Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil

Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil

3.0

Persea Gratissima (Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Organic, Cold Pressed Concord Grape) Seed Oil, Rubus Fruticosus (Cold Pressed Blackberry) Seed Oil, Salvia Hispanica (Cold Pressed Chia) Oil, Dimethyl Isosorbide (and) Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Chamomila Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Tanacetum annuum (Blue Tansy) oil, Anthemis nobilis (English Chamomile) oil, Eriocephalus punctualatus (Cape Chamomile) oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Neroli) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Blood Orange) oil, Cananga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Vetivera zizanoides (Vetiver) oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, CI 61565 (Green 6), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Broke me out! I tried using this stuff for s good two months before giving up. When I initially tried samples from Sephora I really liked it so I bought the big bottle, what a mistake. After a couple of weeks I started getting frequent pimples. I thought it was a purging effect caused by the retinol so I kept using it. After a couple months of regularly getting pimples on my chin and jaw area I decided that this was not normal and I had to stop using it. I stopped a week ago and my skin is finally getting back to normal. Avoid this if you have naturally oily skin! It will only break you out. Not to mention how over priced this product is.

on 11/27/2018 12:49:00 PM

I have only been using this oil for a little over a week and I can't say it worked any miracles but if it wasn't for the smell I would keep using it. I roll my eyes at people who say they object to the scent of a product because it is rarely an issue for me. Even the scent of Perricone products do not offend me in the least. I am a product junkie and I can't think of another product I have rejected because of smell. But this stuff is truly offensive. It smells like rotted vegetation with notes of rancid fat. The high scores on Sephora reviews mystify me especially compared to the negative reviews here. I am afraid to review there because I would be so against the tide. Sephora reviewers even claim they like the smell of "blue tansy" which is evidentially why it stinks so much. Even if it worked miracles I would have a difficult time putting this one my face right before bedtime. If it were for the bottom of my feet, I might be able to handle it. Or if it were for morning it would be easier to take but right before bed I want to smell good things on my skin. I am going back to Anastasia Hydration oil which is half the price, smells like heaven and keeps my skin hydrated and healthy. Oh and even though the packaging is elegant, as others have noted when you open it the bottle falls out of the box and on the floor. I just barely caught it. The package should be fun to open not scary.

on 11/10/2018 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I originally received the travel size of Luna and Good Genes and have used all of Luna. Good Genes i felt broke my face out however the purging is a factor. Together these work very well but I have been using Luna every night for 3 months and my face is smoother,plumper and over all much more healthier Looking. This is now part of my night time ritual. Apply 2-3 drops of Luna at night, message into the face. This hasn’t caused any breakouts

on 10/16/2018 4:53:00 PM

Took a risk buying a full size of this without trying it first, and with no way of returning it (purchased on holiday), but it paid off. It works really well for my skin, looks brighter and smoother, more even toned. Breakouts have reduced drastically, and the occasional spot I do get is now gone the following day - whereas before they would have stayed red and angry for at least a week, if not longer. It is expensive but I will definitely buy it again, I got the 15ml size in May and still have just under half left using 2 drops most nights, so it’ll last for ages and works out at £7.50 per month so far at normal UK prices. I wouldn’t normally spend quite so much on one product, the rest of my routine is The Ordinary, but the difference I’ve seen with this is worth it for me.

on 8/16/2018 8:48:00 PM

This product just didn't do anything for me and was a disappointment overall. And I'm a fan of Sunday Riley's products. Good Genes, Ceramic Slip, Tidal, and CEO are all favorites of mine. Great results for my combo-oily skin. But when I tried the Luna Sleeping Oil, there was no noticeable difference in my skin's appearance whatsoever. This stuff just isn't for me.

And it just sits on top of my skin as a greasy layer. I dislike the way it feels.

I wouldn't buy this product again.

on 8/16/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I tried out this product wanting to hate it but I fell in love. It is amazing! It evens my skin tone, clears my acne, and I'm assuming it takes care of wrinkles but that hasn't been an issue for me so far. The only cons are that is pricey and getting oil on your pillows but then again I think I'm using too much. This stuff is a holy grail....for me better than retin a, differin, and other retinol products. It doesn't create a rash, peeling, or irritate my skin at all. It really does keep my skin clear and evened out my skin tone. I use a clear Clinique salicylic acid gel during the daytime (under my makeup) and the Luna oil at night and this combination really does keep my skin clear.

on 8/14/2018 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Thank you to all who have related your experiences with Luna causing breakouts. I received a sample of this in a subscription box. I spent years getting my skin to clear up (I sincerely love Korean skin care products!), so when I started getting breakouts again, I was stymied. But indeed, they coincided with me trying out Luna. To the trash can, and I will reunite with my trusty Differin.

on 8/2/2018 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Very disappointed by the false labelling. You would think such a large company would conform to local laws. It appears that this company lists its ingredients not as per required by law, in quantity order, but by most expensive ingredient first. Because of this you do not know the quantity of ingredients and this can as in my case caused an allergic reaction. This is not only illegal, but dangerous.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I received a generous sample of this with my purchase of 'Good Genes' - a product that I loved using and delivered results. However I'm still on the fence about this one. What attracted me to it the most was the ingredients, very impressive and very natural with a good selection of Omega-rich and antioxidant oils utilized in the formulation, plus a retinoic acid ester in the form of 'Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate' - one of the newest forms of retinoids and also seen in 'The Ordinary's' Granactive Retinoid range. I was somewhat concerned about 'Blood Orange' oil being phototoxic, however a quick search revealed I had nothing to worry about. Phew! Still, just to be extra cautious I decided only to use it on a night time.

Sunday Riley suggest one of the ways to use this is to layer it apply it before 'Good Genes', something I just couldn't get my head around (why would you layer any product over another one which is composed almost totally of oils and therefore would create an impenetrable layer, preventing the other from even reaching the skin?). I decide to do it my way and use just Good Genes on one side (my left) and Luna Sleeping Night Oil on my right. Turns out although both sides were softer and more glowing, the side with the night oil was less so, although better hydrated. Nevertheless there was a discernible difference on both sides compared to the previous week when using a different product.

All in all I do like this but wouldn't necessarily go out and purchase a full bottle now that my GWP has ran out. Although it didn't break me out or cause any negative reaction it just didn't blow me away either. To be fair a good part of how I feel about it is when comparing its results to Good Genes and also my high expectations from the super-impressive ingredients list.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/13/2018 3:36:00 AM

After reading all the rave about this I decided to purchase it at Sephora. Thank goodness I can return it because this broke me out. I've been battling against acne most of my adult life. Been on Accutane twice and only in the past few years, my face have cleared up and been acne free. After using this oil for 2 nights hoping it will help me my large pores, oh boy my face flared up and my pores didn't look better.
I went back to Sephora asap to return it and get my money back as this was not cheap!