Dr. Wu - Intensive Renewal Serum With Mandelic Acid 18%

Dr. Wu - Intensive Renewal Serum With Mandelic Acid 18%

4.8

on 8/24/2017 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Light layer of even peeling, brightening my dull skin.

on 4/13/2017 4:25:00 PM

I was using 10% glycolic acid nightly before this and my skin was looking bad very dry and wrinkled and red vein things showing up, I tried this and it's so good first time my skin felt smooth looked normal again and lightened the discolouration under my eyes, it has taken away all the sun damage except for 2 spots which are fading, it's the best acid I have tried

on 8/24/2016 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a HG skincare product for me. I have repurchased it 4+ times. My skin is very
very dry. Main concerns are dullness, rosacea, and starting signs of aging.

I started using this product maybe 2 - 3 years ago. And I loved it for what it did for my skin and repurchased it a couple of times.

Then, as a skincare junkie, I started trying out other acids and peels, and just forgot about this little gem.

Last year (2015) I became pregnant and had to strip down my skincare to a bare minimum because my routine was full of retinoids and BHAs. After a few months, I was just really unhappy with my skin. I had tiny clogged pores all over my cheeks (due to hormonal changes), and my rosacea was worse than ever.

I remembered how much I liked the Dr. Wu mandalic acid serum, so I bought one (off eBay) in April 2016 (paid ~$25 for 1/2 oz). I use it twice a week at night. After cleansing, I apply 5 - 6 drops all over my face, including under eye areas. Wait 30 mins, then apply my usual toner, serum, moisturizers / facial oils, etc.

Four months later, I'm just about done with the bottle, and I am so happy with my skin right now. It's smooth, clear, and glowing. My redness from rosacea has all but disappeared (I can wear blushes again!). And my skin barely gets the flare up from heat and sun.

Moral of the story: stick with what works with your skin.

on 6/14/2015 9:44:00 AM

I've been using this amazing product over the last 18 months and had repurchased this many times. It's the best product I've experienced over the last few years. In Hong Kong, I could only get 15ml size, it's tiny but does last for 2-3 few months. I came across this product from a Taiwanese beauty blog.

The product comes in a amber glass bottle with a dropper. Texture is a watery clear liquid with a mild scent. It wouldn't say the scent is pleasant or bad. I got used it to and doesn't really bother me.

I have combination skin with occasionally acne, my face does get sensitive on few products. I usually use 4 drops on my face, concentrate on my t-zone and apply remaining on rest of the face. I applied this every night after cleaning my face. I usually leave it on for 20-30 mins before I apply toner, serum and moisturizer. The result is amazing.

First result is no more blackheads or whiteheads, at least very minimum or very easy to extract. Secondly, my face feels so smooth, no more tiny pumps. Thirdly, my pores were cleaner, I wouldn't say it's smaller since we can never reduce the size of the pores but it appears clean and no more congestion. Fourthly, my complexion is brighter, skin tone is more even, acne scar seems lighter, it does have whitening affect. Last but not least is I barely get acne since I've used this product. The important thing is I didn't any reaction.

After trying out Dr Wu, I had brought few similar product from Taiwan like Dr ERH, Dr Heish. Out of all of them, Dr Wu is the best for me. The difference is Dr Wu doesn't dry out my skin or draw away too much moisture so I can use this all year long. Also the other brand makes my skin tone looks dull as it dry out my skin.

This is my staple and always stock up when it's on sale. Just can't live without it and had recommend this product to many friends. Most of them like it except 1 or 2. I highly recommend it.

Mandelic Acid is an AHA peel for hypersensitive skins that don't react well to Glycolic/Lactic Acid. 18% may sound like a lot, but Mandelic Acid has a larger molecule size than Glycolic, which means it'll take longer to penetrate the skin--but the tradeoff is less irritation. Much gentler, and that's why it's considered THE acid for hypersensitive skins. On my delicate skin, it sloughed off dead layers of skin without redness. Just a dropperful applied every other day worked to peel skin so lightly and slowly.

The result? More refined, smoother skin texture and pores, brighter appearance due to exfoliation. The texture is not sticky like many AHAs, very pleasant to use. I love it so much that i bought the larger 30ml size, enough for my decollete and neck! Although glycolic works much faster in a pinch, the side effect is more irritation on my sensitive skin.

Dr. Wu is a well-respected Taiwanese brand known for efficacious levels of active ingredients, and lack of "fluff"; meaning, you'll only see straightforward ingredients of proven actives. You WON'T see "botanical leaf extracts" or "infusions of glacial water", etc... stuff that is low % for marketing purposes. Dr. Wu is transparent about his formulas and his audience is very demanding.

I love that the bottle is glass for the best shelf life and formula potency; the brown tint further protects the formula from light degradation. Other Mandelic Acids come in plastic bottles -- ugh!

Kudos to Dr. Wu and his efficacious Mandelic Acid line.

on 7/11/2016 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

this is a good exfoliator as compared to scrubs which is harsher. it does make skin glowy and brighter, maybe smoother. but don overuse as it can cause peeling. remember to moisturize. packaging is good as it is dark bottle with dropper. price wise is on the high end side. 15ml can last for 2-3 months. i recommend the 6% though as it is troublesome to keep track of the days to use it and not to use it.