Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra Dry Skin

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra Dry Skin
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel CreamHydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra Dry Skin

3.4

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Olivate, Polyacrylamide, Sorbitan Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Beeswax, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Laureth-7, Carbomer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide.

on 9/25/2017 11:16:00 PM

I think it is good

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Really wanted to like this because it's gel so would be lighter for the summer months and NYC humidity but it just doesn't moisturize and it stings. I have very dry/sensitive skin and upon initial application, feels very cooling and moisturizing but absorbs very quickly leaving my skin tighter and drier. I also noticed it made my skin redder (it was the only new product I was using for a few days). Needless to say, will not repurchase.

on 7/15/2017 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Not a fan of this product. Not terribly moisturizing and stings my eyes like crazy if it manages to get anywhere near them.

Instead, I discovered TriDerma's Eczema Fast Healing cream and apply it to dry patches. Works like a charm, at a lower price.

on 6/26/2017 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have extremely dry skin, which is also sensitive and acne prone. So I struggle to find products that moisturize me without aggravating my skin.

This moisturizer is not moisturizing enough for me, as I still see flakes of dry skin, BUT it is the best moisturizer I have found so far. I am still on my hunt for something even more moisturizing that works for me, but for now, I am enjoying this.

I love that it is fragrance free, but wish it came in a tube, instead of a jar.

I was looking for a new moisturizer, and saw the commercial with Kristen Bell, who is just cute as a button, and thought, hmmm, maybe I'll give that a try. Went to the store and paid $19 for a jar. It's a pretty blue jar and the gel looks pretty inside. I apply the gel and it feels good going on, so silky and smooth. And then it dries. And it dries my face and my face feels like it is being pulled. I will finish the jar, because of the $19 investment, but I won't buy again. Off to find my next moisturizer, only this time I won't let myself get swayed by another commercial.

on 3/23/2017 8:45:00 PM

The gel is very cooling and soothing going on, but I don't find it to be very moisturizing at all. It's probably less hydrating than any other moisturizer I have ever tried, including the old fashioned Oil of Olay. It has a floral scent to it, but that dissipates in a minute or two. It might be better if marketed to normal or combo skin rather than to those with extra dry skin.
I love the turquoise jar. When this is done I will probably put another product into it just because I like a collection of turquoise containers right now.

on 1/20/2017 9:51:00 PM

I got a sample of the Philosophy "Take A Deep Breath" oxygenating gel cream and loved the texture but could never come to grips with paying $40 for a small jar. Enter Neutrogena Hydroboost. This has a very similar texture to the Philosophy but NO fragrance, which I love. My skin is mostly dry with an oily chin. I'd say this is calming and hydrating, but it is not very rich. I don't know why they are marketing this for "extra-dry skin." Like another reviewer stated, I think the reviews of this product would be higher if it was marketed to combo skin. In any event, I really like the soft natural finish which is perfect under makeup. When using it at night, I wake up with soft skin and no flakiness. For once, my skin feels nice and balanced. Not too dry, not too oily. Just wish it came in a pump. I hate jar packing. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 1/21/2017 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Underwhelming. It feels nice going on but doesn't moisturize very well. I don't even need much due to my oily skin, but this provided very little moisture to my drier areas. It's not the terrible but certainly not worth the money.

on 8/28/2016 12:17:00 PM

Haven't written a review of a product in a while but I just finished a jar of the Neutrogena Hydro Boost for extra dry skin and I have to say that I am impressed. I will be buying another jar of this and I rarely repeat (not very loyal to skin care, I am afraid!). This gel like cream is surprisingly good for a drug store item. I have very dry skin and I find that it hydrates very well - I use it every morning before make up application and sometimes at night. Leaves my skin soft and I think over time has made a difference to the look of my complexion. Give it a try - much less $$ than what I can often buy in Sephora or Ulta!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product saved my face from an overly dried, scaling abd aging look due to Benzoyl Peroxide and Retina A for adult acne.

Used with its companion serum, face wash and eye gel and gentle exfoliation...it took only one use to to see a marked 50% improvement...after three days doing the regimen twice daily I'm almost back to a youthful late twenties glow with minimal making while just a few weeks ago turning 41!

So with those results....I'll take it!