Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil

Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil

3.0

Persea Gratissima (Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Organic, Cold Pressed Concord Grape) Seed Oil, Rubus Fruticosus (Cold Pressed Blackberry) Seed Oil, Salvia Hispanica (Cold Pressed Chia) Oil, Dimethyl Isosorbide (and) Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Chamomila Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Tanacetum annuum (Blue Tansy) oil, Anthemis nobilis (English Chamomile) oil, Eriocephalus punctualatus (Cape Chamomile) oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Neroli) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Blood Orange) oil, Cananga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Vetivera zizanoides (Vetiver) oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, CI 61565 (Green 6), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 10/10/2017 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Horrible stuff. Broke me out like no other and by morning time my face feels dry and scaly. Weirdly i like the herbal medicinal smell.
Ridiculously over priced. Don't waste your money!

on 10/2/2017 1:58:00 PM

This product completely destroyed my skin. I started using this in January and at first had amazing results. Then my skin started breaking out all the time much worse than at any other point in my life. All the pores on my cheeks began to clog up with these strange bumps under my skin that would never actually form into a zit but would just stay there. Now wearing make up looks worse than nothing because of the extreme texture. My Derm confirmed that it was this that was wreaking havoc on my skin. I've stopped using it for about 5 days and already see a vast improvement. Be careful and don't buy into the hype like I did ! Now I have to pay a ton of money to reverse all the damage I've caused !

I love this oil. My skin is normal to dry with little acne. Usually I am not a huge fan of the feeling of oils on my skin, but this is an exception. The oil is a blue color but once you massage it into the skin it turns clear. I have noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin. It feels much softer and my fine lines seem to have disappeared a little bit. The scent isn't my favorite. It is a bit strong, but it isn't offensive. It is quite expensive $55 for half an ounce.

on 7/30/2017 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Was given a weeks sample at Space NK. Nice enough oil - the blue colour of the oil doesn't stain the skin. I'm on the fence here, nothing special but didn't have a bad reaction either. But its very expensive and for that price I would expect a product to work

on 9/23/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thick oil that didn't absorb and did absolutely nothing for my skin after a few months of use. While it didn't break me out, I'm giving it one star only because it really irritates me when the beauty guru/blogger bandwagon hype up ineffective products like this one when there are far more effective products.

I'm still trying out products so I can't recommend something instead, but here is a very helpful chart I found that lists common retinol products in order of type and strength:

OUTSTANDING. HOLY GRAIL. I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH.

If I ran out of this product I'd buy it again-if I had the cash. $70 CAD for fifteen millilitres of inexpensive oils is a lot, unreasonable and borderline exorbitant.

Full face application: barely a drop, a little went a long way. Smoothing and evening of skin tone the next morning. Acne scars faded. Moisturization was deep and 10/10. Left a very novel blue tint on skin.

On millium: they shrunk to the point of invisibility within three applications but came back soon after. (seeking a dermatologist and extractions is best for permanent results).

Retinol (in this product) is known for fighting wrinkles, reducing fine lines etc but was originally designed to be used for acne. It works by speeding cell turnover (making dark spots fade faster) and 'uncapping' blocked pores. it has the side effect of thinning skin (so NO waxing) and increasing sensitivity to sunlight. Retinol can not be exposed to other ingredients in skincare (such as benzoyl peroxide, so I have to alternate between using retinol and BP products) and sunlight (which is why this oil is meant for night use).

I remember reading somewhere (credible, of course, probably paula's choice) that the form of retinol used in the oil is relatively new and untested. However it is said to be less irritating. I did not experience irritation but then again I used very little.

I recently bought the ordinary advanced retinoid 2%, which is 14 times less expensive than the full size of this oil. It was pretty damn good as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a good oil if you have troubled skin. It literally helps plump and rejuvenate your skin keeping it in prime condition. This is one of the only very pure retinol over the counter products most are prescribed by a dermatologist. I have very oily and acne prone skin. If you can't afford consistent dermatologist appointments and monthly prescriptions I highly suggest this line. This has helped with the acne, acne scarring and balancing my skin. Like all Sunday Riley product it is as expensive as hell. I bough mine in a kit and it is not a full size and I think I can safely say it will last me till September at least. A little goes a long way.

on 6/27/2017 1:52:00 PM

I got a very generous deluxe sized sample of this. I tried using this for weeks, on my face as well as on my eye area. I did not notice any improvement in my skin, and kind of hated the oily residue feeling (well it is oil, I know). No noticeable hydrating, tightening, pores, brightening, etc. Smelled meh and the blue color was gross. Really gave it a go, using it probably a month trying hard to like it. I ended up throwing the rest away...and it really made me cringe knowing it was worth so much money. But, I just didn't like it or found it effective. Would never dream of buying this. I don't understand why people are spending their hard earned money on this.

I was disappointed to find this product did very little for me. It did improve my skin texture and reduced breakouts, but was not as effective as other retinoids I have used. I felt that this sat heavily on top of my skin. I think the pretty packaging and blue tansy extracts are a little gimmicky. It was not worth the high price tag.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using Luna for a little under a year, and I have seen a huge, marked difference in my skin. I am not a skincare expert by any means, but once I hit my early 30s, I decided it was time to invest in something a little better than drugstore moisturizer. In summer of 2016 I got a sample packet from Sephora with little ampoules of Luna, enough to use it for several days to test it. After I finished the samples, I knew I needed to purchase a full bottle. There are two things that are remarkable about Luna; the first is the price. Yes, it is expensive. The second is that it is blue. A lot of people have issues with both of these things but I don't really mind either. When I purchased my bottle, only the full size was available, but now Sephora offers a smaller bottle that's less expensive as well. By the time I finish the full size bottle, it will last for about a year, which comes down to less than $10 a month. I have upgraded a lot of my skincare over the past year or so, but I know that Luna is really the difference maker. I look forward to continuing to use this in my routine.