LORAC Unzipped - Gold

Unzipped - GoldUnzipped - GoldUnzipped - Gold

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love the the super pigmented shades, how easily they blend, and how long they last. The price isn't bad, and the eyeshadow pans are big and have a lot of product. This is one of my all time favorite palettes, because of how super ultra pigmented the shimmers are. They are by far the best shimmers i have ever used. I do prefer the Lorac unzipped to this just a tad bit though, but just because of the shades.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

LOVE!! Amazing colors with great blend-ability, and not much fall out, this was my first LORAC purchase, and after this, I was hooked!! The eye shadows are like butter, and are just so pigmented, and they stay on for hours, even without a primer. When I finally use up this palette I'll be buying another!! All the colors are useable too.

I have to admit the biggest reason I wanted this palette was for unleashed. It's a beautiful bronze color, very smooth and very pigmented. I swatched it at Ulta and was shocked at how metallic it was.
Don't get me wrong- I do like the other colors, but to me unleashed is the standout in the palette. I also really like unlocked (pale yellow gold) and unpredictable.
When I want a more neutral eye this is the palette I usually gravitate towards.
A con would be that there isn't really a good transition color. There are two mattes but they are a bit on the darker side and very similar. I can make these work by using a fluffy brush and a light hand, or I just pull in a lighter matte transition shade from another palette. Also there's not a whole lot of variety (compared to the Lorac Pro or Naked 1 for example) but that doesn't bother me because I really like the looks I get when I use this.
I like the formula of the shadows but I can't compare to the pro formula because I (surprisingly) don't have any of the pro palettes. I feel like a lot of people prefer the pro formula so I would swatch in store first if possible. I have no complaints though, the shadows are pigmented and long lasting. Definitely one of my favorite palettes I own!

on 6/30/2016 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the Unzipped Gold palette! The mattes are well pigmented, soft, buttery, minimal fallout. The shimmers are very buttery, easily glide on the lids, pigmented, but can have some fallout, as with any shimmery shadows. The lighter colors can look a bit frosty in the inner corner, so diluting or blending out is a must. The formula is very pleasant to work with. Very large size shadows, I don't foresee ever running out of them. I've used these shadows for 3 months and there is no dip in the pan at all. I'm not a fan of cardboard packaging, but i keep all my palettes in their original boxes, to protect them and to reduce possibility of breakage. Overall it's a great addition to any existing collection.

on 6/6/2016 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a nice gold shade of eye-shadow online and found this palette online. I did not even read any reviews and ordered it. The packaging is smart, convenient and I absolutely love the colours. They are true to pigmentation; what you see in the palette is the colour you get on your lids in one application, the only reason it did not get a full 5/5 from me is because it is VERY powdery. If you just tap off the excess from the brush it should be just fine and gently take off excess powdered stuff off your palette then it will save it from ruining other colours. I didn't do this and the dark shade (Unedited) got into the lighter colours around it. But if you just find a way around the powdery texture of it then the colour pay off is amazing. It lasts throughout the day and the little primer that came with it works nicely as well. I would definitely repurchase the palette if my current one finishes but due to great pigmentation and lasting power - that would be a while. Bottom line, it is pricey but the lasting power and true-to-colour pigmentation makes it totally worth it. I have not come across any other eyeshadow til date which is so pigmented in one application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say this pallet just drew me in due to the colors. the colors are beautiful and the packaging is nice. it's a little pricey and if you have warm tones skin you may like this pallet a little more. I felt as if the shadows kicked off a lot of powder (WHICH I HATE) and even with the primer my shadows didn't really stay on that long. but I must say I love the colors in this pallet its a hit or miss honestly

Beautiful, rich, creamy and long lasting. The shades are so flattering on my warm NC30/35 skin tone. I prefer this formula over the LORAC pro palette and find that these shadows last longer than the pro palette. I don't use primer and these shadows adhere nicely to the skin and last all day on me. I only gave it 2 lippies for packaging because while it is sleek, I am not a fan of cardboard packaging. I prefer plastic or metal cases.

on 1/29/2016 10:48:00 PM

Another great neutral eyeshadow palette that you can use for day or night. You really can't go wrong with whatever way you choose to use this palette.

on 1/6/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have found LORAC products to be very irritating to my eyelids, even with primer applied. I would not recommend this palette for those who have more pink undertones as they appear more yellow based. I gave this to my daughter who has no problem with the irritation.

on 12/6/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This palette is hit or miss. There are some wonderful buttery shades I would expect from lorac. There's also some not so wonderful, gritty shades. Not an awful product but I expect more from lorac.