NYX Professional Makeup Wonder Stick

NYX Professional Makeup Wonder Stick
NYX Wonder Stick swatches

2.8

I bought this product in light to try contouring. Previously I had only used powder products to contour and didn’t have great results. I really enjoy this product, it blends out so well with a dense buffing brush. It is the only thing that I can easily use to contour my nose. Other contouring products can look ruddy or dirty on pale skin, but I don’t find that with this product. I use it on special occasions when I want to spend a little extra time on my makeup, and find I get a lot of complements when I use this to contour. Overall I think this product delivers!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love the contour side! I use the universal shade and the colour is perfect for me (not too orange or muddy). The highlighting side, however, is trash. I don’t use it at all which may seem like a waste of money and product but I just love the contouring side that much. I will repurchase this when the contour side runs out.

I picked this up in place of my clinqiue chubby stick and it is just an OK product, the contour is nice, it blends easy and applies nicely but the highlight is very thick, hard to blend and very very light! if the contour came on its own I probably would repurchase for the price but the highlight is not worth it at all! The good thing about this is there is a wide colour range!

I really like the idea of this product and really wanted it to work for me. I bought the universal stick as my shade was out of stock.

This product was horrible on my skin. I put a base layer of foundation on as normal at first and then applied both the highlight and contour. This was the worst idea as all it did was leave big lines on my makeup from where I had swiped in on my skin.

Then I tried it again by applying it with my foundation, blending it in like doing a full face contour. This did not work either, it still left big white lines on my face from where I had swiped the product on my face.

So disappointed that this product did not work for me :(

on 6/22/2017 5:09:00 AM

I purchased the universal one. The other product available was in medium, of which the highlight seemed a bit too pink for my light east-asian skin. (The pink didn't look weird, it may suit someone with a cooler skin tone.) I love the packaging because honestly, I hate the way my Anastasia cream palettes get mucky from all that tapping and dabbing. A stick is way less messy, and so far this product's texture is great, easy to blend with fingers and melts seamlessly without much effort. I didn't need five different shades of depth - I just wanted something to make my face less flat quickly. If I wanted something super sculpting then I'll use my Anastasia, but it's really not practical for travel, or everyday for that matter. The highlight is basically just transparent shimmer and I just wipe it lightly straight down my nose or above my cheekbones sparingly. Very good, I might buy the light one or even the darker shades since the stick is so practical. But, I discovered that wearing very dark contour in a rush can make you look dirty/sickly. So a medium shade is actually perfect for a natural contour look. It prevents my face from looking pale/flat white all over after applying sunscreen.

contour shades a little too warm for my skin, and the light shade just isn't a nice hilight in my opinion. It's a decent product, but not my favourite. Not really long wearing.

on 2/20/2017 7:56:00 AM

I bought the medium tone stick because the light one was sold out. Later I learnt that the universal one had some shine in the highlighter part so I would probably buy the universal shade the next time.

The tones themselves are fine although I was afraid that the contour would be too dark for my skin. Blending is one hell of a job, I feel like the contour doesn't blend enough unless I almost rub it with my beautyblender. The highlighter part blends in better in my opinion. It can also be used as concealer.

I'm very surprised by the negative reviews here. I purchased this in the shade light, as i'm very fair skinned and all the others looked too warm for my skin. Despite what the reviews say, I find that the colour payoff is actually quite good (I can overdo it easily if i'm not careful), and it blends very well without wiping right off (I use fingers). It also doesn't melt off my face throughout the day, although it would definitely wipe off easily if you were to wipe your face.This is the most natural looking contour (both in terms of colour and consistency) i've tried so far.

That all being said, the highlight colour is pretty useless and i'll probably just end up throwing that part out. :/

on 12/10/2016 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Just good for quick touch ups around the nose if contour fades. I just keep it in my purse for emergencies.

on 1/13/2017 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I use the shade 'light' in this range, so I will be reviewing the 'light' wonder stick.

I love the contour side of this product for light skin tones, like mine. It comes off with more of a grey undertone, but not so grey you look ashy. It's very natural looking on the skin and blends beautifully. It lasts all day (with the help of a setting spray of course).

It doesn't break up my foundation and glides effortlessly over the skin. It is super easy to apply. The stick like shape of the contour stick makes it super easy to define my cheek bones and hide my double chins. It's just like playing with a crayon on your face. It is a really amazing cream contour.

The highlight side of the stick is why I gave the product 4 lipsticks. It does have a creamy and smooth formula like the contour side, however this does not highlight. Might be good to use as a base for super powdery highlighters to hold them in place, but on it's own it does very little in the way of highlighting.

If nyx were to release just the contour side of the stick, I would buy out the entire shelf from my local drugstore. As for the highlight, I'll stick with something else.

Video Reviews & Tutorials