NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not as patchy and streaky as Transylvania but pretty sheer. It is a nice color but not exactly what I would call matte.

on 6/4/2016 2:53:00 AM

One of my favorite lip products! I'm a big fan of Nyx's line of matte lip creams and this one is my favorite shade. Great to apply and lasts very well. Went to the gym straight from the my office job and it didn't budge! Just a bit drying though, so make sure you exfoliate and apply lip balm before use.

on 1/18/2016 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a very beautiful, nice, burgundy wine color.

The formula on this is very soft and not very drying at all. The only issue I have is that it does fade (on my bottom lip) and it isn't opaque enough to completely color both of my duo toned lips. The staying power of this is questionable.

on 2/6/2016 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I avoided this shade because I feared it would go on patchy like the darkest shade, Transylvania. But it doesn't. It applies beautifully and has the same perfect texture and coverage as the lighter shades. It is a stunning burgundy wine shade. Because it's such a dark red, the edges are more noticeable if they're not perfectly applied so I outlined it with a similar shade lip pencil to achieve a perfect line. It's lasting, it's beautiful, it stays soft on the lips even when it dries. Of course such a perfect product will be deleted - the new formulas are already replacing these in stores - so I am stocking up. I noticed that my older ones are not dried up at all. But they are tiny tubes and will not last forever. So it's back to the store to get more of them for the future.

PS I did some research. These are not being discontinued. There are 22 existing shades you can still get online from NYX. I have 12 of them because my stores never carried some of them. There are 12 new shades that I am very eager to try when they come to my stores:

Berlin
Moscow
Rome
Manila
Dubai

Update June 16/17: I don't use any of the lip creams anymore. I find it a hassle to put on and they turn bitter after a few months so really they are short lived and disposable. I bought too many over the last few years and they go bad before you can use them up. Waste of money whereas a normal Revlon lipstick can last years without ever going bad.

on 1/13/2016 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok I have mixed feelings on this one only because of the formula, I have tried multiple and I just think the actual formula is lacking. For the price? Hell ya stellar lippy but that's why I removed a star. The color?! TO DIE FOR really fabulous! So between value and color totally 4 stars it Goes on smooth but doesn't last long! Nice medium matte look I DO recommend! Can't wait to try a nude!

I love the soft matte lip creams. They dry nice and don't budge although there may be a little bit of transfer depending on what you do. This one is just one of my favourite colours. Its the perfect dark red burgundy and can be made lighter or darker if you put a lip colour under it first. The packaging is nice but fragile. The price was decent but it would be nice if it were a couple dollars cheaper. It smells just like vanilla cake as the others do and overall i think its a great product!

on 1/6/2016 2:49:00 PM

First of all I do not really wear a lot of lipstick although I love the look once on but this lip cream is fantastic.

The lip cream comes in a small tube but does contain an applicator which really helps with applying round the edges of the lips.

The colour is absolutely gorgeous. I have been looking for a dark burgundy colour for ages and kept looking at Copenhagen. I was really sceptical about it being matte and drying out the lips but this isn't the case at all. All I did was apply a hydrating lip cream approx 10 mins before and then applied the product and my lips felt hydrated all night.

The lip creme lasts all night so I did not really have to do any touch ups even when eating and drinking.

If you are looking for a dark burgundy colour I would highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Holy grail. I use this with mac matte sin and it's literally bae. Fave lip color.

I have a million of these lip creams and I love them. The colors are great, pigmentation is flawless, application is great.
This Copenhagen one is probably my least favorite though. The color is an absolutely beautiful dark cranberry which is perfect for fall. So I had high hopes for it. But I feel like this one was actually way more slippery than any of the other colors I've tried. It went on almost like liquid. It was the weirdest thing. And it didn't apply evenly at all. It was so patchy and uneven. I had to put clear lip balm on top and that helped it a little bit.
Staying power was good and like I said, the color is so beautiful. The formula on this one was just a little disappointing to me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The texture is way more slippery than I had expected, but it lasted much longer than other lipsticks. It was a bit difficult to apply. I had to paint it on a bit at a time, and use as little as possible, in order to keep it from looking patchy. The color is beautiful though. It's not an exact duplicate or anything, but it does look a little bit like NARS Scarlett Empress.

Popular Lips Products