.
In Canada it's a mid-range price mascara.
If I'm wanting a night glam look I use my eyelash curler and a different mascara I can layer without my sensitive eyes streaming. Suits my needs and does what I want it to do.

Sometimes when I apply it it goes a little clumpy and my lashes stick together so if your eyelashes are prone to honing everywhere then steer clear of this mascara.It makes them look slightly curled a little bit more curled than any other mascara.However, I've got very very long curled eyelashes but they're blond so any mascara makes my lashes look really curled.The bottle is good as it never leaks and the writing on the bottle dosent scrape of so it's excellent.There seems to be quite a bit of product in the mascara so it won't run out of quick.It smelt ok not too strong but still smelt a bit not nice.It defenitley lasts all day.

on 4/14/2018 7:35:00 AM

I bought this mascara after seeing many beauty gurus on YouTube rave about it. I think it was around £20 in the UK from Debenhams which for me is really expensive for a mascara especially when the drugstores do cheaper options which do the exact same thing as expensive mascaras. To me majority of mascaras do and look the same. The wand is flexible and curved I’m guessing which is supposed to help curl your lashes upwards. The first few months I didn’t really see much of a difference however the past 2 months I have realised this mascara works a lot better if you curl your lashes beforehand ( I use the Primark nudes collection eyelash curler) and it does give a curved , lengthened look. Also unlike the better than sex mascara by too faced it doesn’t leak onto my face .Packaging is really nice. I wouldn’t buy again because of the price and to say how expensive it is I need to curl my lashes beforehand to see a difference it isn’t good enough for me. Maybe if the mascara was around £10 I would buy again.