Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Anti-Acne Salicyclic Acid Acne Treatment

3.8

Aqua / Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicylic Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum / Fragrance, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol , Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Limonene, Dipropylene Glycol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral.

on 5/9/2017 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I tried a sample of this and at first my impression was that I loved it. The color was nice, it evened out my skin tone, minimized my pores, but then as the day went on, my face became itchy, and irritated. Glad it was just a sample!

on 7/16/2016 2:19:00 PM

I found Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector on clearance at a grocery store of all places — buying skincare products at a grocery store is a first for me — and decided to give it a try because the manufacturer of my go-to Salicylic acid blemish treatment facial wash has discontinued their product. When I saw this product, it occurred to me that I might try incorporating this anti-acne ingredient into my makeup routine vs. the facial washes given that the only readily alternative, Neutrogena's facial wash containing the same strength Salicylic acid, for some reason doesn't work for me.

I bought the shade "light/medium", which I would say skews more toward the medium side (definitely has more of a golden color vs. a pink undertone). It's a good shade for summer but I'm not sure if I could pull this off in the winter (my skin runs a bit fairer then). I like that the coverage is decent and it doesn't feel heavy, either. It doesn't have a lot of silicone (slip feeling) to it, which makes it slightly more difficult to spread but nothing insurmountable. It's also slightly drying, which can probably be expected from a formula aimed at acne suffers. On its own, it emphasizes lines, enlarged pores and dry areas of the skin but when applied over an SPF it doesn't feel quite so drying. I do like the way this BB cream helps minimize the way SPF can contribute to an oily skin appearance.

At first I didn't like this BB cream because on its own it makes my skin look too dry. However, as the day goes on this product just gets better in the sense that it doesn't melt away to the degree silicone-heavy products do. I feel this BB cream is best suited for those who have truly oily skin vs. combo skin. It's also a good BB cream for the hotter, summer months. That being said, with 2% Salicylic acid it's not going to be for everyone. The Salicylic acid is at the upper limit of what can be sold in the U.S. over the counter. So my only caution would be if you don't already use products containing this ingredient, start with a lower strength one and make sure it doesn't cause skin irritation. Salicylic acid is an exfoliant so it's also necessary to exercise caution if you use Retin-A or Glycolic acid skincare products because the combination may be too harsh. (Regardless, users of this product will probably want to apply something gentler near the eyes.) Like a lot of Garnier products I find the fragrance to be a bit on the strong side but it's not so overpowering as to be a deal breaker. I'm deducting one star mainly because I find it necessary to layer products in order to avoid the appearance of dehydrated skin. I would probably repurchase this product, at least until I can find a suitable replacement for my HG St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Gel Cleanser.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because I needed something lighter than a foundation for my more casual days, or at least something I could mix with it, and I tend to get hormonal breakouts. I have only ever tried BB cream by Maybelline, which I did like but it left me a little oily and I suspected made me break out. I got this Garnier BB cream in the medium/dark and so far haven't had any problems with it breaking me out which is awesome, and I love that it has salicylic acid for when my skin is acting up. I actually mix this with a liquid foundation to get the consistency I want for every day use and it works pretty well for that, not to mention mixing it gives me more of a shade I want. I don't think this is supposed to be a heavy coverage BB cream on its own, I don't know how much coverage any of them give, but if it had just a tad more it would be perfect. I would also like to try the lighter shade to see if it might work better with my skin tone during non-summer months. I would give it 5 stars since it's a nice, easy product that doesn't break me out, but I think it might make me a little too dewy and oily by itself so I would need to use it with a setting powder or mix it with a more matte foundation and I do need to try a lighter shade. But I do like mixing it with a foundation and using it that way.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has become my go to bb cream. Especially when I have flare ups I do notice a difference and see them clear up as soon as I start using this bb cream. On a more regular basis I tend to use my femme couture full coverage makeup or my Tarte Amazonian clay powder foundation but when its around that time of the month and my skin gets hormonal I switch to this trusty bb cream and use my physicians formula spf 30 airbrush powder foundation over it. Worn alone I'd say the coverage can go from sheer to light but I find that when used with a foundation powder on top it gives just the right amount of fuller coverage without it being too cakey and is still very breathable. I love multitasking products and this bb cream has got to be one of the products at the top of my list. It's a moisturizer, a makeup, and has salicylic acid to fight pimples and keeps my oil at bay as well and not to mention I liked the scent as well. It wasn't overpowering but it lightly smelled of fresh cucumbers which I also really liked all for an affordable price tag as well so that did it for me. Before I bought this bb cream I was using the aveeno complexion clearing bb cream which I found to be too greasy. Then I used the physicians formula organic bb cream which I liked as well but when I had an acne flare up I wanted something a little more potent to help me fight acne and I found that this one did the job. So overall If you are looking for a bb cream or tinted moisturizer with light coverage that has acne fighting ingredients I would definitely recommend that you give garnier a try

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Skin: decent, breaks out during menstrual cycle or stress (or wine); living in Miami so the humidity can get you here.
I tried the first Garnier BB cream, ... I broke out.
I should've known better but gave this one a try when I saw it on shelves. I thought "with salicylic acid, how can I go wrong?"
WRONG, I broke out. Or it's the only explanation because it's the only change I had and like they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it..... I'm a sucker for trying new products but this has really broken me out.
I won't be finishing nor repurchasing

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm having acne recently. But I don't like to use foundation every day. I'm using this BB cream for last 15 days. This has salicylic acid. This one along with clinique clarifying lotion is helping me in clearing out the acne. What I like about this BB cream is, it stays nicely for really long time (about 6-7 hours). When I return from work about 8-9 hours later of applying it, still my face is not that oily. I'll definitely repurchase it.

I used the original of this BB cream before they came out with the anti-acne formulation. This works the same for me but I hate that it doesn't have sunscreen!! My skin tends to breakout with some sunscreens so I liked that the original one has sunscreen in it. I would rather use a treatment product separately than a sunscreen separately so I will go back to the original. This was also not as watery as the original.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE THIS!

I have very oily t-zone and I can even put this on and not put powder afterwards and it lats a long time without shining.

It gives pretty good coverage for a bb cream but if you put just a little bit it gives you the most natural finish and you legit just look like are healthy because you can't see it sitting on the skin!

I will repurchase for sure!

Rgarding acne, I don't really know if it helps to get rid of it. I used treatment that my dermatologist gave me to get rid of all my acne but it definitely does not break me out. I use it every single day!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The other bb cream (combination/oily shine control) broke me out, and the light/dark shade was wayyy to dark for me.

This bb cream does not break me out, and the light/medium shade is a better match. So far no break outs, but I'll update and lower from four to a three if it does give me acne.

I like that this has a natural finish. Great low key makeup for school.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had really high hopes for this product but I'm disappointed with it.I have been using it for almost 2months now and it has not helped with my acne.In fact I have broken out more and my skin is both oily and dry.The coverage is pretty good considering it is a BB cream and it is buildable.I wish there were more shades because I'm usually a beige color and light/medium is a little bit too light,but i can get away with it.The smell isn't bad at all,smells kinda fresh.Smooth texture but it does get caught on my dry patches.It leaves my skin with a dewy satin finish,but I always set it with translucent powder and I don't get very oily throughout the day.The product does stay on all day for me.