Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette

Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette

3.8

on 2/12/2015 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite, go to palette now. This is coming from someone who has been in a long term relationship with the Lorac Pro Palette, so that is really saying something. I almost hate to rave about it, because of how much trouble people are having getting their hands on it.

If you do not like warm eyeshadows, this is not the palette for you. Just about every color in here except for maybe three or four lean extremely warm. I LOVE these kind of colors with my blue eyes though, so that's a plus for me. The colors range from champagne highlight shades to oranges and browns, to plummy purples, deep browns, a few pinks, and one deep emerald green.

This palette contains 28 shades, with a good mix of mattes, satins, and shimmers. It retails for $27.99, making it a great value. If you can't get your hands on this limited edition palette, don't worry, Morphe sells these eyeshadows individually for $2 each.

The texture and pigmentation of these shadows is what totally blew me away. They are the closest thing I have found to Lorac's eyeshadow formula from the pro palette. They're SO soft and there isn't a did in the palette. Like Lorac though, they tend to kick up quite a bit of product if you dig your brush in too much, so if that is something that bothers you about the Pro palettes, Morphe Eyeshadows might not be for you. But the insane pigmentation and blendability has made this my new favorite pressed eyeshadow formula. And with the regular eyeshadow singles retailing for $2 each, this is an obsession I can afford to keep up! My favorite color in the palette is #14, a matte burnt orange color. It's unlike anything else in my collection, and makes the PRETTIEST transition shade. I've had this palette a few weeks, and I've already made a decent sized dent in that shadow because I can't stop using it. I like that I can replace that eyeshadow pan when I inevitably use it up, although it will take some fidgeting to pry the old pan out of the palette.

My only qualms with this palette are related to the packaging. Its flat black with Morphe's logo on the front, but beyond that there is no labeling of any kind on the palette. No the name of the palette, not eyeshadow names, nothing. There was a small sticker on the back that said "JH" when I bought it, but it appears to have fallen off at some point. If you have multiple Morphe palettes, the lack of labeling could make it kind of annoying to find the palette you're looking for. I found a list of the shadows in this palette on Morphe's website, and labeled my palette myself so I can replace the shades as needed. I'm a makeup artist and have already used this palette on a few clients, and I kind of dislike that this has the same look as this Coastal Scents-type mega palettes, but this is within the same price range as those, so I can't complain about that too much.

Overall I am so much more impressed with this palette than I thought I'd be, and I will definitely be looking into getting more Morphe eyeshadows.

For anyone looking to purchase some or all of these eyeshadows individually, they are as follows:

Top row: #4, #54, #6, #76, #64, #14, #75

Second row: #67, #13, #62, #63, #20, #47, #66

Third row: #33, #68, #16, #15, #61, #24, #74

Fourth row: #11, #59, #38, #53, #48, #71, #19

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I may be the only one that didn't like this palette. The quality is just like any chinese palette bought on ebay: pigmented, but very powdery. Same reason I don't like the Lorac Pro Palettes... I will check ebay and see the prices there, because I will resell it, I used it once and hated it. Meh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ah yes, life is good. I've reaped a bountiful harvest, the good Lord has blessed, for my queen Jaclyn Hill has come out with a $28 palette.

Hallelujah.

Even if you don't know who Jaclyn Hill is, this palette will still be extremely useful in your collection. It contains every basic shade you need, along with some awesome pops of color.

I received this palette as a gift from my dear boyfriend, you can read all about it here if you're interested in dumb love stuff --> http://www.makeupalley.com/m_178232402

As soon as I heard about this, I knew I HAD to have it. I wanted to try morphe's eyeshadows, and this palette was an opportunity to get 28 of them for $1 a piece! Pretty good deal if you ask me.

The pigmentation is great, definitely just as good as my MUG, MAC, and Lorac shadows. I honestly didn't think it could get any better than MUG, but at $2 for singles, I think these beat them out. They blend easily, and last a long time, these are my basic needs for eyeshadow, so consider me a happy camper.

The one big complain I hear from people is the lack of a matte/satin cream shade, and a matte black. Now while I too, wish there were a black and cream in this palette, I understand that they probably arent included because jaclyn only included her FAVORITES, that's like, the whole idea. So if she didn't like the blacks and creams that Morphe has to offer, she wouldn't put them in there. I get you, Jaclyn, I get you.

Overall, if you can get your hands on this, get it. But don't pay over $60 for this on ebay, since the singles are $2!! If you can't find one for less than $60, just buy the individuals from their site. The lovely reviewer below me has included shadow numbers if you're interested.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the popular Morphe 28 pan eyeshadow palette which the shades were picked out by the YT makeup guru Jaclyn Hill (hence the name). Each shadow comes out to be just a dollar which is a phenomenal value! I think they are normally $2 ea. This is my very first order from Morphe. This palette sold out very, very quickly but they restocked it a 2nd time which is how I got it but it also sold out on the 2nd time in literally like less than 72 hours! Morphe was taking pre-sale orders on it but it was shipped in a very prompt fashion althou the website was giving ppl errors (luckily not me!) like charging the credit cards 2-3x & giving an error then Morphe allegedly not answering their chat & I tried to phone in a question I had, but then I saw that they weren't answering the phone nor emails took forever to correspond w them as I had a Q so not real impressed unfortunately w the customer service... But the shadows are awesome! The best palette I own now. So many shades are unique to my collection (I normally buy neutrals like all those UD Nakeds types of colors!), sunset peach, vivid blazing oranges, jewel toned purples & burgundy & even a pine evergreen thrown in. I wish she had included a black or a true white but I also understand that black or white arent really unique so she wanted to go do all of her FAVES u can get black any old time but the rest of these colors are not easily duped. These shadows are like butter! And they wear incredibly no creasing nor fading (i use DS primers). Truly beautiful & a gr8 value. So sad that it sold out but for the individuals who did not get it u can buy the singles. I consider this to be a very high quality palette that would flatter any skin tone. This palette is the best makeup item I have bought in forever, it makes me so happy!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This palette is nice as a gift to a YouTube lover or a fan of Jaclyn, but the eyeshadow quality is pretty meh in my opinion.
The tones are quite pretty and you can create a lot of looks, but there's a lot of mattes in there that are quite chalky and unpigmented. I also found the two duochromatic shades to be total
duds, which sucks because those are what made the palette stand out. I think you can only buy this at the morphe store so maybe you don't even have this on your radar, but if by chance you do I would recommend the Zoeva warm spectrum or cocoa blend palette instead.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got into the hype of this palette and I payed the price. Morphe brushes are awesome, their makeup is terrible.

on 6/15/2015 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this pallet the second time they released it. The shadows are very good quality for the price, but the packaging is horrible and very cheap. For the price of this pallet i can't really expect quality packaging as well. The plastic feels very cheap and delicate, especially the inside the plastic around the shadows.. it doesn't even feel like plastic, its very very very veeeryy thin plastic, very delicate and easy to break or even like tear ..
But most of the shadows are very creamy and easy to blend. Good product but wouldn't get it again if it ever re-launched (this was a limited edition pallet)

on 8/24/2017 10:45:00 PM

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!! My package never arrived and I have been calling for weeks. Each person says they will do something and I'll have to wait a few weeks and then I call back and they did NOTHING and they tell me I have to wait another couple weeks before they will reship the product. I have been calling customer service for 5 weeks and they just told me now I'll have to wait another 2 weeks. CANCELLED. Not worth this stress.

Eu gostei muito, é muito pigmentada e as cores super usáveis.

on 1/2/2016 3:24:00 PM

Very beautiful colors and blendable.