Carmex Lip Balm

CarmexLip BalmEnter TitleLip Balm

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

on 11/20/2017 10:29:00 AM

Excellent product! Since high school, I have never been without a jar of Carmex. From high-end to low-end, you just can't beat the ol' yellow jar (and I prefer the jar to the squeeze tube, as the texture is thicker and it stays on longer). That vanilla-camphor scent and tingly feel is addicting, but the balm itself creamy, rich, lasts for hours and makes lips look silky-smooth. It can be used to prep lips for lipstick; just leave on for 20-30 minutes and wipe off-- any flakes come right off with it.

If you or someone you know is prone to nasal sores in the winter (i.e., those cracks in your septum that sting and bleed), this is the ONLY product that helps. Dab the inside of your nose dry with a tissue, then apply a thick layer of Carmex to the sore. It not only relieves the pain instantly, but it protects the sore from irritating mucus and softens the scab. Do this for 24-48 hours and your nose will be back to normal. Also a great product for cracked, painful fingertips. BRILLIANT! and cheap :)

on 11/2/2017 4:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only product that can battle my dry lips during the cold Swedish winters. I swear by it.

Brilliant to keep in your bag for daily use to keep your lips moist but also is a good treatment if you suffer from flaky skin at the sides of your nose. It keeps the flakes away with regular use. I get this problem now & again and Carmex does the trick. Apply before bed and after blowing your nose! If you have a cold, it is very soothing.

on 6/30/2017 5:16:00 PM

Get. This. Product. My holy grail item over any makeup. I have the tube version, the stick version, and the pot version. I have a constant stock of these. After having this recommended by a friend 2 years ago, I have never looked back. It's oily, yes. However, the oily feeling cannot compare to the effects of this product. It smoothes and moisturises my lips. In those two years, chapped lips where you at because I haven't had them for so long! For the price, you can't complain. Cheap, gets the job done to exception. Yes I may sound silly for raving about "just a lip balm" as my friends say. But it is honestly life changing and whenever somebody tells me they have chapped lips or there lips are sore or whatever I just tell them to buy carmex. The amount of my friends that I have got to use this is crazy, but I swear by it! I've never felt so strongly about a product, I recommend this lip balm over any other balms. I have a constant stock so if this review hasn't made you want one I don't know what will! And no, this isn't sponsored (though I wish they'd sponser me), I could go on for ages :(. 10/10 would recommend :)

on 7/8/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

While there are other great lip balms out there that I have tried, I always come back to Carmex. In high school it was a must! As I grew older I decided to venture out to other products but the difference for me and what keeps me coming back to Carmex is that it's long lasting, very moisturizing, not sticky/tacky and it also gives your lips a bit of shine. I always keep a tube in my purse and nightstand. I prefer the tube over the pot because of sanitary reasons. But Carmex is life!

on 8/13/2017 1:10:00 AM

I've been using this product for 13 years! living in Atlantic Canada most of my life this has saved me many times winter and in the summer from the heat . As soon as I run out , I make my way to shoppers to get more

Carmex appears to be an age old favourite but it just did not work for me. I had the tube version and had many problems with the product.

First and foremost was the formula - it was oily and didn't seem to help moisturise my lips at all. In the winter when I had super dry, chapped lips, applying it didn't really soften and ease the dry skin - instead it kind of just went over the top and while it was nicer than not applying anything at all, my lips were still chapped but now with a film of scented grease on top. This is never the case with a variety of other lip balms (e.g. Nivea repair & protect, Burt's Bees) so surely this couldn't be just me? After a while when the layer of Carmex would eventually wear off, my lips were left no less dry than it was before I applied.

The other problem was with the packaging. The applicator was okay when used, but overtime formula accumulated around it and trapped dust and dirt, making it less than pleasant to use. Also, although the product has a nice scent, the taste was odd and moreover the product for some reason comes off into your mouth easily, so became pretty gross after a while.

on 4/13/2017 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Just jumped on the bandwagon for this lipbalm OMGGG where has this been all my life? I HAVE SEVERLY dry lips and nothing ever worked :( BUT THIS IS MY NEW HOLY GRAIL! And the price is amazing! Definitely recommend! :)

I know so many people love this stuff but it caused me a sever alergic reaction. My lips peeled and burned I had to go to the doctor to get cream to heal it. I have never had a reaction to any lip products like I did Carmex not sure whats in it that caused the problem.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even though there are only a few on here, I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who gets dryer lips after applying Carmex. I didn't realize what was happening until a week went by where every morning I woke up with extremely dry lips, and finally put two and two together. I don't normally have to apply lip balm to begin with, but I started applying this at night along with my face lotion to complete the whole moisturizing thing. I guess I won't be doing that anymore and just stick to moisturizing my face!

Top Rated Lip Treatments