L'Oreal Gel Intenza Eyeliner 01 Pure Black

No Image

4.6

on 11/8/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

my skin is oily in the eye area, and this eyeliner claim smudges proof but it doesn't.
although it is creamy, waterproof and easy to apply but i really don't like the smudges that appear in my under eye area. I apply at 7am and it started to smudge around 9-10 am
Fyi i only use in my upper line eyes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

My my, I'm impressed with this stuff! I like my gel liners, and have been looking for a new black gel liner since my Maybelline one dried out and got difficult to apply and smudge-y. I was looking for a cheaper brand than MAC and Bobbi Brown, of which I own gel liners in different colors. I saw this one on sale for 9 Euros and decided to give it a try based on the good reviews I'd read here.

I'd say this L'Oreal liner is on par with Macs fluid line. It's very easy to use. It glides on smoothly and is almost opaque (I need two layers to get a really dense pay off). I haven't worn it for very long yet, but it seems to smudge less than MAC fluid line. A big plus is that it doesn't seem to transfer to my bottom lash line when applied to my upper lash line.

The packaging is elegant, and the brush it comes with is not half bad, although I prefer very fine liner brushes, as I like my eyeliner razor thin. A very nice touch is that the brush comes with a little cap, which makes it excellent for traveling.

I have good hope that this liner will not transfer to my brow bone during the day (a problem I have with most liners, even if I use primer, eye shadow and what not). If this wears as well as it applies, and we'll have a winner!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This stuff is fantastic! The brush that comes along with it is *actually* decent (yassss!) and you don't need to keep on reloading the brush with more and more product - just a swipe in the pot and you'll be able to line your whole eye with a good, solid black. While I do find it does eventually smudge if you try to tightline with it (in my experience, about 5-6 hours. so still reasonable), a layer of black shadow over the top of it will help to keep it staying put for longer.

P.S. I think it may have undergone a repackaging as my local store had the old 24 hour stuff at the front of the display with newer 36 hour wear ones with the same branding right behind them. I got the newer one, L'Oreal Gel Intenza 36H Eyeliner in 01 Profound Black, which I am fairly sure is the same. Or perhaps its just named differently in Australia. Who knows?

on 11/23/2015 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm trying to think of at least one downside of this eyeliner and I can't. I recently repurchased it for the third or fourth time, this is how happy I am with it.
The brush is easy to use even if you're a beginner, the color is very dark and deep black and, which is the most important, once applied it stays in place all day, and that means a lot from a girl with very oily eyelids like myself. Also, it takes pretty long before the product in the jar gets dry so you get to use it for a really long time.
I guess it's a little more on the expensive side for a drugstore eyeliner but it's definitely worth the money.

on 11/23/2015 3:52:00 AM

i'm not expert at applying eyeliner or makeup for that matter, but this is amazing! i've ALWAYS wanted to attempt the catwing eye but have never had much luck -i've used pencils but they always needa be sharp so that never worked, and with the pens i could only get one side that i was happy with and could never replicate it on the other side... however with this gel liner i'm confident to walk out the door with what i've done!
i added a picture in the pics section of 10hrs wear, it hasn't faded, smudged or anything. absolutely love this product. before this i was using both Estee Lauder Double Wear pencil as well as L'Oreal Color Riche pencil... both are amazing but i feel i have a lot more control and can be more creative with this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This eyeliner is amazing! I had never used an eyeliner with brush, so the technique was new to me. It is a waterproof eyeliner and it holds really well. It doesn't smudge and applies easily. The brush that comes with it, looks like a lipbrush. It works very well for this eyeliner. The only thing that might be a problem, is that it's not totally black. It's kinda 90% black. I don't mind this, because it gives a natural look. If you are looking for a deep black eyeliner, you should skip this one.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been blown away by this product!

I have droopy, hooded eyes, so doing a cat flick on them is nerve-wrecking to say the least. I have tried normal khol liners, felt-tip liners, liquid liners, but nothing seemed to work for me.

Until I have found this baby! I can easily do a cat flick with this one, it's an intense black, very very easy to work with, once I apply it in the morning it stays put until I take it off in the evening. Because I have hooded eyes, everything tends to smudge (especially eyeliner) but this one just doesn't go anywhere. I normally use primer+eyeshadow with it, but if I don't have the time or I just want a more natural look, I just apply some primer under it, and the eyeliner still doesn't smudge.

It's not super cheap (it's 14 euros here in NL) but it's certainly worth the money.

So yeah, I recommend this product and I will most deffinitely repurchase it!