Matte Lipstick - Dose of Colors

Matte Lipstick - Dose of Colors

3.8

Isododecane, Synthetic Beeswax, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Octyldodecanol, Cyclopentasiloxane, C18-36 Acid Triglyceridem, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Alcohol denatured, Ethylhexylglycerin. MAY CONTAIN: ± D

on 10/30/2017 9:06:00 AM

I ordered this in the shade Stone on me it’s a MLBB colour. I really like the formula and how it doesn’t dry my lips out. The shade Stone goes very well with my NW20, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. The only issue I find with this and to me it’s not a deal breaker I just wish it dried faster. But once it’s on it lasts through eating and drinking no problem as long as it’s not greasy foods. The price is good and I just love the shade selection. I would definitely buy more of these. Also it’s important to let this dry properly. It doesn’t enhance the texture of my lips and I like the packaging. Very happy with this lippie. :)

on 7/20/2017 5:26:00 PM

Celiacs beware - Satin Lipstick is not gluten free! Dose of Colors has claimed on its website that its products are gluten free. I discovered after using, and getting sick from, the new Satin Lipsticks that those specific lipsticks are not.

on 11/15/2016 7:25:00 PM

The color brick is sooooo beautiful. Love it so much <3

on 10/9/2016 1:37:00 PM

I purchased Merlot and Berry Me and I'm in love with both! I did think that Merlot was a bit of a deeper red but it's not. Merlot applied beautifully and once these dry down you can't feel them at all. I ate a huge burger and expected it to be gone by time I was done and it stayed put awesome. Berry Me seemed to have a little less staying power though. Merlot even stained my lips after I took my makeup off for the day. I felt like they are comparable to a slightly less drying Anastasia liquid lipstick with a bit less staying power.

So in love with the dose of colors matte lipstick. I purchase the color "Stone". Very pigmented and it doesnt make your lips look cracked or dry. Definitely worth the price!

on 6/21/2017 2:15:00 PM

The colors are amazing. the formula is good.
The liquid lipsticks I bought completely dried out in the tube after I used it few times only (10-15 times)
Considering that the price is not cheap 18$ + delivery it was a huge disappointment to me.
even if it cost 3 times less I wouldn't buy it again, I don't want to buy a lipstick that I can only use a few times.

on 7/11/2016 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought Truffle and I love it. This has a thin, almost watery consistency and applies very smoothly and evenly. Its very pigmented so one coat is enough. It dries in about a minute and is matte but not overly matte. The color is a gorgeous nude pink that is great for daily wear and for in the office. I took off one lippie because it's slightly sticky (but nothing unbearable). Would definitely repurchase!

on 7/14/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow! Why didn't I buy these sooner??? I have both Chocolate Wasted and Cork and out of all my liquid lippies, these are probably the best and most comfortable! Goes on smooth, dries completely matte, doesn't streak and stays put even while eating (as long as it's not something extremely greasy) I don't know what they put in this stuff, but other companies need to use it! My only complaint is that it looks like they discontinued a bunch of colors??? I was looking for a red and burgundy color but they don't sell those. Hopefully some new colors will come in soon.

on 10/5/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I prefer to purchase a bunch of colors in one brand, so while I went with Smashbox for a wardrobe of matte liquid lip colors, I could easily have gone with Dose of Colors instead. This formula is not *quite* the fabulosity that Smashbox's whipped texture is... but it's darned good.

The price is very attractive, too!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought 3 of these matte lipsticks after watching Stephanie Nicole's liquid lipstick review series. I have dozens of liquid lipsticks and was THRILLED to have three beautiful shades in my collection: Bare With Me, Stone, & Truffle.

They went on nicely - the fragrance was nice, the color went on pretty pigmented as well. I found Stone to streak a little bit on the bottom lip but other than that I was very pleased! However, I wasn't pleased for long after that.

Once they dried down, they became extremely tacky. They clumped and I had little balls of lipstick stuck to my lips. They felt extremely dry while still being tacky. I honestly thought they reminded me of the ColourPop first launch formula. They didn't layer well and started rubbing off very quickly.

That being said, they did look beautiful from afar and smelled great. I'll give three stars for that, as well as packaging and color. I wouldn't repurchase, unfortunately! My favorite formulas are still Jeffree Star (favorites are Redrum and Celebrity Skin) and Kylie Cosmetics (latest formulation - Ginger, etc.). I just don't think these are worth the money!

Popular Lips Products