Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.9

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 11/4/2018 10:16:00 PM

This works great for dry sensitive skin!
I tried this on a whim and I love it! I have almost finished a full size bottle - it cost 37 dollars but it has lasted 6mths with daily use and I spritz at least 4 or 5 pumps on my face each time. Plus I still have about 2 oz. Left in the bottle. So I would say it's a good value.
I have used it over stick foundation, powder foundation, and tinted moisturizers and it works great over all of them. Sometimes I walk in the bathroom and just spritz some on my face to refresh my makeup throughout the day. I do of course close my eyes while spraying but it has not caused any eye or under eye irritation. I have very sensitive skin and eyes and have had zero reaction to this product. It really seals my makeup in place and helps it stay all day. When using a powder foundation (which I rarely ever do!) I use my dry beauty blender to press this spray into my skin helping peach fuzz lay flat and not hold powder.
I will definitely continue using this primer spray.
I have dry, sensitive, aging skin for reference.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I honestly didn’t think I’d like this but I do. It’s light and still effective. The only other Smashbox primer I’ve liked so far is the Primerizer, all of the other primers they have do not suit my skin at all. The primer water feels light and refreshing and leaves a soft finish on the skin, not sticky or tacky which I personally do not enjoy. Is it better than Too Faced HangoveRX 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray? No, but it’s not any less effective either, and it can also be used to refresh or set makeup in addition to priming the skin. Both products are nearly identical in price but differ in fragrance. I didn’t notice a scent with the Smashbox primer however TF’s version does smell like coconut. I prefer both of these to say a MAC Fix+ type product, but that’s just a personal preference.

on 3/23/2018 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to make my make up last as I'm not one to do frequent touch ups. However with all the layers of skincare and sunscreen I figured the last thing I needed on my skin was a layer of primer. So I was intrigued when I saw this water based spray, more so as I live in the humid tropics. Unfortunately it did nothing for me as a primer. It was better as a setting spray but even then I get much better results with UD's All Nighter. And I wanted a pick me up I preferred using Caudalie's Beauty Elixir. The only plus point for me was that as it's a water based spray it will last ages.

on 1/20/2018 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry skin and I don't like silicony or cream based primer, so I opted for this. I didn't expect much at first, but it did wonders with my foundation application the first time I tried it. I need all the hydration I can get and my foundation glides on smoothly and more radiant with this primer underneath. I don't normally use this as a setting spray, but you can definitely do that for added glow. Recommended.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This works beautifully on my skin. I didn't know what to expect, but a beauty manager recommended it to me and I took her word for it...so glad I did. I use this after my moisturizer, and before my foundation, and it both provides a great primer for my foundation while giving me extra glow. Like other reviewers, I read the ingredients and wasn't impressed...but I can't argue with the performance. It works for me, and I also sometimes use it to set my makeup at the end of my application. I just wish it wasn't a spray, as I like to be a bit more precise in my primer application.

on 8/31/2017 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My primer obsessed teen daughter begged me to buy this for her, and once I read the ingredients, I regretted it. Water, caffeine, diamond powder, lemon oil and LOADS of preservatives. I don't see it as a primer, but it's fine as a setting spray. What a rip!!

on 6/19/2017 7:48:00 AM

I use it both as a primer and as a setting spray and I like it very much. It feels great on my skin!

on 10/13/2016 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I usually spray this on to give my skin a little more hydration. It helps makeup stick a little better. However, I've heard that Mac Fix + is better and cheaper so I'll try that out too. I definitely don't think it's necessary... just a nice little extra step.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very similar to MAC Fix+ it almost smells the same to. This is very wet and does not do anything really, I would recommend fix+ over this and it's also cheaper.

on 6/6/2016 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

About the only positive for this is the packaging and how finely and powerfully the mist sprays out of the bottle. I have normal to dry skin & because I'm getting into my late 30s I need to use a line/pore filling primer in areas of my face - the silicon in such primers often makes my foundation sit funny on my skin or seem like it hasn't "stuck" to my skin. When I saw a youtuber use this primer water over top of a siliconey pore filling primer to help her makeup stick, I thought all my problems were solved.

Sadly, this was not the case. This product actually seems to dry my skin out terribly when used in this manner as well as when used over the top of makeup as a setting spray. I did my normal skin care routine, waited 30 minutes for my moisturiser to sink in as normal, applied my pore/line filling primer as normal, waited for it to dry then misted the primer water over top, allowing it to dry before applying my (Armani Luminous Silk) foundation. My face felt immediately tight and dry, and as the day wore on my foundation turned into dry, scaly looking patches on my face! Never seen any product do this before.

I tried again using my much loved Too Faced Hangover primer underneath for extra moisture and tried a different foundation (Too Faced Born This Way) - it was just as bad. I am so confused how a product that everyone seems to find so hydrating can cause my skin to look like a snake skin :( I don't know what I'm doing wrong but feel like I've tried it in different ways with different product combos with the same results so it must just be my skin? I will be returning this product.