3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This is a really beautiful powder foundation. I am using this dry with the sponge provided, I stipple it onto my face and apply a little extra on my nose and chin where my pores look a bit bigger and I have some redness. I find that it never looks cakey and does give me better coverage than other powder foundations I use, this might be due to the texture which is just slightly creamier than a regular powder but certainly not enough so to be considered a cream to powder product. I like the natural looking semi matte finish which works well for my combo skin. The powder itself feels very silky to the touch and I can't feel it on my face at all after applied. I have not had any breakouts from this which I was a bit surprised about since my skin is pretty used to just mineral foundations. I am currently applying this over Becca First Light Primer and am setting it with Maybelline setting spray (likely will not repurchase this spray). I do find this powder expensive and I wish there was at least some SPF in it. knocked it down half a point for that. 4.5/5 Would repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2 years ago

I love this powder, it applies well and feels very smooth once set. It suits my skin tone very well, as I have tanned Asian type skin. I have tried other foundation-type powders before such as MAC Studiofix, Dior and Clinique powders, but this is far superior.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

This product is now discontinued. I've only tried one other powder foundation besides this one: the bareMinerals original mineral foundation. I dislike the soreness I develop in my arms when I try to get even a medium coverage with that one, so I thought I'd try a compact powder foundation. The compact comes with an application sponge, which I use to pat on the foundation after using my usual primers (Skindinavia Oil Control Primer Spray and UD Optical Illusion primer), then buff it with a brush for a better finish. If there are any areas I feel need more coverage, I'll pat on more. This foundation can also be applied wet; I use a dampened blending sponge (RT or another BB knockoff), let it set, then buff. When I apply with a brush, I find it kicks up a lot of powder and I hate wasting a product this expensive so I always use the sponge. I feel it has a coverage that starts towards the lighter end and can be built up to medium. I set it with powder (probably unnecessary, but habits are habits) and Skindinavia Oil Control setting spray. This does oxidize somewhat on my skin, so I avoid using bronzers along my jawline when I wear it. I can layer other powder face products easily over it. All in all, it's a good product. My only real complaints about it are that it is expensive and you don't get a lot of product for the price. If this was my daily go-to foundation, I'd have used it up in less than a month--especially if I were applying it with a brush. I'm currently on the lookout for a less expensive dupe, because I've only owned this item for about six weeks--used maybe once per week--and there's already a quarter-sized space where I've hit pan.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I'm really surprised by all the negative reviews on this. As far as powder foundations go this is one of the best that I've tried. It's light to medium coverage and doesn't look or feel heavy. I use concealer under my eyes and over any blemishes and put this over for a daytime look. It doesn't control oil so I do have to blot but the packaging makes it very convienent for touch ups. I have very textured skin and I don't feel like this enhances it the way liquid foundations can. This lasts me through an 8 hour workday. Applying it with the sponge it comes with gives the best coverage. My only complaint is the light warm shade was too dark for me so I'm going to try the fair neutral color instead. Ulta frequently has this on sale so I always order it then as I wouldn't pay $36 for this. I will continue to repurchase.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

1.0

3 years ago

Oompa Loompa doopedy doo this will turn an ugly orange on you! At least that's what it did to me, I bought it in the shade medium light cool and there's nothing "cool" about it , doesn't cover well or even blend well, overpriced and a waste of money...I love you Urban Decay, but this product is awful, I'll stick to your Naked Basic pallets which are my favorites, this was just a miss for me

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I got this when Ulta had it on sale for $18 and I was looking for a nice tinted powder to give me a little coverage and give me a better option compared to my translucent powder. Unfortunately, this is not what I was looking for. The powder was creamy and not drying, which was great. However, it didn't give any coverage and you could definitely tell I had powder in my skin since it oxidized quite badly on me. It also applied poorly with a brush, but did do well with the sponge included. I managed to wipe it on or press it on with the sponge fine. It did blur pores and gave an airbrushed sort of look to the skin for a little while (few hours max), but didn't cover imperfections and ultimately went patchy when wearing off. It also did cling to dry patches on my nose and between my eyebrows. While I didn't dislike this powder in its qualities, it didn't give me anything I didn't already have in my basic translucent powder I swipe on bare skin for shine control. What was the main factor for the return was the oxidation on skin and how it was obvious with the dry patch clinging and how it faded patchy. If you can find a good shade match, and are willing to reapply as necessary, you might really enjoy this.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Nice packaging, soft matte finish and a perfect shade for me. BUT, This powder offers no coverage at all. Very light. Waste of money for me. I'm returning it.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This is going back to the store. I can't believe all the great reviews on this. This has absolutely no coverage no matter how much I piled on it wouldn't cover anything. It also turned an ugly orange color after a few minutes on my face. Definitely not worth $36. I tried it wet and dry and could not get coverage and my skin is not that bad really just a little redness and some light freckles. The sponge it comes with is a joke. It's like 2 inches wide and not big enough at all for applying all over the face. Spend your hard earned money on something with a lot of pigment in it like Tarte or Lancôme.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

They need to remarket this as a finishing powder. There is no coverage at all. I'm talking extremely sheer. Also, in my experience, it oxidizes...so I was left to the wolves, just me and my orange face. I will say it has beautiful packaging, the texture is very fine and creamy, oil control was decent-ish (highly, highly doubt it will suffice in summer for the oily-skinned such as myself though), and it didn't break me out. I'd advise only buying this if you want a finishing powder over your foundation or you have near-perfect skin, in which case, give me your secrets!

About reviewer (542 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Bought this product having read rave reviews about it. I've been using it for about a week, tried with both dry & wet sponge. Conclusion is that the product gives VERY SHEER coverage (even when used wet & even after applying ten layers over my face). It also gives your face a strange orange hue, which makes it impossible to apply blusher thereafter (unless you wish to look like a tomato). The sponge that came with the set was also way too small. The only plus point is that the powder is very fine & does not cause breakouts. For info, I have oily, sensitive & acne-prone skin.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Other