Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra Dry Skin

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra Dry Skin
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel CreamHydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra Dry Skin

3.0

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Olivate, Polyacrylamide, Sorbitan Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Beeswax, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Laureth-7, Carbomer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide.

I bought this moisturiser as I have dehydrated skin, and I liked the fact it contained Hyaluronic Acid! My skin doesn’t react well with creams etc as they don’t seem to absorb into my skin properly, this moisturiser absorbs extremely well and leaves a complete matte finish. I was liking this moisturiser at first but I started to get pimples in random places on my face, which is uncommon for me! Unfortunately I had to discountinue use because of this. I wouldn’t repurchase.

What is up with this moisturizer? Not only should it not be called a moisturizer, I have no idea why it has an "extra dry skin" label on it--it barely moisturizes. First of all, this product comes in a heavy jar--not convenient, and not very sanitary. The texture is kind of like mayonnaise, but it has a synthetic floral smell (what are they trying to cover up??). This product does sink into the skin quickly, but a few minutes after putting on the lotion, it feels like you didn't put anything on--skin is still dry and flaky, and the redness & itchiness I'm trying to combat from winter weather here were still in full effect. Also, despite the product leaving a dry touch to my skin, as soon as your face gets moist from say, sweat at the gym or a rainy day, the layer of gel is activated and becomes sticky and slimy until it dries again. This product also makes my eyes burn (even though I didn't put it close to my eyes), seemed to cause redness where I used it, and gave me some pimples. Alas, my search for a moisturizer for sensitive, combo skin continues.

on 12/12/2018 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Cheap garbage full of cheap dimethicone. Covering your face in silicone does not hydrate it, it just makes it feel smooth. Dried the hell out of my skin. I wish I could give this zero stars.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For me this isn't moisturizing at all, infact I find it strangely drying on my skin, even when topped with an occlusive. I also notice my skin looking significantly more irritated and red whenever I use it. I like the fact it's fragrance free and sinks in straight away, but it is worse than useless for me I'm afraid.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best hydration at a drugstore price

on 11/11/2018 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think of this as "underwear" for other products (including other moisturizers when my skin needs them), because this is only slightly moisturizing and better for refreshing and prepping the skin. The silicone content makes it a great makeup primer. I LOVE that it's fragrance free - fragrance in cosmetics is a known skin irritant, plus it can give me headaches. (I wish the other Hydro Boost products were fragrance free! Anyone at Neutrogena listening?). I don't love the jar packaging. Overall, it's one of my favourite skin primers/light moisturizers and I found it to be much better, and cheaper, than Vichy's Mineral 89.

on 10/9/2018 12:59:00 PM

I normally use this in the morning nd my sister and I used to really like this moisturizer but recently it's been giving us both little bumps on our faces. They're not necessarily whiteheads, blackheads or acne just little bumps. Maybe they changed the formula?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wouldn't recommend this moisturizer for very dry skin, I would only recommend it for normal to slightly dry skin. For my normal, sometimes dry skin, it moisturizes pretty well and doesn't leave grease on my face. I've bought this twice already! The price is expensive considering it's neutrogena and doesn't have special ingredients other than hyaluronic acid.

on 7/31/2018 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product turned on me! I used this for at least two years as my primary facial moisturizer. Then I started getting flaky dry patches on my chin, around my lips, and lower cheeks. So of course, I used MORE moisturizer. The problem got worse until I finally thought about the Neutrogena possibly being the culprit. I switched to another brand (Vichy) and my skin cleared up immediately. I recently saw the half used tub of Neutrogena sitting there and thought I'd give it another try, just to use it up, especially now that my skin is fine. Well ONE DAY of use and the very next day, the flaky patches are recurring! I have learned my lesson and will toss the rest.

I wanted to like this and i dont actually think Im all that picky, but this sucks. It has quite a bit of silicone.. silicone does not do much for actual hydration, just smooths the surface. Spend the extra bucks and try a real water cream like laneige.