Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.8

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This works beautifully on my skin. I didn't know what to expect, but a beauty manager recommended it to me and I took her word for it...so glad I did. I use this after my moisturizer, and before my foundation, and it both provides a great primer for my foundation while giving me extra glow. Like other reviewers, I read the ingredients and wasn't impressed...but I can't argue with the performance. It works for me, and I also sometimes use it to set my makeup at the end of my application. I just wish it wasn't a spray, as I like to be a bit more precise in my primer application.

on 5/7/2017 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Like this as both a light primer and a setting spray. I got it first in a sample size, sprayed a little on my face once, thought it felt nice and then I forgot all about it. I was using Max fix plus to set my make up and I didn't think a watery spray would make a very good primer so I really couldn't think of a use for this Smashbox primer water. Then one day I was only going to put on some tinted moisturizer and I don't use primer under my tinted moisturizer but just before I put it on I thought my skin was a little dehydrated and dry. I was too lazy to go to my bathroom to put on some hydrating gel so I just dug around in my cosmetics and this little bottle of primer water caught my eye so I sprayed it on my face and skin instantly felt plumbed and less itchy/dry. Then I applied my tinted moisturizer and it went on beautifully.

It is very similar to Mac fix plus but I feel like the Smashbox water has just a little more substance to it. I sprayed Smashbox on the back of one hand and Mac fix plus on the back of the other and they both felt very similar going on and drying down but after about five minutes I noticed that the hand that had Smashbox water on it felt and looked smoother. The Smashbox pump also puts out a finer mist that spreads out more and dries faster. Still it is twice the price of Mac fix plus and I'm not sure it's twice as good. I may or may not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

When I saw the hype around this product I swore it was the most gimmicky thing I had ever seen. I have tried so many setting sprays who claim to do a similar thing as this primer water and I have been disappointed every single time. My skin type is combination, where my nose and forehead are incredibly oily and the rest of my face is pretty normal. I have tried tons of different foundations, primers and setting sprays combined and nothing could endure the wrath of my oily nose. However, this my makeup friends, has won the battle. The ONLY product that can handle my oily nose is MAC Prolongwear foundation, however I have like 2948483 other foundations sitting in my drawer that look beautiful when I first apply it, then after a few hours are defeated by my oiliness. In the drawer they go and stay... To truly see if this primer water lived up to its claim, I used the one foundation that has let me down time and time again. Too Faced Born This Way foundation literally cannot not tolerate my oily nose after two hours. The makeup is completely gone off my nose by that time and the rest of my face gets pretty oily and my redness comes peaking through. AFTER ONLY 2 HOURS. I had tried this foundation with every primer and setting spray under the sun and to no avail, it continued to suck. So I brought it out of the shadows and used it with this primer water and YOU GUYS. MY MAKEUP WAS FLAWLESS ALL DAY. Just like it looked when I first applied. 8+ hours of wear and omg the foundation is on my nose, no breaking up, no caking up. Not only was it still perfectly in tact on my nose, there wasn't a sea of oil layered on top of my nose. My oils were sealed in under that amazing primer water where they should be. My skin had a nice natural glow to it after 8+ hours and looked vibrant and clean. Seriously, I am so amazed you guys. It's not a gimmick, this stuff works. Can't wait to try this with other foundations that have let me down. This primer water was definitely worth every penny!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this because Jaclyn Hill used it in her videos around the same time that I ran out of my Too Faced primer. I do really like the way the primer water smells and feels on my skin. I use it after moisturizing and before putting on my foundation. I do not think it makes makeup lasts longer, it doesn't moisturize skin but it makes me feel awake and fresh. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend unless you have a lot of money to spend on water in a nice spray bottle. I'm sure I could mix rose water and glycerin in a bottle and get a similar effect at a portion of the price

on 12/4/2015 11:42:00 PM

Overhyped, overpriced.

Get Cinema Secrets moisture spray for 1/3 the price and it has the exact results and function.

This product is more for pre moisture mist but cant totally replace a good old moisturizer. Also works as a refresher, avoiding the powdery look or give a dewy look.

It oxidizes the color of foundation a bit.

2/5

on 3/27/2015 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this idk what it is biut its magical