Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

2.8

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 7/4/2017 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really wanted to love this primer/setting spray/makeup re freshening spray. For me, did nothing as a primer. Okay as setting spray, but due to cost will not repurchase. No smell to the product, good it one is sensitive for fragrance. Will stick to smashbox photofinish silicone base primers for my combination skin.

on 6/19/2017 4:32:00 PM

Not worth it to me. I actually bought a travel size ($16!!) in December but took it back without using it because i'm like what do I REALLY need this for? My friend had a sample size and didn't like it so she gave it to me. I haven't used it as a makeup base, I don't see it working for that. I sprayed it on my makeup to set one day when I didn't want to waste my UD all nighter. It was okay for this I guess but I still prefer UD All nighter. I loaded my brush with UD midnight cowboy the other day and sprayed this on, gave a nice effect and I really liked it but I can just use water (mineral, tap lol) the cheap ELF setting spray or even buy a mini fix+ which is only $12 I think. I don't even foil shadows and stuff that often anyways to really worry about it and have a mini bottle of Avene mineral water that I got for free that can do the job. If ir works for you and you like it, great! I just see it as gimmicky. It's primer WATER, is there even much in it thats beneficial?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After hearing Casey Holmes rave about this so much on her channel and knowing that she has the same skin type as me (oily as heck) as well as being sensitive with redness (just like me!) I knew I needed to give this bad boy a go. It's a very light mist that doesn't make the skin super drenched when first applied, only lightly damp. It dries really quickly which prevents the skin from being oily but also leaves the skin feeling so soft. It feels so refreshing and cooling without the use of menthol and I find that it actually calms my skin down a lot...I'm much less red and irritated after I spray this. My makeup ends up going on so smooth and the cakieness I usually get after foundation application is no more. Since I do balance out my skin every night by using a really thick cream I lightly spray this all over my face and neck every morning after cleansing even if I'm not wearing any makeup just to soothe my skin again and give me some light weight hydration without the grease. Although expensive, it's an amazing product that is now a staple in my makeup and morning skincare routine.

on 5/7/2017 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Like this as both a light primer and a setting spray. I got it first in a sample size, sprayed a little on my face once, thought it felt nice and then I forgot all about it. I was using Max fix plus to set my make up and I didn't think a watery spray would make a very good primer so I really couldn't think of a use for this Smashbox primer water. Then one day I was only going to put on some tinted moisturizer and I don't use primer under my tinted moisturizer but just before I put it on I thought my skin was a little dehydrated and dry. I was too lazy to go to my bathroom to put on some hydrating gel so I just dug around in my cosmetics and this little bottle of primer water caught my eye so I sprayed it on my face and skin instantly felt plumbed and less itchy/dry. Then I applied my tinted moisturizer and it went on beautifully.

It is very similar to Mac fix plus but I feel like the Smashbox water has just a little more substance to it. I sprayed Smashbox on the back of one hand and Mac fix plus on the back of the other and they both felt very similar going on and drying down but after about five minutes I noticed that the hand that had Smashbox water on it felt and looked smoother. The Smashbox pump also puts out a finer mist that spreads out more and dries faster. Still it is twice the price of Mac fix plus and I'm not sure it's twice as good. I may or may not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very similar to MAC Fix+ it almost smells the same to. This is very wet and does not do anything really, I would recommend fix+ over this and it's also cheaper.

on 8/18/2016 7:04:00 AM

I've been using the Smashbox primer water on and off for about 3 months. I keep going back to it but it just doesn't work for me. The Mac fix+ is far superior and cheaper. Smashbox primer water is basically water. It didn't do anything to help my makeup look more dewy or last longer. I've tried it on a damp beauty blender to apply foundation and it didn't do anything different that if I had just used water. I still have half a bottle left and I'm just going to give it away. It's a disappointing product.

on 8/17/2016 5:54:00 AM

After all the hype on Youtube about this product a while ago, I bought a full size of it. I agree that it´s useful to slightly dampen the skin or the beautyblender before applying foundation, and for spraying it on top of the makeup at the end to make it look less powdery and more glowy. But these are things that are also just as well doable with MAC Fix+ or many other, cheaper alternatives – I guess even some spray-on toners! I can´t say for sure if my makeup lasts longer when I use this, which means – if it makes a difference in longevity, it´s only an insignificant one. It took me a really long time to use the bottle up, so a little goes a long way, but I won´t repurchase because I found it somewhat average.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Never would have looked twice at this if it was not on sale at Ulta. What a great, pleasant surprise this turned out to be!

I use this as a setting spray, and it just makes my makeup look seamless and....photo ready!!! I do not detect a scent (thank goodness!) and it does not irritate my sensitive skin. It also absorbs quickly into the skin and does not leave those little annoying water droplets like some similar sprays do. So many sprays either you get nothing if you spray too far or you feel like you have water drops dripping if I spray too close. This sprays very evenly, and a nice fine mist. I will say the bottle is kind of cheap looking, but it does perform some serious magic!

Sprays evenly and I do not get 'water drops' on my face like I do with many setting sprays (and I have tried just about all of them, pretty much gave up on them, that is why I never bothered to look at this one until it was on sale), and this also dries faster than most setting sprays that I have tried, because it is an even, fine mist.

Also, for me, it prevents the 'cake makeup' look, it hydrates but not 'too much'....yet what is *supposed* to stay matte, stays matte and this does not make me look shiny. I think this will also be nice as a cooling spray for the upcoming hot humid summer months. Very happy with my purchase. Would recommend if someone was in the market for this type of spray.

I did take a lippie off however, because for me, this did not perform what I think a 'primer' should do, and that is to make makeup last longer and/or bring out the colors more, and this did neither of that for me. But when you have 'primer' in your name, I am going to rate you as a primer, obviously!! But as a setting spray, I think this is amazing!!! I use the Smashbox poreless primer anyway, so I still *do* use a primer when I need/want one. I just use this as a setting spray, and I am very, very happy with it!!

Not a necessity in life or a makeup drawer, but definitely makes things nicer. Would re-purchase if it goes on sale again, but it is a BIT pricey for what it is, imo. But it is the best setting spray that I have tried, and I think I have tried them all, certainly ones comparable in price and even a couple d/s ones. So again, not something I think is absolutely necessary in a makeup arsenal, but I would definitely re-purchase on sale. So I marked yes, I would re-purchase!! :)

on 4/1/2016 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Like what does this product even do? I only got it because it was 50% off. When I first saw it advertised I figured it was just water, and I should have gone with my gut. I haven't noticed any difference in how my makeup looks. I spray it on after moisturizer, rub it in a little to make sure it got everywhere, then let it dry. Does nothing. And I don't use it as a setting spray because my UD All Nighter might see me and get mad.

The spray is really nice, very powerful and mist..y? But don't waste your money. I'll try a different primer when this is gone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Not my favorite product that's for sure. Once I sprayed this, I went to look in the mirror and my face was so red and looked like an oil slick immediately. I do not have a huge problem with oily skin. Sometimes my t zone gets shiny as the day goes on, but this made my WHOLE face look like I was sweating bullets. I made sure to hold the bottle far away before spraying and I still got this effect. I haven't really had any luck with skin sprays. Mac fix + is the only one Ive found that works on me. The whole UD skindinavia line didn't work for me either. If this works for you then great! Unfortunately this was a miss for me..