Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.4

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 8/31/2017 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My primer obsessed teen daughter begged me to buy this for her, and once I read the ingredients, I regretted it. Water, caffeine, diamond powder, lemon oil and LOADS of preservatives. I don't see it as a primer, but it's fine as a setting spray. What a rip!!

on 6/19/2017 4:32:00 PM

Not worth it to me. I actually bought a travel size ($16!!) in December but took it back without using it because i'm like what do I REALLY need this for? My friend had a sample size and didn't like it so she gave it to me. I haven't used it as a makeup base, I don't see it working for that. I sprayed it on my makeup to set one day when I didn't want to waste my UD all nighter. It was okay for this I guess but I still prefer UD All nighter. I loaded my brush with UD midnight cowboy the other day and sprayed this on, gave a nice effect and I really liked it but I can just use water (mineral, tap lol) the cheap ELF setting spray or even buy a mini fix+ which is only $12 I think. I don't even foil shadows and stuff that often anyways to really worry about it and have a mini bottle of Avene mineral water that I got for free that can do the job. If ir works for you and you like it, great! I just see it as gimmicky. It's primer WATER, is there even much in it thats beneficial?

on 7/24/2016 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this product after a lot of girls recommended it to me. it's a reallly nice, light and hydrating mist that makes your face feel really fresh if you use it as a primer and it sticks down those tiny hairs on your face as a setting spray.
however! i also own mac charged water spray and i was really disappointed to find out it is the exact. same. product. all the ingredients are the same yet macs is about $20 cheaper.
overall there is nothing wrong with this product but it's not really a fantastic setting spray and i can't justify the price.

on 4/1/2016 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Like what does this product even do? I only got it because it was 50% off. When I first saw it advertised I figured it was just water, and I should have gone with my gut. I haven't noticed any difference in how my makeup looks. I spray it on after moisturizer, rub it in a little to make sure it got everywhere, then let it dry. Does nothing. And I don't use it as a setting spray because my UD All Nighter might see me and get mad.

The spray is really nice, very powerful and mist..y? But don't waste your money. I'll try a different primer when this is gone.

Can't live without this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Not my favorite product that's for sure. Once I sprayed this, I went to look in the mirror and my face was so red and looked like an oil slick immediately. I do not have a huge problem with oily skin. Sometimes my t zone gets shiny as the day goes on, but this made my WHOLE face look like I was sweating bullets. I made sure to hold the bottle far away before spraying and I still got this effect. I haven't really had any luck with skin sprays. Mac fix + is the only one Ive found that works on me. The whole UD skindinavia line didn't work for me either. If this works for you then great! Unfortunately this was a miss for me..

on 8/29/2015 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a revelation!
Having used smashbox original primers previously and not understanding the buzz around them (I ended up with an oil slick for a forehead... Not usual for someone with dry skin!) I was wary but bought into the hype and purchased this product and I'm glad I did!

The water can be used to prime skin, as a setting spray, and to add moisture to makeup throughout the day to freshen your look - multi use means it is great value for money

I spritz around 5/6 pumps across my face and neck area after my moisturiser has sunk in and apply my makeup after a minute or so, I have noticed a difference in the way my makeup sits on my skin since using this product and now use it every day as a primer.

As a setting spray it also works really well, I wouldn't say it is as amazing as all nighter by urban decay but because it can be used in a number of different ways (unlike all nighter) it's better value for money, I've found it does seem to refresh my face if I spritz it over my made up face throughout the day which is nice too, it feels moisturising and less "tight"

Another great use for it is to spritz a beauty blender before applying makeup without and it seems to give it a bit of extra staying power

I think if you have oily skin this might not be as good a primer as some others on the market but it's a great balance for my dry skin

This is awful stuff, what a waste of money! I bought it to set my make up, rather than as a primer and all that it does is make your face wet and cause your make up to run. I've tried spraying it from further away and using only the minimal amount, but it still has exactly the same effect. Once dry, it still doesn't set make up. As I said, I didn't use this as a primer, but can't believe for a moment that it would be any use, as it is literally so wet and lands on your face in patches. If I could give it less than one lippy I would!

on 4/27/2015 5:25:00 PM

I love this so much! It's the perfect spray to use before foundation, so it glides on easier.. And after powder to set everything. Even if I don't wear makeup I will use this during the day when my face feels dry. Are there less expensive alternatives..? Definitely! I had a spray toner from Natures Gate (that's probably discontinued since I can't find it) that I used to use in the same way. This Smashbox stuff is just a fancy scented water but the mist is fantastic, doesn't disturb anything I've applied, so ... Whatever I need it!! I might try the Fix+ stuff when I run out since its supposed to be similar (thanks makeup alley)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised at how much I liked this product! Did not have the highest expectations as I did not think a water spray could make a difference in my makeup application, however it did. This felt soothing on my dry skin and left a smooth base for my foundation. It did not minimize pores or make my makeup stick in place for that much longer, but I really think this is a worthwhile product for people especially with dry or sensitive skin who want a primer to help their makeup sit on their face a lot smoother without heavy silicones or irritation. Been using it every time I apply makeup and I won't be stopping! I did a video review on this product as well and applied it only to half of my face when I did my makeup and I saw and felt the difference. It's up on

if you'd like to check it out.