Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.0

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 6/13/2017 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Got a 30ml deluxe size of this primer water for SGD$25 and totally regretting it because I could have gotten quadruple the volume for just about twice the price point so... Anyways I'm loving this one, I have had a love-hate relationship with primers, some (I feel) did nothing for my skin and cost nukes to buy and some I feel were decent substitutes for toners and moisturizers and did not explicitly improve the spreadability, blendability and adeherence of my makeup on my skin so I had entirely banished primers from my makeup routine for a while, it was until a friend recommended this as "better than fix+" that I felt compelled to buy a primer (again) to complement my recent investment in a higher end foundation.

Pros:
- Did all of the above, I found that my makeup stayed on flawlessly for longer, and my skin felt immediately invigorated. This however is not meant to be a substitute to anyone's hydration skincare routine, just an added measure to ensure you're doing all you can to hydrate if you have savannah-like dry skin like I do.
- Gentle on eyes, mine have never been irritated by this product.

Cons:
- I cannot seem to ignore the chemical smell that comes with this one. ):
- for a price point so much higher than Mac Fix+ I was determined to find as many pros for Smashbox as I could over Mac, but I couldn't. Both seemed to work just as well, with Smashbox marginally better for my skin.
- It also claims to be usable AFTER makeup, as a refresh on the go. I found this to be untrue on my skin, it did not work at all as a setting spray nor a refresh spritz, it simply broke down my makeup if I sprayed it on after I was done with the entire affair so... did not manage to kill two birds with one purchase thus am a teeny bit upset with this one.

on 4/24/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product. My skin is so dry, and no matter how great my foundation starts out, it gets cakey/seperates in a couple of hours into my day. I thought this was my solution! Unfortunately, this was a total fail for me. It didn't refresh my makeup; I think it actually made it worse! So, I tried it before my makeup as a primer. Nope. It gave no longevity to my foundation, it seemed like I had skipped primer altogether. I am truly bewildered with all of the positive reviews for this product. Total waste of money.

on 2/12/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this but not really sure about it's priming abilities. What I find this helpful for is more of a hydrating, alcohol free setting spray, very similar to MAC Fix Plus. I still think a normal primer is necessary, but this is still a nice spray.