Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.8

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 7/24/2016 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this product after a lot of girls recommended it to me. it's a reallly nice, light and hydrating mist that makes your face feel really fresh if you use it as a primer and it sticks down those tiny hairs on your face as a setting spray.
however! i also own mac charged water spray and i was really disappointed to find out it is the exact. same. product. all the ingredients are the same yet macs is about $20 cheaper.
overall there is nothing wrong with this product but it's not really a fantastic setting spray and i can't justify the price.

on 3/5/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been through two travel size bottles of this and I have to say, just save your money and buy a cheaper primer. I think for priming purposes, it's not as good as a cream/gel primer. This did come in handy when I was in a hurry and just needed to get out the door. I'd spray my face, then brush my teeth while it dried, then start makeup. But otherwise, I'm much happier with a regular primer and won't purchase this in full size.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I live in the deep South and make-up rarely ever stays on for long during the summer months (don't even get me started on the eyeshadow creases). This product is nothing short of AMAZING!! My make-up stays on all day and all night. I also have very oily skin, but this stuff adds no additional oils to my face. It's oil, alcohol, and silicone free! I even made the bridal party in my best friend's wedding use this and not one girl had to reapply her make-up the entire time!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Transdermal magneisum chloride is extremely beneficial for the skin. But what I'm concerned with is the addition of calcium chloride. Is this causing more harm than good? I do find this soothing, light and hydrating. .. all without feeling heavy like other setting sprays that contain castor oil or glycerin (glycerin always tends to dry my skin out eventually) but with the calcium in it im unsure if this is a good option long term. I do feel like this has slightly lightened my hyperpigmented ezcema scarring after a day of use (perhaps the increased hydration?)

Regardless, I work in a dry office and will use this to refresh my skin throughout the day. Bought the travel size for a test run. Will update at a later date.

on 6/26/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Got this as a sample and couldn't figure out what to do with it. Like was it a toner, primer, setting spray, skin refresher?!? Was it similar to my MAC Fix+? Did some digging and found out it's a 3 in 1 liquid primer. I've used Smashbox primer for years and I was game for something new. I pumped a couple of spritzes on my face and it felt light and didn't smell heavily scented nor like a chemical. I tried it on a humid Saturday night out wearing full makeup. I did use regular Smashbox primer underneath because I was to chicken. Now I'm a Urban Decay All Nighter kinda gal so I was leery this wouldn't hold it's weight for at least 5 hours. The mist feels finer than the UD but it definitely held it's own. I didn't see my face completely melt off in the hot weather + dancing. I bought the full sized bottle and yeah it's pricey but I think it's worth it. Going to pick up the travel sized bottle because it's worth it to have on hand for that end of the day pick me up say between work and happy hour (ok maybe that's just me).