Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.1

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

I haven't tried this as a traditional primer, instead use it as a setting spray. I still have oily skin at my age along with fine lines and wrinkles and pores and broken capillaries - but I don't like to look "made up." Powder foundations look chalky and dry and after trying what seems like every liquid foundation in the universe, I haven't found one compatible with my skin. Enter Primer Water. After applying my powder foundation and everything but mascara, I spritz this on and my chalky powder foundation absolutely transforms. I've tried other setting sprays, simple sprayed on water and they either feel like shellac or cause my foundation to "separate" for lack of a better word. This stuff is magic and works just as well following a mid-day blotting paper touch up. My skin looks dewy and plump and my foundation looks like skin. As with all of Smashbox, it's a bit spendy, but I will not stray unless a legit dupe comes along.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I honestly didn’t think I’d like this but I do. It’s light and still effective. The only other Smashbox primer I’ve liked so far is the Primerizer, all of the other primers they have do not suit my skin at all. The primer water feels light and refreshing and leaves a soft finish on the skin, not sticky or tacky which I personally do not enjoy. Is it better than Too Faced HangoveRX 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray? No, but it’s not any less effective either, and it can also be used to refresh or set makeup in addition to priming the skin. Both products are nearly identical in price but differ in fragrance. I didn’t notice a scent with the Smashbox primer however TF’s version does smell like coconut. I prefer both of these to say a MAC Fix+ type product, but that’s just a personal preference.

on 7/4/2017 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really wanted to love this primer/setting spray/makeup re freshening spray. For me, did nothing as a primer. Okay as setting spray, but due to cost will not repurchase. No smell to the product, good it one is sensitive for fragrance. Will stick to smashbox photofinish silicone base primers for my combination skin.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for several weeks. I like the feel on the skin, especially in the summer when makeup seems to melt off int he heat. I have sprayed it on during the day, but I do not think it refreshes my makeup, and using Evian would be just as helpful. It seems to agree with all the foundations I wear in the summer and does not cause them to pill. It does not give you that smooth silicone feel like Hourglass or regular silicone based primer, so if your skin has alot of texture, I would choose something else. Overall, for summer and for me its OK.

on 2/28/2017 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This did literally nothing at all, I just used it up for the sake of using it. Might as well have been spraying expensive water on my face.

on 12/30/2016 10:23:00 AM

After using half a bottle, I have a love/hate relationship with this primer!! This is a good primer, not great, but good! I use it under Bareminerals Bareskin. I really like the packaging. The spray is a very fine mist. My complaint with this product is there is something in it that causes breakouts for me big time!! Took me forever to figure it out but it's this primer!! I don't have acne prone skin but there is something in this my skin does not like!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very similar to MAC Fix+ it almost smells the same to. This is very wet and does not do anything really, I would recommend fix+ over this and it's also cheaper.

on 8/18/2016 7:04:00 AM

I've been using the Smashbox primer water on and off for about 3 months. I keep going back to it but it just doesn't work for me. The Mac fix+ is far superior and cheaper. Smashbox primer water is basically water. It didn't do anything to help my makeup look more dewy or last longer. I've tried it on a damp beauty blender to apply foundation and it didn't do anything different that if I had just used water. I still have half a bottle left and I'm just going to give it away. It's a disappointing product.

on 3/5/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been through two travel size bottles of this and I have to say, just save your money and buy a cheaper primer. I think for priming purposes, it's not as good as a cream/gel primer. This did come in handy when I was in a hurry and just needed to get out the door. I'd spray my face, then brush my teeth while it dried, then start makeup. But otherwise, I'm much happier with a regular primer and won't purchase this in full size.

I'm not 100% sure if it makes my make up stay on longer
But it feels lovely to mist on the face before make up .
It's so fresh, and for dry skin its wonderful as it's very hydrating aswell .
And the bottle lasts like forever !