Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.4

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

I haven't tried this as a traditional primer, instead use it as a setting spray. I still have oily skin at my age along with fine lines and wrinkles and pores and broken capillaries - but I don't like to look "made up." Powder foundations look chalky and dry and after trying what seems like every liquid foundation in the universe, I haven't found one compatible with my skin. Enter Primer Water. After applying my powder foundation and everything but mascara, I spritz this on and my chalky powder foundation absolutely transforms. I've tried other setting sprays, simple sprayed on water and they either feel like shellac or cause my foundation to "separate" for lack of a better word. This stuff is magic and works just as well following a mid-day blotting paper touch up. My skin looks dewy and plump and my foundation looks like skin. As with all of Smashbox, it's a bit spendy, but I will not stray unless a legit dupe comes along.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very light primer. But I prefer a lotion based or gel based one that does the job better. This primer doesn’t hold makeup very well, if I perspire a little around the nose and use a tissue to lightly absorb, the foundation moves. Also I hate waiting for the primer to dry on my face. It’s expensive but lasts you very Long. Won’t repurchase

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I honestly didn’t think I’d like this but I do. It’s light and still effective. The only other Smashbox primer I’ve liked so far is the Primerizer, all of the other primers they have do not suit my skin at all. The primer water feels light and refreshing and leaves a soft finish on the skin, not sticky or tacky which I personally do not enjoy. Is it better than Too Faced HangoveRX 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray? No, but it’s not any less effective either, and it can also be used to refresh or set makeup in addition to priming the skin. Both products are nearly identical in price but differ in fragrance. I didn’t notice a scent with the Smashbox primer however TF’s version does smell like coconut. I prefer both of these to say a MAC Fix+ type product, but that’s just a personal preference.

on 6/19/2017 4:32:00 PM

Not worth it to me. I actually bought a travel size ($16!!) in December but took it back without using it because i'm like what do I REALLY need this for? My friend had a sample size and didn't like it so she gave it to me. I haven't used it as a makeup base, I don't see it working for that. I sprayed it on my makeup to set one day when I didn't want to waste my UD all nighter. It was okay for this I guess but I still prefer UD All nighter. I loaded my brush with UD midnight cowboy the other day and sprayed this on, gave a nice effect and I really liked it but I can just use water (mineral, tap lol) the cheap ELF setting spray or even buy a mini fix+ which is only $12 I think. I don't even foil shadows and stuff that often anyways to really worry about it and have a mini bottle of Avene mineral water that I got for free that can do the job. If ir works for you and you like it, great! I just see it as gimmicky. It's primer WATER, is there even much in it thats beneficial?

on 6/19/2017 7:48:00 AM

I use it both as a primer and as a setting spray and I like it very much. It feels great on my skin!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for several weeks. I like the feel on the skin, especially in the summer when makeup seems to melt off int he heat. I have sprayed it on during the day, but I do not think it refreshes my makeup, and using Evian would be just as helpful. It seems to agree with all the foundations I wear in the summer and does not cause them to pill. It does not give you that smooth silicone feel like Hourglass or regular silicone based primer, so if your skin has alot of texture, I would choose something else. Overall, for summer and for me its OK.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After hearing Casey Holmes rave about this so much on her channel and knowing that she has the same skin type as me (oily as heck) as well as being sensitive with redness (just like me!) I knew I needed to give this bad boy a go. It's a very light mist that doesn't make the skin super drenched when first applied, only lightly damp. It dries really quickly which prevents the skin from being oily but also leaves the skin feeling so soft. It feels so refreshing and cooling without the use of menthol and I find that it actually calms my skin down a lot...I'm much less red and irritated after I spray this. My makeup ends up going on so smooth and the cakieness I usually get after foundation application is no more. Since I do balance out my skin every night by using a really thick cream I lightly spray this all over my face and neck every morning after cleansing even if I'm not wearing any makeup just to soothe my skin again and give me some light weight hydration without the grease. Although expensive, it's an amazing product that is now a staple in my makeup and morning skincare routine.

on 12/30/2016 10:23:00 AM

After using half a bottle, I have a love/hate relationship with this primer!! This is a good primer, not great, but good! I use it under Bareminerals Bareskin. I really like the packaging. The spray is a very fine mist. My complaint with this product is there is something in it that causes breakouts for me big time!! Took me forever to figure it out but it's this primer!! I don't have acne prone skin but there is something in this my skin does not like!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very similar to MAC Fix+ it almost smells the same to. This is very wet and does not do anything really, I would recommend fix+ over this and it's also cheaper.

on 8/17/2016 5:54:00 AM

After all the hype on Youtube about this product a while ago, I bought a full size of it. I agree that it´s useful to slightly dampen the skin or the beautyblender before applying foundation, and for spraying it on top of the makeup at the end to make it look less powdery and more glowy. But these are things that are also just as well doable with MAC Fix+ or many other, cheaper alternatives – I guess even some spray-on toners! I can´t say for sure if my makeup lasts longer when I use this, which means – if it makes a difference in longevity, it´s only an insignificant one. It took me a really long time to use the bottle up, so a little goes a long way, but I won´t repurchase because I found it somewhat average.