Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.9

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 3/23/2018 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to make my make up last as I'm not one to do frequent touch ups. However with all the layers of skincare and sunscreen I figured the last thing I needed on my skin was a layer of primer. So I was intrigued when I saw this water based spray, more so as I live in the humid tropics. Unfortunately it did nothing for me as a primer. It was better as a setting spray but even then I get much better results with UD's All Nighter. And I wanted a pick me up I preferred using Caudalie's Beauty Elixir. The only plus point for me was that as it's a water based spray it will last ages.

on 10/13/2016 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I usually spray this on to give my skin a little more hydration. It helps makeup stick a little better. However, I've heard that Mac Fix + is better and cheaper so I'll try that out too. I definitely don't think it's necessary... just a nice little extra step.

on 7/23/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I have been using it as a primer instead of as a setting spray, and so far I like this product. With the sample size, it takes a few targeted sprays to cover the face, and it does to take a minute or so to dry. Once it dried, my face did feel hydrated but not oily (my skin is naturally very oily). Makeup went on easily after it, and I did get the sensation that it was "locked in" without dryness. It did in fact keep my makeup looking good throughout the majority of the day, and even though it doesn't say that this is a purpose of the product in the description, my skin was not as oily when using this product. Makeup did still come off easily if I brushed my face against something, though, and this didn't do anything in the way of covering pores or scarring (again, it's not intended to). I'm interested to try this as a setting spray, too. I've finished my sample, but I would definitely buy the full size product.

on 7/23/2016 1:31:00 PM

I bought this primer on a whim and I had high hopes for it, but it didn't really do anything for me as a primer. I didn't see a difference when wearing it and not wearing it, so on my counter it sat... until I decided to try it as a makeup refresher. It made my face feel cool and refreshed, but I feel like something a lot cheaper could essentially do the same thing (maybe a spritz of water from a spray bottle?). I'll continue to use it until it's empty, but I won't repurchase.

on 2/21/2016 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is amazing! Like a lot of people I was thinking that this was a gimmick and a total waste of money so naturally I spayed the tester liberally and kept on playing in Mecca. Then I came across my reflection 5 minutes later and was like *wow!*

I found I had a natural finish and nice glow on top of my usual it cosmetics powder (which is fantastic BTW!!) I tried using other sprays but feel nice but don't do much in the way of setting makeup. My skin becomes super congested if I use anything with silicone in it so this is very exciting. The silicone free primers that I have used beforehand tend to make me oily and the makeup comes off anyway - so I may well not have used it in the first place.

My makeup tends to oxidise and change colour but I have found that the colour I put on is the colour it stays. The spray has a nice smell to it and the ingredients list is pretty cool. Not entirely sure how it would work but it seems to. Only downside seems to be the price - $47AUD for the bottle.

Can't live without this!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I live in the deep South and make-up rarely ever stays on for long during the summer months (don't even get me started on the eyeshadow creases). This product is nothing short of AMAZING!! My make-up stays on all day and all night. I also have very oily skin, but this stuff adds no additional oils to my face. It's oil, alcohol, and silicone free! I even made the bridal party in my best friend's wedding use this and not one girl had to reapply her make-up the entire time!

on 10/8/2015 8:00:00 PM

Oh how I wanted to like this. I bought the $16 sample size from ulta and I'm glad I did, I don't regret buying it because I really wanted to try it. It makes my skin look really really greasy after an hour or two. I just notice all of the foundation and powder I put around my nose area just seperates and gets mushed up into the sides of my nose. I use Mac studio fix fluid w. A setting powder and I stay matte for hours but not with this. I've only used it as a primer though, not a setting spray because I've been too afraid that it's gonna make my makeup run. I even tried just using a couple spritz directly on my foundation brush instead of my face and it was the same greasy results. I gave it a 3 because I like the 3 in 1 concept, I like the packaging, and I like the fact that this was available in the sample sample/travel size.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised at how much I liked this product! Did not have the highest expectations as I did not think a water spray could make a difference in my makeup application, however it did. This felt soothing on my dry skin and left a smooth base for my foundation. It did not minimize pores or make my makeup stick in place for that much longer, but I really think this is a worthwhile product for people especially with dry or sensitive skin who want a primer to help their makeup sit on their face a lot smoother without heavy silicones or irritation. Been using it every time I apply makeup and I won't be stopping! I did a video review on this product as well and applied it only to half of my face when I did my makeup and I saw and felt the difference. It's up on

if you'd like to check it out.