Carmex Lip Balm

CarmexLip BalmEnter TitleLip Balm

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

on 11/2/2018 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite lip balm. I apply it every night before bed and it keeps my lips feeling nice and moisturized. Most importantly, it doesn't cause breakouts or clogged pores around my mouth like a lot of other lip balms I've used. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the scent and minty feeling but I'm willing to overlook these things if a product works. It's also super cheap which is a plus.

on 8/17/2018 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought, tried, and ultimately won't repurchase again:

Jack Black's Intense Therapy Lip Balm
Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm
Smith's Rose Salve
ChapStix (mint, original, strawberry)
Nivea Lip Care
Dr. Hauschka's Lip Care Stick
Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
Lucas Paw Paw Ointment
eos Lip Balm

As you can see... I'm picky (understatement). Lucky for me, I picked this beauty up out of curiosity at the dollar store, and LOVED IT!!

For me, Carmex (in the TIN, NOT the tube) will be the the best in terms of consistency, moisture, and feel. I find that lip balms in tubes aren't moisturizing enough which is why I have better luck with balms in tins, but even so, they can be too slick for my taste. This is very moisturizing without being sticky or obnoxious, has the right amount of slip and shine, no discernible color, and one tin lasts me for YEARS. AND, it costs me TWO DOLLARS at most.

As a product junkie I am always curious about what things people like to use, but I know THIS is my HG and I won't deviate from repurchasing it time and time again.

on 7/15/2018 5:32:00 PM

I always come back to this. Its the best best best lip product and i never want to be without it. Ive used this for 10 years and nothing works better. Ive tried burts bees nivea everything under the sun and this beats everyrhing.

Initial application is liquidy and thin but also goopey in a good way. It has a tingling feeling which i like. Itll sink in within minutes and makes my lips look healthy and just normal. It isnt sticky and does not stay slippery once it sets. I dont need to apply a million times like the other lip balms. It has a good smell and just overall what i look for in a lip product. I can wear this and let it set and put lip liner on and go on with my day. I dont need to worry about my lips feeling nasty or it flaking or having to reapply it again in 20 minutes. Burts bees is oily feeling and i get dry again so fast. Id always repurchase this til i die. Lol def try it out if you havent. To each is own so if youre like me and you like to leave your lipbalm in the car this ones the way to since the stick type melts.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favourite beauty product ever!! I love the smell and texture of it and it stays on your lips and protects them from the coldest weather. It tingles a bit which is nice. I always have this in my bag and it's much better than vaseline as it's thicker, almost like wax.

on 2/20/2018 4:58:00 PM

I use this product when i feel that my lips are very dry & cracking because i like the tingy feeling it gives me, lets me know that it's working. I ALWAYS have atleast one Carmex product on me at all times.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

You know when you find your perfect lip balm and you stray because you want to play the field and think you might be better off 'seeing other lip balms' for a while. Well don't. This is the best thing that ever happened to my lips. I always go away and try something fruity but then come crying back to this. It's thick, and keeps your pout very plump and tingly. And is such a good base for my liquid lipsticks. Lasts a really long time too. I'm hooked. Never leave me Carmex.

on 1/25/2018 5:39:00 PM

A thousand times yes to Carmex. Not entirely fond of the medicated scent but also not entirely opposed to it. I love how hydrated my lips feel after using Carmex products. They don't disappoint me. They also don't leave a weird waxy feeling to my lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been using Burt's bees mint lip balm for the last couple of years and recently, it seemed to have lost its efficacy. My daughter suggested we try Carmex so at a whim, we got one each. I'm pleased to say, it works better at relieving dry cracked lips. I'll be keeping one in my work bag too. It's great for my ultra dry lips.

on 11/20/2017 10:29:00 AM

Excellent product! Since high school, I have never been without a jar of Carmex. From high-end to low-end, you just can't beat the ol' yellow jar (and I prefer the jar to the squeeze tube, as the texture is thicker and it stays on longer). That vanilla-camphor scent and tingly feel is addicting, but the balm itself creamy, rich, lasts for hours and makes lips look silky-smooth. It can be used to prep lips for lipstick; just leave on for 20-30 minutes and wipe off-- any flakes come right off with it.

If you or someone you know is prone to nasal sores in the winter (i.e., those cracks in your septum that sting and bleed), this is the ONLY product that helps. Dab the inside of your nose dry with a tissue, then apply a thick layer of Carmex to the sore. It not only relieves the pain instantly, but it protects the sore from irritating mucus and softens the scab. Do this for 24-48 hours and your nose will be back to normal. Also a great product for cracked, painful fingertips. BRILLIANT! and cheap :)

on 11/2/2017 4:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only product that can battle my dry lips during the cold Swedish winters. I swear by it.

Top Rated Lip Treatments