Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil

Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil

3.0

Persea Gratissima (Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Organic, Cold Pressed Concord Grape) Seed Oil, Rubus Fruticosus (Cold Pressed Blackberry) Seed Oil, Salvia Hispanica (Cold Pressed Chia) Oil, Dimethyl Isosorbide (and) Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Chamomila Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Tanacetum annuum (Blue Tansy) oil, Anthemis nobilis (English Chamomile) oil, Eriocephalus punctualatus (Cape Chamomile) oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Neroli) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Blood Orange) oil, Cananga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Vetivera zizanoides (Vetiver) oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, CI 61565 (Green 6), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 8/16/2018 8:48:00 PM

This product just didn't do anything for me and was a disappointment overall. And I'm a fan of Sunday Riley's products. Good Genes, Ceramic Slip, Tidal, and CEO are all favorites of mine. Great results for my combo-oily skin. But when I tried the Luna Sleeping Oil, there was no noticeable difference in my skin's appearance whatsoever. This stuff just isn't for me.

And it just sits on top of my skin as a greasy layer. I dislike the way it feels.

I wouldn't buy this product again.

on 8/16/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I tried out this product wanting to hate it but I fell in love. It is amazing! It evens my skin tone, clears my acne, and I'm assuming it takes care of wrinkles but that hasn't been an issue for me so far. The only cons are that is pricey and getting oil on your pillows but then again I think I'm using too much. This stuff is a holy grail....for me better than retin a, differin, and other retinol products. It doesn't create a rash, peeling, or irritate my skin at all. It really does keep my skin clear and evened out my skin tone. I use a clear Clinique salicylic acid gel during the daytime (under my makeup) and the Luna oil at night and this combination really does keep my skin clear.

on 8/14/2018 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Thank you to all who have related your experiences with Luna causing breakouts. I received a sample of this in a subscription box. I spent years getting my skin to clear up (I sincerely love Korean skin care products!), so when I started getting breakouts again, I was stymied. But indeed, they coincided with me trying out Luna. To the trash can, and I will reunite with my trusty Differin.

on 8/2/2018 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Very disappointed by the false labelling. You would think such a large company would conform to local laws. It appears that this company lists its ingredients not as per required by law, in quantity order, but by most expensive ingredient first. Because of this you do not know the quantity of ingredients and this can as in my case caused an allergic reaction. This is not only illegal, but dangerous.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I received a generous sample of this with my purchase of 'Good Genes' - a product that I loved using and delivered results. However I'm still on the fence about this one. What attracted me to it the most was the ingredients, very impressive and very natural with a good selection of Omega-rich and antioxidant oils utilized in the formulation, plus a retinoic acid ester in the form of 'Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate' - one of the newest forms of retinoids and also seen in 'The Ordinary's' Granactive Retinoid range. I was somewhat concerned about 'Blood Orange' oil being phototoxic, however a quick search revealed I had nothing to worry about. Phew! Still, just to be extra cautious I decided only to use it on a night time.

Sunday Riley suggest one of the ways to use this is to layer it apply it before 'Good Genes', something I just couldn't get my head around (why would you layer any product over another one which is composed almost totally of oils and therefore would create an impenetrable layer, preventing the other from even reaching the skin?). I decide to do it my way and use just Good Genes on one side (my left) and Luna Sleeping Night Oil on my right. Turns out although both sides were softer and more glowing, the side with the night oil was less so, although better hydrated. Nevertheless there was a discernible difference on both sides compared to the previous week when using a different product.

All in all I do like this but wouldn't necessarily go out and purchase a full bottle now that my GWP has ran out. Although it didn't break me out or cause any negative reaction it just didn't blow me away either. To be fair a good part of how I feel about it is when comparing its results to Good Genes and also my high expectations from the super-impressive ingredients list.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/13/2018 3:36:00 AM

After reading all the rave about this I decided to purchase it at Sephora. Thank goodness I can return it because this broke me out. I've been battling against acne most of my adult life. Been on Accutane twice and only in the past few years, my face have cleared up and been acne free. After using this oil for 2 nights hoping it will help me my large pores, oh boy my face flared up and my pores didn't look better.
I went back to Sephora asap to return it and get my money back as this was not cheap!

This causes my skin to break out. I have a feeling that if I stuck with it, this problem would go away, but I’m sadly too vain to find out.

on 5/20/2018 9:18:00 AM

this is the best antiaging night product i ve tried so far. in terms of effectiveness i can only compare it with the estee lauder advanced night repair and it is very gentle, i used this a couple of hours after depilatory cream(upper lip peach fuzz) without the slightest irritation and i have very sensitive skin that is why i can't use wax or strips.usually after facial hair removal i can barely tolerate basic panthenol creams so i was very suprised with this. it completely restores my skin overnight using only few drops even small breakouts or irritations i might get from daytime makeup or hormonal they usually disappear overnight after applying this.it is expensive but a little goes a long way, i usually only use 2-3 drops, you don't have to soak in this to work, and it wouldn't feel comfortable if you go overboard. for me 2-3 drops soak completely with no greasy feeling or residue. if i feel i need more it just takes a little longer to absorb but doesn't feel heavy as most oils tend to.i like trying out many skincare products but stick to the few ones that actually provide both immediate and overtime results. this one does that for me and is a nightime routine essential.

on 2/16/2018 7:30:00 AM

I really like this serum. Depending on peoples life style sometimes we need easy to use power house products. I consider this one of the easiest and most beneficial serums out there. I used it for many years when I was less of a skin care junky. I saw results early on.

I used about 4 drops every night. After about a month of use I noticed my complexion appeared brighter and my skin was smoother. The formula is very light and absorbs into the skin quickly. It doesn't interfere with other products. I also liked it because it's very gentle and at the time I was not used to any retinol products. I have stopped using this serum because I switched to an actual retin-A product. Although I believe that if or when I decide to go back to using something less aggressive I will definitely purchase this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product really does belong in the much-hyped spotlight. The form of retinoid is gentler, so it’s less irritating, and I alternate this with my differin so that I get that smooth without the flakes. I do credit this in assisting me very well in my fight against blackheads, wrinkles, and texture. It will continue to be a weapon in the arsenal for sure. If you’re a “live to eat, not eat to live” kinda skincare fiend, this is a good purchase, otherwise go Ordinary. The Only Gripe: faking the blue tansy concentration with dye. I added my own blue tansy oil to this (skincare dork alert) because I love the stuff so much and I know there isn’t much in there.