Carmex Lip Balm

CarmexLip BalmEnter TitleLip Balm

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

on 2/3/2018 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought if for the great reviews, sadly it did nothing to my lips. One major fail is that I find it terribly non spreadable.....I have the tube version and have to smear again and again on my lips for the product to come out and to apply evenly. Once applied, it stays as a layer of wax on my lips, which dry out hour later. Will not repurchase again..... Blistex are way better. Carmex has also a slight medication scent to it, but it didn't bother me.

on 11/20/2017 10:29:00 AM

Excellent product! Since high school, I have never been without a jar of Carmex. From high-end to low-end, you just can't beat the ol' yellow jar (and I prefer the jar to the squeeze tube, as the texture is thicker and it stays on longer). That vanilla-camphor scent and tingly feel is addicting, but the balm itself creamy, rich, lasts for hours and makes lips look silky-smooth. It can be used to prep lips for lipstick; just leave on for 20-30 minutes and wipe off-- any flakes come right off with it.

If you or someone you know is prone to nasal sores in the winter (i.e., those cracks in your septum that sting and bleed), this is the ONLY product that helps. Dab the inside of your nose dry with a tissue, then apply a thick layer of Carmex to the sore. It not only relieves the pain instantly, but it protects the sore from irritating mucus and softens the scab. Do this for 24-48 hours and your nose will be back to normal. Also a great product for cracked, painful fingertips. BRILLIANT! and cheap :)

Carmex lip balm really works. I used it when it was winter in another country. My lips rarely got dry since back in my home country it is not dry and I found that the lip balm that I usually use is not strong enough. So I try this and the result was amazing in one day my lip became moister. Maybe it might get a bit sticky however it is not a problem if you don't use lipstick.

There is no problem with the packaging.

If dry lip is one of the main problems that really irritates you. You might want to consider this lip balm

This is amazing!!!!!!!!! I'm hooked. I don't know if my lips are addicted to lipbalms (it's purely psychological bs!), this is my fave lip balm. I can count on it. It's reliable. It's an old friend esp when I have fever blisters. The stick is rather unpleasant w the SPF as it tastes bitter but this just is distinctive flavored i can't describe it. It's kind of spicy & minty, totally proprietary & unique. It heals lips. It heals when u got a cold & ur nose gets red & sore I put it on there. I use it as a cuticle cream somexs. It's a dollar! Enough w me, try it, or try it again! :-)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have read a few of the below reviews and have been quite surprised by the negativity surrounding this product. I, personally, have not had an issue with it.

I suffer from very dry lips that constantly crack and I have to rip off the skin.. Sounds horrible, and yet I haven't been able to find a lip balm to help this, apart from cold sore cream but I can't be getting around with white lips now.

My mum gave me this one day and I love it. This works great in winter, softens my lips straight away & over time I have noticed a difference.

I now carry this with me at all times and try to apply every day, some times I forget..

on 7/10/2015 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Nice and tingly. It works. I like that I can soothe and smooth cracked/chapped lips as well as treat cold sores.

on 2/1/2014 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

My fave! It's a bit expensive in australia considering it's size! But it works and is worth it! I keep one in my bag and beside my bed.

on 1/4/2014 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After being sick of using other lip balms, I checked out Makeup Alley and saw that Carmex had some good reviews. Simply put: I love it! When I first put it on I kinda got this cool feeling on my lips. Initially it didn't seem like it was working, but after a few days I've noticed a big difference! My lips have never looked better, and my boyfriend always comments on my lips. At first the smell was kinda strange, but I eventually came to like it a lot. However I'm not a huge fan applying the lip balm with my finger!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this today for £2. I don't normally get chapped lips but for the past week or so they have been so bad, very dry and cracked and painful. I was using Vaseline but it wasn't helping much so I saw this, I liked the look of the package and though I would try it out. It is the best product I have ever bought and for so cheap! Unbelievable! I bought it today and started using it and already my lips are so much better, the cracks are all gone, their not dry either! I would totally recommend you buy this, it's brilliant. I saw it elsewhere for £1 or so more but I bought it in Primark for £2, also I bought the tube. It's amazing.

This is my staple lip care!!!!

During the winter months when it is cold and dry my lips go haywire. They crack, bleed, and it seems like nothing helps. I really don't like the smell but damn Carmax is effective on my lips. It really is just therapy for dry lips during bad weather.

I know you all have tried this before and if not and you have very dry skin/lips, give it a try!

Top Rated Lip Treatments