Carmex Lip Balm

CarmexLip BalmEnter TitleLip Balm

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

on 4/13/2017 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Just jumped on the bandwagon for this lipbalm OMGGG where has this been all my life? I HAVE SEVERLY dry lips and nothing ever worked :( BUT THIS IS MY NEW HOLY GRAIL! And the price is amazing! Definitely recommend! :)

on 3/8/2015 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The best for dry, chapped lips. I've tried so many. Dr Hauschka's is very similar, but a lot more expensive. I also don't mind the smell at all, in fact I prefer it over fruity balms, which I can't really deal with. Bottom line, this one really works!

on 1/12/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a no for me. I'm a huge lip balm connoisseur, and even though my heart belongs to Blistex Medex, I can never pass up a deal to try something new. Target had the Carmex jars on sale in a three pack for only $3, so of course I had to wonder if it could replace my Medex.

Absolutely not. This is nothing like Medex.

The texture in the pot is like thick, hard, wax. Even after vigorous swirling, my finger barely came up with any lip balm the product is that hard. It was very hard to get the product to smooth onto my lips.

It is not a glossy/slick/smooth product at all. My lips were a waxy demi-matte once I got enough product out of the jar and onto my face.

I love mentholated balms, and the tingle is one of the reasons I wanted to try this product, but was let down in that aspect as well. The tingle isn't a cold, refreshing one. My lips felt irritated and more like they were burning than being soothed. The "tingle" of this balm feels exactly like Blistex DCT, which I am not a fan of at all.

This also smells very reminiscent of Blistex DCT, but a little more "natural". It doesn't smell good, but I didn't find it foul smelling either.

So, unfortunately I now have three useless pots of Carmex sitting around. The company *does* offer a money back guarantee, which I find very commendable, but I probably won't be bothered mailing out for it since I only spent $3 for 3 jars.

Give it a try. Some people love this stuff. I'll stick to calling Blistex Medex my HG for now.

on 12/16/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this since middle school and i am now a senior in college. This is definitely my HG product. I keep the Jar next to my bed at night, keep one in my car, purse, and i use the squeezy tubes by itself or before i apply color. I've tried to branch out, trying Baby lips, chapsticks, EOS lip balm, NOPE, i ALWAYS go back to this. And at my job people who forget their chapsticks always knows i have carmex handy!

on 11/10/2014 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I actually quite like this - I'll continue buying it because of the cheap price. I have severely dry lips all year round that, no matter what I put on them, continually stay extremely flaky, sore and chapped. This product has helped to keep the dryness at bay and has made my lips softer and smoother. That said, it only has this effect if I continually apply it, many times throughout the day, and my lips will still get slightly dry throughout the day, but it's a good lip balm to make my lips appear less dry in the short-term. The con is the fact that it's a pot, which can get quite messy and unhygienic. Although the taste and smell isn't the nicest ever, it's certainly not unpleasant and I don't mind it at all. Overall, this would work really effectively for people with slightly dry lips, and for my clinically dry lips this is the best thing I've used to date.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've worn Carmex lip balm as long as I can remember. I like & trust the brand so much I actually have the classic jars, squeezable tubes, & the lip balm sticks. I even have the Cherry & Strawberry flavors! Regardless of what packaging or flavor you like, it's one of the best products you can use. I personally don't use it to treat cold sore symptoms; I get dry, chapped lips easily & this is what I use to treat that. Carmex is what I use most frequently during the summer & winter months. I'm a sucker for anything mentholated because I like the tingling feeling it leaves. The only "con," is its containing petrolatum because I don't like anything greasy on my lips, but it's why it's so long-lasting. Because it lasts so long, it's what I use to moisturize & soothe my lips overnight—if I put it on before I go to sleep, it'll still be on after I wake up in the morning. For $1 or 2, it's an amazing lip balm &/or cold sore treatment. I definitely recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

LOVE this lip balm. i use it every night before bed. leaves my lips soft and moisturised in the morning. also love the scent, very refreshing! will definitely buy this again. i have this in a pot and lasts much longer than any other lip balm in a tube.

on 9/21/2013 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

The best. I use this everyday!!!! Been using since high school

on 8/17/2013 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I found Carmex about two years ago when I decided to buy a pot of it just to try it out - I had been searching for the perfect lip balm for ages and hab been reading good reviews about Carmex! I bought mine for 3 euros (I was living in Ireland) at that time. First of all I love the scent of it, it is something I don't know how to describe - like a mixed medicine+vanilla. Second I love how healing and moisturizing it is. I use it as an over-night treatment for my lips, I just put on a thick layer of it and wipe off any extra in the morning. It leaves my lips moisturized and fuller looking. I use just a basic chapstick during the day under lip gloss and lipstick but you could use Carmex as well. Carmex comes in 3 different packaging (jar, tube and chapstick). I prefer to use the tube or chapstick because I have long nails - the effect is the same anyway :) Carmex is also sold in many other flavours like Vanilla, Mint, Cherry, Strawberry and Green Apple. However, all the flavoured ones except Vanilla sting my lips VERY badly so just try one flavour at a time, don't buy all of them so you won't lose money if you get the same irritating reaction!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Carmex is a pretty good lip balm. I like the blistex lip medex a lot better, but this is pretty close to it. I like the smell & the tingly feeling that the menthol gives you. I don't really like the cherry scented one, strawberry is okay, but original is my favorite. I haven't tried the others. My favorite packaging is the squeeze tube. But if that one is sold out then I get the jar. I can't stand the click stick one. But overall, this is the best lip balm for when your lips need some extra care, or for in the winter

Top Rated Lip Treatments