Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil

Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil

3.0

Persea Gratissima (Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Organic, Cold Pressed Concord Grape) Seed Oil, Rubus Fruticosus (Cold Pressed Blackberry) Seed Oil, Salvia Hispanica (Cold Pressed Chia) Oil, Dimethyl Isosorbide (and) Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Chamomila Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Tanacetum annuum (Blue Tansy) oil, Anthemis nobilis (English Chamomile) oil, Eriocephalus punctualatus (Cape Chamomile) oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Neroli) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Blood Orange) oil, Cananga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Vetivera zizanoides (Vetiver) oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, CI 61565 (Green 6), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

This causes my skin to break out. I have a feeling that if I stuck with it, this problem would go away, but I’m sadly too vain to find out.

on 5/20/2018 9:18:00 AM

this is the best antiaging night product i ve tried so far. in terms of effectiveness i can only compare it with the estee lauder advanced night repair and it is very gentle, i used this a couple of hours after depilatory cream(upper lip peach fuzz) without the slightest irritation and i have very sensitive skin that is why i can't use wax or strips.usually after facial hair removal i can barely tolerate basic panthenol creams so i was very suprised with this. it completely restores my skin overnight using only few drops even small breakouts or irritations i might get from daytime makeup or hormonal they usually disappear overnight after applying this.it is expensive but a little goes a long way, i usually only use 2-3 drops, you don't have to soak in this to work, and it wouldn't feel comfortable if you go overboard. for me 2-3 drops soak completely with no greasy feeling or residue. if i feel i need more it just takes a little longer to absorb but doesn't feel heavy as most oils tend to.i like trying out many skincare products but stick to the few ones that actually provide both immediate and overtime results. this one does that for me and is a nightime routine essential.

on 2/16/2018 7:30:00 AM

I really like this serum. Depending on peoples life style sometimes we need easy to use power house products. I consider this one of the easiest and most beneficial serums out there. I used it for many years when I was less of a skin care junky. I saw results early on.

I used about 4 drops every night. After about a month of use I noticed my complexion appeared brighter and my skin was smoother. The formula is very light and absorbs into the skin quickly. It doesn't interfere with other products. I also liked it because it's very gentle and at the time I was not used to any retinol products. I have stopped using this serum because I switched to an actual retin-A product. Although I believe that if or when I decide to go back to using something less aggressive I will definitely purchase this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product really does belong in the much-hyped spotlight. The form of retinoid is gentler, so it’s less irritating, and I alternate this with my differin so that I get that smooth without the flakes. I do credit this in assisting me very well in my fight against blackheads, wrinkles, and texture. It will continue to be a weapon in the arsenal for sure. If you’re a “live to eat, not eat to live” kinda skincare fiend, this is a good purchase, otherwise go Ordinary. The Only Gripe: faking the blue tansy concentration with dye. I added my own blue tansy oil to this (skincare dork alert) because I love the stuff so much and I know there isn’t much in there.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Meh. It’s too expensive for what it does. I have very dry skin and I was hoping this would be a miracle product for me, unfortunately no dice. Tarte’s Maracuja Oil is a better product for a lot less money.

on 12/9/2017 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this along with Good Genes as part of the "Power Couple" value set at Sephora. This oil is enjoyable to use (the blue thing is fab), smells good, is moisturizing, and sinks into the skin well...but it is expensive, and I noticed absolutely no different in my skin after using this product regularly for a few months. So, for me, not worth it. And TBH, the lack of results after all the hype over this product turned me off the Sunday Riley brand a bit.

on 11/25/2017 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is one of my biggest beauty purchase regrets to date. I bought into the hype that's all over YouTube about this oil, and so I purchased the smaller size to give it a good try before committing to the larger bottle, although $55 for 0.5 oz is still certainly not inexpensive. I made myself use this product each night before bed for months, but results just never came. The good thing is that it didn't cause any problems for me. The bad news is that I spent $55 on a product that literally did nothing for my skin.

On top of doing nothing, I have a few other problems with this product. The dye, for one. Why the dye? Do we really need blue dye to remind us that this is a nighttime product? It just seems gimmicky to me. I could do without the smell, as well. Finally, I found it really hard to get to absorb into my skin. Just not worth it. I'd pass on this one -- you can find cheaper products out there that do the same thing (nothing) as this one.

On the plus, it does look very luxurious sitting on my vanity.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using this product 1 week i had pimple breakouts on my forehead and had to remove it to my routine. Tried it again before but had the same reaction, for my skin type the only use i have with this product is to use it when i have a dry skin “day” and avoid using it daily. Sealing all serums/essence/moisturizer is the only use i can think of. Which i think is useless for the cost i paid for.

on 11/3/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

So I've been using this on and off for a year but regulary for about 5 months and I feel I can give a fair opinion. Also, since a little goes a long way I've also been making my boyfriend use it so that I can get through it faster and I also have his experience. First of all, I'm used to facial oils and always incorporate a facial oil routine so this didn't feel unfamiliar. The first few times I used it I did notice a brighter "glow" to my skin the next morning but it wasn't on the level of a vitamin C cream for me. I have combo skin but this oil didn't dry my skin out too bad like other retinoids, it also didn't make me break out in horrible cystic bumps/angry red bumps like other people. I also noticed that it does smooth and soften my frown lines, my boyfriend who is 45 had the same experience. Why the low rating? Over the course of several months, while nothing cataclysmic happened to my skin, I noticed the overall condition of my skin deteriorated. I had more clogged pores and what the user below described as "bumps" under the skin but not acne or pus filled, almost like when you get a bug bite but not red looking. These would come and go, and despite using spf I've noticed that I've developed larger sun spots which had been under control prior to this. Also, if I go a day or two without using it, my skin gets a minor freak out where i get "mini-acne" on my forehead and jawline. However none of this was drastic enough for me to stop, what confirmed it was I went to Europe for a month and didn't bring this, only some basic skincare and my skin when I came back was flawless. Boyfriend had same experience, he started developing more breakouts, which is very rare for him since he's 45, but again it wasn't drastic. However the other day he was taking a look at himself in the mirror and remarked to me- I think with all the breakouts and hyperpigmentation leftover, my skin looks worse than before it started. So overall verdict- it does smooth some fine lines and soften the look of wrinkles, but the general quality and texture of your skin does decrease incrementally. I guess it depends on what your skincare priorities are but for me, it wasn't worth it

on 10/10/2017 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Horrible stuff. Broke me out like no other and by morning time my face feels dry and scaly. Weirdly i like the herbal medicinal smell.
Ridiculously over priced. Don't waste your money!