MISSHA Dong Baek Gold Shampoo

No Image

3.5

on 1/17/2018 12:38:00 AM

I got a sample at Missha store and I loved the shampoo, I have oily scalp, and it has always being a frustrating for me, first because I cant spent more than 24 hrs without washing my hair, my oily scalp starts to smell and itches to the end of the day and washing it everyday tends to dry the ends, It totally frustrates me to notice someone nice smell of shampoo in their hair, while mine doesnt smells at all despite being washed everyday, for me to find a good shampoo for my scalp has always being a challenge, there are not a lot of products for oily scalp that doesnt dry your hair, and I hate dry hair, I hate it so much I dont even dare to dye my hair cause I love to keep it shiny, smooth and hidratated, so when I first tried the shampoo I was scared, and that was because I didnt notice the oily consistency of the shampoo before until I was already washing my hair with it and I though: shit!... I already had very bad experiencies with oily shampoo's before so I expected for the worst... but I was surprised instead, I usually let my hair to dray naturally, I rarely blow it, so I start to notice this utterly silky an light texture to it, my scalp didnt felt oily at all, by the end of the day I notice my scalp wasnt oily! and my hair for the first time in my life still smelled like shampoo!!! but the best was when I woke up the next day and I suddenly notice this amaaaazing nice scent in my pillow and I was like: What the... oooooh my gooosh! it was the shampoo! So I found my perfect fit, I already tried another asian brand from japan called Ichikami, and it was very good too! though the essence didnt last that long, I have found in asian products the perfect fit for me!. :)

on 2/5/2015 7:49:00 AM

Dong Baek Gold shampoo is advertised on the Missha website as being for damaged hair that needs extra care. My hair is very fine, thinning and color treated, but I wouldn’t say it is too damaged.

I got a great deal on this shampoo (and I always like to try hair products) but in hindsight this is perhaps the wrong formulation for me. Although it cleanses well and smells great, this leaves my hair limp and makes it get greasy faster than normal. On damaged or over processed hair this would be very nourishing and healing, but sadly this is TOO moisturizing for my hair.

I only use this now to try to finish the bottle, but I won’t be buying again. I do recommend if you have got very damaged hair though.