Carmex Lip Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Carmex Lip Balm
CarmexLip BalmEnter TitleLip Balm

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been using Burt's bees mint lip balm for the last couple of years and recently, it seemed to have lost its efficacy. My daughter suggested we try Carmex so at a whim, we got one each. I'm pleased to say, it works better at relieving dry cracked lips. I'll be keeping one in my work bag too. It's great for my ultra dry lips.

We all know carmex is the creme de la creme when you have really really chapped lips. If I am going up to the mountains, I make sure to stock up on as much carmex as possible!

It goes on really thick and lasts a long time but keep applying it if you have cracked lips and you will thank yourself later when you avoid nasty ice burn in the snow.

on 12/8/2015 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the single most effective thing I've ever used that isn't Vaseline. I will continue to purchase this. Extremely effective, no frills, affordable product. It actually moisturizes your lips and keeps them moisturized.

Currently on my 2nd tub after asking a friend to hoard for me when she went to the US (sometimes living in my part of Asia sucks and not every drugstore and mall here sells this).

This isn't the type that I put on every hour of the day/as much as possible - I find this one to be the one that does wonders when you put it on before sleep (same as that Shea butter lip balm from The Face Shop - pretty dang good but on the more expensive side for the constantly broke college student) and only when your lips need them the most.

Would definitely hoard-- I mean repurchase again.

on 2/14/2015 10:12:00 PM

BEST LIP BALM EVER!!!! Healed my chapped lips.

on 3/5/2014 5:43:00 PM

20 years ago my lips had an allergic reaction (not sure what caused it) and I got little, super itchy bumps all over my lips that I couldn't even use lip balms. It was winter and my lips were so dry and itchy I didn't know what to do. A couple months later I was telling my coworker what's going on and she told me to get Carmex. It stopped the itching right a way and a week later my lips were healed! I've been using it since. I've tried other lip balms, lip gloss, etc, but I always come back to Carmex. I do prefer the jar packaging more than the tube, but either way, I can honestly say I can't live without Carmex!

Love of my lips <3

I like that this little pot is:
- SO effective. My lips are dry all the time (from the devil named aircon), and I just put on a few thin layers of this product and the next morning, my lips are pretty much healed! In about a week of consistent wear, my lips become super soft.
A couple years ago I traveled to Hongkong during winter, and the wind was really harsh on my lips. They got chapped like never before, and it was really, really painful! Luckily I packed some of these, and it was such a lifesaver. I put thick slabs of these on and in the morning no more pain!

- The smell. It smells a little like medication, which is kind of nice to me. And it also feels a little minty (not sure how to describe it, but it's a little sharp, but the nice kind of sharp?). Pardon my narrative abilities.

- Cheap. It's so damn cheap. And it lasts quite a long time, too.

I don't like that this little pot is:
- Difficult to get in Asia. I ask my relatives to bring me these little babies from the States all year round.

Ever since I wore this product, I actually never considered any other brands (ie I tried other brands but it just didn't feel as good). I wore Burt's Bees and it felt pretty nice, but a little sticky on my lips as compared to Carmex. Most of the other brands can hardly compare. A few thin layers of this product probably has equal effectiveness to thick slabs of other brands (which will be really oily and pretty gross in the morning in my humble opinion. Imagine a thick, drying balm on your lips, half peeling. OK, ew.)

Yeah, I greatly recommend this product to everyone with lip problems. And well, I've bought one pot after another (also tubes when I can't get the pot one)

This thing is greattt!:) This is my go to lip balm for my lips. Unlike other lip balms this really does heal my very dry and chapped lips and make them silky smooth! Also for the price ($1), you just can't beat it!
I got the one that is a squeeze tube. I exfoliate my lips in the shower, apply a thick layer overnight, and I wake up with smooth lips! When it is first applied it is very minty and there is a slight cool feeling. I don't like using this throughout the day since it had a terrible taste and looks really greasy. But still a great product.

on 2/3/2013 9:49:00 PM

This is the best lip balm I have ever used, and I have tried plenty.

on 1/5/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the most amazing lip-balm available on the market! It goes beyond being a cosmetic product, it's actually more of a medicine. It can heal dry, chapped lips in just a few applications and stays on for a long time.

It does not make the lips look dry or white, and it actually gives it a light gloss/shine which some people may enjoy.

I recommend putting it on a few hours before drinking hot drinks though as it will melt into the drink!

Top Rated Lip Treatments