benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara

3.6

Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmatic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/ Eiosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegalgum, Copernicia Cerifrea (Carnauba Wax), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candeulla) Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Align Serine, Bht. [ /-: Cl 19140 (Yellow 5,Yellow 5 Lake) Cl 42090 (Blue 1 Lake) Cl 77007 (Ultramarines), Cl 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)), Cl 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) Cl 772889 ((Chromium Hydroxide Green) Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 (Iron Oxides), Cl 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Cl 77742 (Manganese Violet), Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

on 5/20/2018 6:14:00 PM

I have very light, fine and sparse eyelashes. I’ve tried every mascara out there, from the most expensive to the cheapest. I bought this because it was recommended by a Sephora store clerk about four years ago. I was so impressed. The roller grabs my lashes and the formula thickens and lengthens each lash. I use two coats for my best results. I think it comes in both black and brown formulas. I’ve only used the black. It works for me and I continue to buy it.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I used this when it first came out. I tried many high end mascaras, but Roller Lash worked the best for me. I have recently been trying some drug store mascaras that are also very good. My daughter bought me a tube of this and I remember why I love it. I don’t curl my eyelashes and this mascara does it for me. I like the curved brush. It’s just the right size and is easy to use. Roller Lash is more of a lengthening and curling mascara than a volumizing one. Two coats is plenty and it has a separated fanned out look. If I want it more dramatic I could add a coat of another mascara. But this is dramatic enough for me. Love it!

on 11/23/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved the way this mascara looked--for approximately 2 weeks. After that, it became sticky and very dry. I thought I had purchased a defective tube, but the second one I bought dried out just as quickly. No, thanks. I can't afford to replace expensive mascara every few weeks. I disliked the cap on the tube, as well. It looked extremely dirty after about a week of use.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

On my...fourth tube? Will be buying a couple more day after tomorrow in Ulta's 21 Days sale. My lashes are fairly long and have a good natural curl. They are fine though, and not terribly thick. Roller Lash does a fabulous job on them. Makes them look less fine individually and thicker overall, but not too dense which is not a look I like. It makes them longer without clumping, and does such a great job that I am sometimes asked what kind of false lashes I'm wearing. I have never had a problem with smearing, flaking, or any bad effects/breakage of my lashes. I never go to bed with makeup on, and the mascara comes off easily with Pond's cold cream. Don't even try other mascaras anymore. First time I've said that in decades.

I can't believe I finally found my HG in mascaras!!!!! It doesn't smudge, smear or clump. It curls, adds volume AND length. Wit a few extra coats I can get amazingly long lashes! I will NEVER be without this!

Hmm. Lots of people love this. Maybe I just have weird lashes?

For one thing--and this is not really about the mascara formula itself--I am tired of gimmicky brushes. I especially hate the asymmetric ones that are curved or that have one texture on one side and a different one of the other. So that's one problem here.

For my lashes, these "bristles" are too widely spaced, and they put too much glop on my lashes, so they stick together into points like Lisa Simpson's hair. Trying to brush through them with the wand just adds more mascara without separation, so it becomes a mess. Yes, I've tried wiping the brush before application, but that doesn't seem to help this problem.

The mascara itself (aside from the brush) is just too heavy, sticky, and wet for my lashes; it makes them stick together. I've tried brushing through my lashes while they're still wet with a separate spoolie brush thing; that helps a bit but is a hassle. Also, because the formula is so wet, I can't seem to *not* get some mascara on my eyelids as I'm applying this. (That's not a problem I regularly have.)

On the plus side: it doesn't flake or wear off on me--and I have oily skin, so that's impressive. It's also fairly easy to remove. I'll use it up, I guess, but I won't repurchase.

on 1/8/2017 2:46:00 PM

Love the brush. Love the way it looks...right after I put it on. Smudges like crazy. Hard to remove.

on 12/15/2016 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I got this as a sample/gift; I usually do not spring for HE mascara, one has to toss it too often. But I think I like this enough to purchase next time. However, I'll probably just get the sample/trial size again, that way I don't have to worry about tossing it out.

I focus on eyeshadow and to some extent liner (though at my age "wings" are not an option); I don't do falsies and I don't do massive amounts of mascara. I have slightly small eyes and HATE giant brushes! I find that this goes on very smoothly, and actually helps to curl your lashes (mine are medium straight); I can't use a curler due to causing lashes on my right eye to poke me in the eye, so that this curls is a real bonus! The plastic wand gives a nice even application, neither too wet nor too dry. Doesn't take much to give me the look I'm going for. I use waterproof mascara (this isn't) only when I really need it, but of course one doesn't want it to smear under normal conditions; this hasn't for me. Yet it's pretty easy to remove. I like it and will probably purchase.

on 12/3/2016 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nope. The brush is very hard to work with and the formula smudges. My eyelashes are short, thin, sparse, fragile, like cobwebs, and the hard plastic bristles scratched my eyelids.

on 5/19/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first mascara I've ever used that held the curl. I curl my lashes and then apply Roller Lash. It doesn't clump, has no fibers but still makes my lashes look full and curled up. I hope Benefit never discontinues or changes this mascara, unless they want to add waterproofing, but I use Ultra Raincoat over it anyway. Great product.