Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.5

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 11/4/2018 10:16:00 PM

This works great for dry sensitive skin!
I tried this on a whim and I love it! I have almost finished a full size bottle - it cost 37 dollars but it has lasted 6mths with daily use and I spritz at least 4 or 5 pumps on my face each time. Plus I still have about 2 oz. Left in the bottle. So I would say it's a good value.
I have used it over stick foundation, powder foundation, and tinted moisturizers and it works great over all of them. Sometimes I walk in the bathroom and just spritz some on my face to refresh my makeup throughout the day. I do of course close my eyes while spraying but it has not caused any eye or under eye irritation. I have very sensitive skin and eyes and have had zero reaction to this product. It really seals my makeup in place and helps it stay all day. When using a powder foundation (which I rarely ever do!) I use my dry beauty blender to press this spray into my skin helping peach fuzz lay flat and not hold powder.
I will definitely continue using this primer spray.
I have dry, sensitive, aging skin for reference.

on 6/19/2017 7:48:00 AM

I use it both as a primer and as a setting spray and I like it very much. It feels great on my skin!

on 8/17/2016 5:54:00 AM

After all the hype on Youtube about this product a while ago, I bought a full size of it. I agree that it´s useful to slightly dampen the skin or the beautyblender before applying foundation, and for spraying it on top of the makeup at the end to make it look less powdery and more glowy. But these are things that are also just as well doable with MAC Fix+ or many other, cheaper alternatives – I guess even some spray-on toners! I can´t say for sure if my makeup lasts longer when I use this, which means – if it makes a difference in longevity, it´s only an insignificant one. It took me a really long time to use the bottle up, so a little goes a long way, but I won´t repurchase because I found it somewhat average.

on 6/6/2016 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

About the only positive for this is the packaging and how finely and powerfully the mist sprays out of the bottle. I have normal to dry skin & because I'm getting into my late 30s I need to use a line/pore filling primer in areas of my face - the silicon in such primers often makes my foundation sit funny on my skin or seem like it hasn't "stuck" to my skin. When I saw a youtuber use this primer water over top of a siliconey pore filling primer to help her makeup stick, I thought all my problems were solved.

Sadly, this was not the case. This product actually seems to dry my skin out terribly when used in this manner as well as when used over the top of makeup as a setting spray. I did my normal skin care routine, waited 30 minutes for my moisturiser to sink in as normal, applied my pore/line filling primer as normal, waited for it to dry then misted the primer water over top, allowing it to dry before applying my (Armani Luminous Silk) foundation. My face felt immediately tight and dry, and as the day wore on my foundation turned into dry, scaly looking patches on my face! Never seen any product do this before.

I tried again using my much loved Too Faced Hangover primer underneath for extra moisture and tried a different foundation (Too Faced Born This Way) - it was just as bad. I am so confused how a product that everyone seems to find so hydrating can cause my skin to look like a snake skin :( I don't know what I'm doing wrong but feel like I've tried it in different ways with different product combos with the same results so it must just be my skin? I will be returning this product.

BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! Okay so I was kinda skeptical seeing as how it looks just like fancy water but oh how I was wrong. If you apply this as a primer, before your primer, or after your primer under your foundation, this will make your foundation look incredibly flawless. No joke. I so didn't wanna like this cause it's quite pricey but this is something I will never think twice about buying again. I've used this every day since I bought it and every day no matter what my foundation is, it looks amazing. I have dry skin and matte foundations tend to look really cakey on my skin but this totally takes that away and hydrates the skin so nicely. Definitely a must for me!!!!!!

on 1/23/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What is this for exactly? Is it a primer or a setting spray? Is it water or does it actually have ingredients in it that set makeup in order to make it last longer? I'm confused! I have somewhat oily skin and this stuff did absolutely zero for me. I first used it as a primer and it took 5 full minutes to dry. My foundation sunk into every single pore on my face (which it doesn't do when I use a silicone primer) and looked absolutely awful. I next tried it as a setting spray and it made my makeup run down my face (it took me 20 minutes to apply everything and mere seconds to destroy it, damn it!), so it definitely doesn't work for that purpose. So I have no idea what it's actually intended to do. It didn't make my makeup last longer and actually caused an oil slick in an hour, which is sooner than if I used no powder to set my foundation. So naturally I returned this stuff to Sephora pronto. I can see no redeeming qualities to this product. I think I'm being quite generous in giving this primer water two lippies. I really should give it one (or none if that were an option). This is by far the worst product I've tried in a long, long time. I was attracted to it because it didn't have silicone and was oil free, which I interpreted as being good for oily skin. Boy was I wrong. I have no idea what skin type could benefit from this stuff. Certainly not oily gals. My makeup has never looked worse. I was glad to get back to my normal routine. I much prefer my Lorac Porefection primer and my UD All Nighter setting spray. I may decide to try MAC Fix+ in the future, but I need to recover from my experience with this primer water, which may take some time. I'm just glad Sephora has a generous return policy. I would be hugely pissed if I wasted $32 on such a sucky product that has no discernible redeeming qualities. I definitely don't recommend this product for anyone with any skin type or anyone who wears makeup of any kind, lol!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Got a sample of this.

Meh.

it does nothing for my skin that spritzing plain water wouldn't do, so why bother? It's a huge con and waste of money in my opinion. It doesn't make my make up stay on and it doesn't freshen the look of my make up either.

Will not buy the full size and can't even be bothered finishing the sample if I'm honest.

on 12/4/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Smashbox is very vague about what this product is specifically used for, which normally would steer me away from it. Buuut, I was cruising Sephora on Black Friday and saw a $10 bundle for a small size of this and Smashbox's primer, and figured I'd try it.

I don't know if this could be used by itself as a primer. Maybe someone with very good skin could do that, but I have some dry patches and need a thicker primer to work with them. I will say that it works well WITH a primer. I've been using this and the smashbox primer together since I got them, and I plan to try this with my old primer, too.

First of all, this is probably not intended, but it is very refreshing to spray this on. I tend to put it on after priming my face. I've noticed that, because of it, my foundation doesn't oxidize as much, and stays more color-true throughout the day.
Secondly, I've been using this as a way to refresh my makeup. It does bring life back to my face after several hours, and I like it for that.

All that said? This is not, by far, anything essential. Yes, I plan on buying more, but I could just as easily go without. It's just a luxury product.

on 10/21/2015 10:07:00 AM

I don't think this is anything more then water in a bottle. I still have to wear a primer with this. I use it to refresh my face

I love this primer to death! I bought it when it first came out a few months ago and I still have half a bottle left after daily use, sometimes twice daily. I only use it as a primer, I spray 5-6 pumps evenly and then pat in it very gently and let it dry for about 5 minutes until it's only slightly tacky. It keeps my makeup in place so well all day! I work out daily and often in a very warm room and even when sweat is literally dripping off of my face, my foundation does not budge! I used a different primer today (POP Beauty Face Magnet) and noticed that my foundation was running down my face and got in to my eyes and stung badly during my workout. I haven't tried this like Fix + yet since I have the real one already, so I can't comment on that use. Overall definitely worth the $32 I paid for it and will definitely repurchase over and over again.