Carmex Lip Balm

Carmex Lip Balm
CarmexLip BalmEnter TitleLip Balm

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

on 2/20/2018 4:58:00 PM

I use this product when i feel that my lips are very dry & cracking because i like the tingy feeling it gives me, lets me know that it's working. I ALWAYS have atleast one Carmex product on me at all times.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

You know when you find your perfect lip balm and you stray because you want to play the field and think you might be better off 'seeing other lip balms' for a while. Well don't. This is the best thing that ever happened to my lips. I always go away and try something fruity but then come crying back to this. It's thick, and keeps your pout very plump and tingly. And is such a good base for my liquid lipsticks. Lasts a really long time too. I'm hooked. Never leave me Carmex.

on 2/3/2018 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought if for the great reviews, sadly it did nothing to my lips. One major fail is that I find it terribly non spreadable.....I have the tube version and have to smear again and again on my lips for the product to come out and to apply evenly. Once applied, it stays as a layer of wax on my lips, which dry out hour later. Will not repurchase again..... Blistex are way better. Carmex has also a slight medication scent to it, but it didn't bother me.

on 1/25/2018 5:39:00 PM

A thousand times yes to Carmex. Not entirely fond of the medicated scent but also not entirely opposed to it. I love how hydrated my lips feel after using Carmex products. They don't disappoint me. They also don't leave a weird waxy feeling to my lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think we're twins with KeithRichards. I've also got contact dermatitis, though only on the outer half of my lips and the skin around my mouth. One day my husband (husbands usually do not notice much, do they?) commented on a bad rash that I had all around my mouth. Carmex was the only new product that I've used on/around my lips at this time. It took a bit more than a week for my lips to heal once I stopped using this lip balm.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been using Burt's bees mint lip balm for the last couple of years and recently, it seemed to have lost its efficacy. My daughter suggested we try Carmex so at a whim, we got one each. I'm pleased to say, it works better at relieving dry cracked lips. I'll be keeping one in my work bag too. It's great for my ultra dry lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Sometimes skin allergies develop only after repeated exposure to certain ingredients. I used to use this all the time because it was the only thing that worked for me, but now whenever I use it I get a really bad case of contact dermatitis all over my lips - red rash, little bumps, intensely itchy, only benadryl helps and it can take weeks for it to go away completely... Just something to be aware of for those with sensitive skin or who have allergies to other ingredients already. Carmex also tastes very medicinal to the point of unpleasantness, which isn't very glamorous is it? :) But I wish this still worked for me because it was the only lip balm that did.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've heard so many good things about this that I decided to try it, finally.

First impressions were great, I like the scent with that bit of vanilla. Also went on so smooth and nice, I really liked it.

The next morning my lips were super dry though and kept peeling really bad :/ bummer. It took a few days with a different lip balm to get my lips moisturized and in shape again. I wonder what is in this that didn't agree with me? Maybe the salicylic acid? Phenol? No clue.

Back to the store it goes.

on 11/20/2017 10:29:00 AM

Excellent product! Since high school, I have never been without a jar of Carmex. From high-end to low-end, you just can't beat the ol' yellow jar (and I prefer the jar to the squeeze tube, as the texture is thicker and it stays on longer). That vanilla-camphor scent and tingly feel is addicting, but the balm itself creamy, rich, lasts for hours and makes lips look silky-smooth. It can be used to prep lips for lipstick; just leave on for 20-30 minutes and wipe off-- any flakes come right off with it.

If you or someone you know is prone to nasal sores in the winter (i.e., those cracks in your septum that sting and bleed), this is the ONLY product that helps. Dab the inside of your nose dry with a tissue, then apply a thick layer of Carmex to the sore. It not only relieves the pain instantly, but it protects the sore from irritating mucus and softens the scab. Do this for 24-48 hours and your nose will be back to normal. Also a great product for cracked, painful fingertips. BRILLIANT! and cheap :)

on 11/2/2017 4:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only product that can battle my dry lips during the cold Swedish winters. I swear by it.

Popular Lip Treatments