AVEDA Botanical Kinetics Energizing Eye Creme

AVEDA Botanical Kinetics Energizing Eye Creme

3.5

water, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, theobroma grandiflorum (cupuacu) seed butter, stearyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, PEG-100 stearate, elaeis guineensis (palm) oil, dimethicone, cetyl esters, molasses extract \ saccharum officinarum, asparagopsis armata extract, ascophyllum nodosum extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, hydrogenated olive oil, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, caffeine, aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate, sodium hyaluronate, cholesterol, salicylic acid, tocopherol, cetyl alcohol, sorbitol, caprylyl glycol, cetearyl glucoside, glyceryl stearate citrate, sodium PCA, Xanthan gum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an excellent eye cream. It's moisturizes well and sits beautifully under makeup. It is also unfragranced, which I appreciate in an eye cream. I don't know about its dark circle reducing or depuffing properties, but it definitely felt cooling and a bit energizing (thanks to the caffeine?). The packaging is also great--a hygienic (and attractive) tube that dispenses just the right amount.

With all of that said, it's a bit pricey at $36 for half a fluid ounce. For the money, I prefer the Cerave eye cream, but I would repurchase this as a special treat. In fairness, the tube did last me a long time.

on 5/10/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've used this a few times over the past year at my aveda salon, noticing my puffy eyes in the mirror while waiting for my spot in the chair, and noticing how this cream makes them de-puff significantly. However I have also have opted, several times, to buy something less expensive. Today I woke up looking like the bride of Frankenstein, sick with sinus congestion, seriously puffy eyes, so when I had my haircut, I bought a tube. I used some waiting for my shampoo- over my minimal makeup, including a little concealer. Within the hour, my bags were going away. The creme feels good, isn't overly scented, and considering that I have, oh, four different $12 eye creams sitting in my potions drawer, I don't feel like $35 was too expensive. I didn't notice that it had any effect on my makeup. I still have a little congestion puffiness, but if the cream can make sinus congestion bags decrease, I have high hopes for it.

This is a great eye cream to use at night. It has a rich texture, very moisturizing, and comes in a tube. I prefer this over jar packaging. It doesn't diminish dark circles but there isn't an eye cream out there that does that. It contains shea butter, licorice root, and caffeine which are all great for delicate eye area. Reasonably priced in my opinion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I go to an Aveda Institute, so we got to try this eye cream first. It's a great undereye moisturizer. I cant really account for how well it diminishes dark circles or anything like that. To me it's simply a nice moisturizer to keep my undereyes from getting too dry and irritated (from using concealer and power and stuff). It's rich, but it's not heavy when applied. It's $35 for a decent-sized tube, which I don't think is outrageous at all. Admittedly, it's nothing outrageous, but it's the nicest eye cream I've ever used.

on 3/23/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Like the previous reviewer, I was interested in this eye cream because of the high rating it received on Beautypedia, but It's just a run of the mill eye cream. Unscented, no SPF, moisturizing enough for AM/PM, quick absorbing. Does a decent job of moisturizing, but this is more of an eye cream for someone in their 20's and not someone seeking to undo dark undereye circles, bags, or fine lines.

on 2/4/2015 8:57:00 AM

I bought this eye cream because beautypedia gave it a Best rating, and it is half the price of my current HG eye cream (it is $35 for a .5oz. tube). I had used Aveda body and haircare products before, but never skincare. It comes in a tube, yet it is thick enough that I have to dab it on. It sinks in within seconds, and leaves no residue or sheen. This is the case whether I use a little bit or a lot. But then my eye area feels dry and tight and uncomfortable. Putting concealer on over it makes even a really good concealer crease like crazy. I guess the lesson I learned is that just because a product looks good on paper doesn't mean it will perform well on me.