Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil

Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil

3.0

Persea Gratissima (Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Organic, Cold Pressed Concord Grape) Seed Oil, Rubus Fruticosus (Cold Pressed Blackberry) Seed Oil, Salvia Hispanica (Cold Pressed Chia) Oil, Dimethyl Isosorbide (and) Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Chamomila Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Tanacetum annuum (Blue Tansy) oil, Anthemis nobilis (English Chamomile) oil, Eriocephalus punctualatus (Cape Chamomile) oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Neroli) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Blood Orange) oil, Cananga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Vetivera zizanoides (Vetiver) oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, CI 61565 (Green 6), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 12/9/2017 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this along with Good Genes as part of the "Power Couple" value set at Sephora. This oil is enjoyable to use (the blue thing is fab), smells good, is moisturizing, and sinks into the skin well...but it is expensive, and I noticed absolutely no different in my skin after using this product regularly for a few months. So, for me, not worth it. And TBH, the lack of results after all the hype over this product turned me off the Sunday Riley brand a bit.

on 11/25/2017 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is one of my biggest beauty purchase regrets to date. I bought into the hype that's all over YouTube about this oil, and so I purchased the smaller size to give it a good try before committing to the larger bottle, although $55 for 0.5 oz is still certainly not inexpensive. I made myself use this product each night before bed for months, but results just never came. The good thing is that it didn't cause any problems for me. The bad news is that I spent $55 on a product that literally did nothing for my skin.

On top of doing nothing, I have a few other problems with this product. The dye, for one. Why the dye? Do we really need blue dye to remind us that this is a nighttime product? It just seems gimmicky to me. I could do without the smell, as well. Finally, I found it really hard to get to absorb into my skin. Just not worth it. I'd pass on this one -- you can find cheaper products out there that do the same thing (nothing) as this one.

On the plus, it does look very luxurious sitting on my vanity.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using this product 1 week i had pimple breakouts on my forehead and had to remove it to my routine. Tried it again before but had the same reaction, for my skin type the only use i have with this product is to use it when i have a dry skin “day” and avoid using it daily. Sealing all serums/essence/moisturizer is the only use i can think of. Which i think is useless for the cost i paid for.

on 11/3/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

So I've been using this on and off for a year but regulary for about 5 months and I feel I can give a fair opinion. Also, since a little goes a long way I've also been making my boyfriend use it so that I can get through it faster and I also have his experience. First of all, I'm used to facial oils and always incorporate a facial oil routine so this didn't feel unfamiliar. The first few times I used it I did notice a brighter "glow" to my skin the next morning but it wasn't on the level of a vitamin C cream for me. I have combo skin but this oil didn't dry my skin out too bad like other retinoids, it also didn't make me break out in horrible cystic bumps/angry red bumps like other people. I also noticed that it does smooth and soften my frown lines, my boyfriend who is 45 had the same experience. Why the low rating? Over the course of several months, while nothing cataclysmic happened to my skin, I noticed the overall condition of my skin deteriorated. I had more clogged pores and what the user below described as "bumps" under the skin but not acne or pus filled, almost like when you get a bug bite but not red looking. These would come and go, and despite using spf I've noticed that I've developed larger sun spots which had been under control prior to this. Also, if I go a day or two without using it, my skin gets a minor freak out where i get "mini-acne" on my forehead and jawline. However none of this was drastic enough for me to stop, what confirmed it was I went to Europe for a month and didn't bring this, only some basic skincare and my skin when I came back was flawless. Boyfriend had same experience, he started developing more breakouts, which is very rare for him since he's 45, but again it wasn't drastic. However the other day he was taking a look at himself in the mirror and remarked to me- I think with all the breakouts and hyperpigmentation leftover, my skin looks worse than before it started. So overall verdict- it does smooth some fine lines and soften the look of wrinkles, but the general quality and texture of your skin does decrease incrementally. I guess it depends on what your skincare priorities are but for me, it wasn't worth it

on 10/10/2017 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Horrible stuff. Broke me out like no other and by morning time my face feels dry and scaly. Weirdly i like the herbal medicinal smell.
Ridiculously over priced. Don't waste your money!

on 10/2/2017 1:58:00 PM

This product completely destroyed my skin. I started using this in January and at first had amazing results. Then my skin started breaking out all the time much worse than at any other point in my life. All the pores on my cheeks began to clog up with these strange bumps under my skin that would never actually form into a zit but would just stay there. Now wearing make up looks worse than nothing because of the extreme texture. My Derm confirmed that it was this that was wreaking havoc on my skin. I've stopped using it for about 5 days and already see a vast improvement. Be careful and don't buy into the hype like I did ! Now I have to pay a ton of money to reverse all the damage I've caused !

on 9/23/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thick oil that didn't absorb and did absolutely nothing for my skin after a few months of use. While it didn't break me out, I'm giving it one star only because it really irritates me when the beauty guru/blogger bandwagon hype up ineffective products like this one when there are far more effective products.

I'm still trying out products so I can't recommend something instead, but here is a very helpful chart I found that lists common retinol products in order of type and strength:

I love this oil. My skin is normal to dry with little acne. Usually I am not a huge fan of the feeling of oils on my skin, but this is an exception. The oil is a blue color but once you massage it into the skin it turns clear. I have noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin. It feels much softer and my fine lines seem to have disappeared a little bit. The scent isn't my favorite. It is a bit strong, but it isn't offensive. It is quite expensive $55 for half an ounce.

on 7/30/2017 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Was given a weeks sample at Space NK. Nice enough oil - the blue colour of the oil doesn't stain the skin. I'm on the fence here, nothing special but didn't have a bad reaction either. But its very expensive and for that price I would expect a product to work

OUTSTANDING. HOLY GRAIL. I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH.

If I ran out of this product I'd buy it again-if I had the cash. $70 CAD for fifteen millilitres of inexpensive oils is a lot, unreasonable and borderline exorbitant.

Full face application: barely a drop, a little went a long way. Smoothing and evening of skin tone the next morning. Acne scars faded. Moisturization was deep and 10/10. Left a very novel blue tint on skin.

On millium: they shrunk to the point of invisibility within three applications but came back soon after. (seeking a dermatologist and extractions is best for permanent results).

Retinol (in this product) is known for fighting wrinkles, reducing fine lines etc but was originally designed to be used for acne. It works by speeding cell turnover (making dark spots fade faster) and 'uncapping' blocked pores. it has the side effect of thinning skin (so NO waxing) and increasing sensitivity to sunlight. Retinol can not be exposed to other ingredients in skincare (such as benzoyl peroxide, so I have to alternate between using retinol and BP products) and sunlight (which is why this oil is meant for night use).

I remember reading somewhere (credible, of course, probably paula's choice) that the form of retinol used in the oil is relatively new and untested. However it is said to be less irritating. I did not experience irritation but then again I used very little.

I recently bought the ordinary advanced retinoid 2%, which is 14 times less expensive than the full size of this oil. It was pretty damn good as well.