Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

4.5

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After hearing Casey Holmes rave about this so much on her channel and knowing that she has the same skin type as me (oily as heck) as well as being sensitive with redness (just like me!) I knew I needed to give this bad boy a go. It's a very light mist that doesn't make the skin super drenched when first applied, only lightly damp. It dries really quickly which prevents the skin from being oily but also leaves the skin feeling so soft. It feels so refreshing and cooling without the use of menthol and I find that it actually calms my skin down a lot...I'm much less red and irritated after I spray this. My makeup ends up going on so smooth and the cakieness I usually get after foundation application is no more. Since I do balance out my skin every night by using a really thick cream I lightly spray this all over my face and neck every morning after cleansing even if I'm not wearing any makeup just to soothe my skin again and give me some light weight hydration without the grease. Although expensive, it's an amazing product that is now a staple in my makeup and morning skincare routine.

on 7/23/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I have been using it as a primer instead of as a setting spray, and so far I like this product. With the sample size, it takes a few targeted sprays to cover the face, and it does to take a minute or so to dry. Once it dried, my face did feel hydrated but not oily (my skin is naturally very oily). Makeup went on easily after it, and I did get the sensation that it was "locked in" without dryness. It did in fact keep my makeup looking good throughout the majority of the day, and even though it doesn't say that this is a purpose of the product in the description, my skin was not as oily when using this product. Makeup did still come off easily if I brushed my face against something, though, and this didn't do anything in the way of covering pores or scarring (again, it's not intended to). I'm interested to try this as a setting spray, too. I've finished my sample, but I would definitely buy the full size product.