Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.3

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very light primer. But I prefer a lotion based or gel based one that does the job better. This primer doesn’t hold makeup very well, if I perspire a little around the nose and use a tissue to lightly absorb, the foundation moves. Also I hate waiting for the primer to dry on my face. It’s expensive but lasts you very Long. Won’t repurchase

on 2/21/2016 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is amazing! Like a lot of people I was thinking that this was a gimmick and a total waste of money so naturally I spayed the tester liberally and kept on playing in Mecca. Then I came across my reflection 5 minutes later and was like *wow!*

I found I had a natural finish and nice glow on top of my usual it cosmetics powder (which is fantastic BTW!!) I tried using other sprays but feel nice but don't do much in the way of setting makeup. My skin becomes super congested if I use anything with silicone in it so this is very exciting. The silicone free primers that I have used beforehand tend to make me oily and the makeup comes off anyway - so I may well not have used it in the first place.

My makeup tends to oxidise and change colour but I have found that the colour I put on is the colour it stays. The spray has a nice smell to it and the ingredients list is pretty cool. Not entirely sure how it would work but it seems to. Only downside seems to be the price - $47AUD for the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Transdermal magneisum chloride is extremely beneficial for the skin. But what I'm concerned with is the addition of calcium chloride. Is this causing more harm than good? I do find this soothing, light and hydrating. .. all without feeling heavy like other setting sprays that contain castor oil or glycerin (glycerin always tends to dry my skin out eventually) but with the calcium in it im unsure if this is a good option long term. I do feel like this has slightly lightened my hyperpigmented ezcema scarring after a day of use (perhaps the increased hydration?)

Regardless, I work in a dry office and will use this to refresh my skin throughout the day. Bought the travel size for a test run. Will update at a later date.

on 12/4/2015 11:42:00 PM

Overhyped, overpriced.

Get Cinema Secrets moisture spray for 1/3 the price and it has the exact results and function.

This product is more for pre moisture mist but cant totally replace a good old moisturizer. Also works as a refresher, avoiding the powdery look or give a dewy look.

It oxidizes the color of foundation a bit.

2/5