Carmex Lip Balm

Carmex Lip Balm
image 1image 2image 3image 4

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

on 6/28/2016 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Did nothing for my lips at all except make them more dry.

on 6/23/2016 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As we all know: HG HG HG. This stuff is so cheap and works so well!! It is very "goopy" but not very comfortable on the lips/skin but does the trick every time.

To Read all 1063 Reviews, Login or Join

HG lipbalm. All has been said with this. Keeps my lips moisturized for the longest time. It's always carry it with me.

on 5/30/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Easily this is the best lip cracking-curing product I have tried. It is intense and hubby hates when I wear it and kiss him but it is needed!! I can get very dry skin in certain climates and this helps x100000.

on 5/25/2016 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

HG lip balm for me. I put it on every night without fail, and more if my lips are sore, dry or cracked. I find the best one is the one in the pot- this might bother some people heigene-wise, but doesn't phase me.
I also used this years ago when i was on roaccutane- which really messes up your lips!

on 5/25/2016 6:35:00 AM

Carmex is just way too irritating. I don't know if it is the amount of camphor and menthol in here or something else, but this is one of those lip balms for me that made my lips feel worse as time went on. It also stung just after application. I thought it was just the minty ingredients, but it was more than that. I am glad this works so well for so many others, but this is soooo not my friend.

We all know carmex is the creme de la creme when you have really really chapped lips. If I am going up to the mountains, I make sure to stock up on as much carmex as possible!

It goes on really thick and lasts a long time but keep applying it if you have cracked lips and you will thank yourself later when you avoid nasty ice burn in the snow.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have always suffered with severely dry lips to the point that the flake, peel, burn you name it and have tried so many different lip balms and salves that claim to help over around 12 years. For a few years Vaseline was my saviour however it was at the price of having to reapply it constantly throughout the day. Then I thought i'd give Carmex a try and since then it is the only thing that will do. I only need to use this around twice a day and don't need to reapply it after eating or drinking. This is in stark comparison to Vaseline which I had to apply around 10 times a day and almost certainly after eating. Don't get me wrong, my lips are still dry and it seems they will always be but with Carmex life is definitely a lot less difficult. As I said, applying it twice a day keeps my dryness under control and a tad goes a long way when applying. 10/10

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Excellent lip balm to use any time of the day.

Maybe use a gentler one for applications during the day. It comes in a cute yellow pot and I really like the smell- cross between vanilla and Vicks. When you apply it it tingles and within hours lips are softer and flake free. There are so many lip balms out there that just don't work but in my opinion this isn't one of them. I haven't found it drying at all. Also, from what I can gather, it's animal friendly- a big plus for me. Very inexpensive as well

on 4/19/2016 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use the original formulation of this in the tube as I needed a lip balm without SPF (i'm allergic). I use it all year round as I have really dry lips. This is the only lip balm I'll ever use as it's the only one that stops my angular chelitis.
The tube packaging is hygienic (compared to the tubs of carmex you can buy) but can get a little annoying when there's not much left. It also smells nice at first (like vanilla) but then you get the overpowering scent of camphor which is gross. I put up with it because it is the best lip balm for me.

Popular Lip Treatments