Conair Infiniti Pro Secret Curl Hot Rollers

1.0

1 review

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was so excited to get these as I've been wanting them for awhile and have seen so many positive video reviews and tutorials, and the curls looked so gorgeous. I purchased these from Target for $59.99. Unfortunately, these didn't work for my hair. Granted, my hair is pretty thick and straight and takes pretty high heat to curl.

You wouldn't think that 12 rollers wouldn't be enough for your whole head, but if you consider the fact each curler should only have a 1" section of hair, you'll find you run out of curlers QUICK. If these had any chance working for me, and to be set 1" at a time, I'd need at LEAST double that to set all my hair. Alas, all I had was what came with the set and since I was getting ready for my sister in-laws baby shower, I ended up having to redo my whole head so that all of my hair could be set. Because of this, these curlers were nowhere near hot enough to accomodate the thicker sections. If you're curling 1" sections, sure, but if you have hard to curl or thick hair, you're not going to get amazing results.

Secondly, it's incredibly difficult to tell the small curlers from the large just by sight, which makes ease of use difficult while you're setting your hair. Couldn't they have made them different colors?! Large could be fuscia and small could be purple. Who designed these?! Also, the rubber part that "snaps" shut on your hair is also easily snapped closed in the device. They won't heat properly this way, and you can't tell from the front if they've snapped shut. Again, creating frustration.

After an hour and a half in my hair, my hair was barely wavy when I took them out, and I do mean barely. I wasn't expecting Shirley Temple curls once I realized my sections just had to be bigger, but I was expecting at least a LOOSE curl. Nope, It hardly looked any different than it did before I set my hair. Needless to say I was really disappointed and upset, especially since I didn't have time to redo my hair before I had to leave. My hair now looks as though I haven't done a thing to it. No wonder they call it Secret Curl.

I'm sure these work great for people with relatively thin hair, but honestly? the thought of buying extra curlers for these to stick in slots as they become available as I'm setting does not really appeal to me, especially storage wise. It kind of defeats the purpose imo. I'd prefer to buy a set that has enough curlers and enough spots to curl all of my hair effectively. Not to mention that even if I bought extra curlers, it would take WAY too long to set my hair 1" at a time.

On to the next...