3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product broke me out horribly & immediately. Big, red, deep pimples appeared right along the lines I was using these contour sticks to make along my cheeks, temples, and chin. I am still dealing with the acne these contour sticks caused, if you have sensitive skin please STAY AWAY from these.

on 1/2/2018 10:54:00 AM

I really love these. They're super blendable and in some ways, easier to use than a powder contour. The shades look really natural and the contour shade creates very natural looking shadows. The only problem is not being able to purchase them separately, as I use the contour stick much more than the others. And they're also not cheap. A bit overpriced, in my opinion. Other than those two issues, they're the only cream contour products that I actually like.

on 2/28/2017 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These are nice however not worth the price. It's just an extra step in my makeup routine that is pretty unneccessary.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product! They are super creamy and blendable and looks so natural! It comes with three sticks - highlight, contour and bronze. The highlight stick is amazing - it does not crease under my eyes and subtly highlights giving you that nice and awake appearance. The contour stick is my favourite - such a good shade and honestly creates such a natural shadow. So much easier to use then a powder contour in my opinion. And the bronze shade - also great. Sometimes i will just use the bronze shade by its self to "naturally" bring colour back into my face. The only thing that I do not like is that you can not buy the sticks separately - I have used so much more of my highlight stick then either the contour and bronze stick, but in order to buy the highlight stick I have to buy all three (which is not cheap)? Also it comes with its own sharpener and the lady at Mecca said that no other sharpener will work for these so its really important that you do not lose it! Other then that I love it, definitely worth the money.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

These sticks are lovely - the shades are excellent and they are easy to blend (especially if you put a decent foundation or primer to even out your skin). They are good for day contouring but I would use liquid foundation for evening contouring look just for a better and more flawless finish. They are quite expensive for a brand like Smashbox - I wouldn't say the quality matches the price plus they get used up pretty quickly which is annoying. For a similar price, you can buy Clinique's twist up contour sticks and quality-wise these are far superior to Smashbox. Also you don't need to buy Clinique's sticks in a set - they are available for purchase individually. So, overall, good product but:

1. I wish they sold the sticks separately

2. Not worth the price

3. Good finish for daytime look

on 2/9/2016 1:20:00 PM

PRos:
-Moisturizing
-Amazing for Skin that craves moisture and is dry
-Looks good as long as you dont overapply which is tricky
-Very blendable

Cons:
-doesnt set,tends to smear around unless set
-takes time to get the hang of it
-probably causes breakouts(Ill update u on that)
-Bad for oily skin

on 8/23/2015 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love the colour on the trio, easy to blend. Very friendly for traveling.
You are paying for what you get.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The sticks are easy to blend and work on my NC30 skin. These are nice for experimenting with contouring for beginners. I like them but I will not buy them again, because they are expensive, they use up fast, and you will hate the sharpening! For the price Smashbox should have made twist up pencils and sell them separate not just in a kit. Because you will use up the highlighter pencil much faster than the other two (contour & bronzer stick).

on 8/14/2015 8:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really do love these, but they're awfully pricey and seem to dwindle down pretty quickly. They blend very easily. I'd really recommend these for beginners. idk if I would buy again just because the product doesn't seem to last very long for the price you pay. when you sharpen them, the sticks shorten dramatically. very good colors though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For those of you who may not know, I am totally obsessed with contouring. Even if I am having a �no make-up, make-up day� or doing a 5-minute make-up routine I still need a touch of contour. Needless to say if there is a new quick way to contour, bronze and highlight I am instantly drawn in�introducing the Smashbox Contour Trio. These are cream based crayons or jumbo pencils in a dark brown with a grey undertone for contour, a brown with an orange undertone to bronze and an ivory nude shade to highlight. They are very creamy so glide on easily and blend really well, I have found cream products last longer anyway and these you can build up for a stronger contour if you wish. They feel very lightweight so I was comfortable using these in 40 degrees heat on holiday (no make-up melting at all!) You can see the full review on my blog http://www.secretstylefile.com/smashbox-contour-sticks-review-%E2%99%A5/

See my YouTube review