Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.1

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 11/4/2018 10:16:00 PM

This works great for dry sensitive skin!
I tried this on a whim and I love it! I have almost finished a full size bottle - it cost 37 dollars but it has lasted 6mths with daily use and I spritz at least 4 or 5 pumps on my face each time. Plus I still have about 2 oz. Left in the bottle. So I would say it's a good value.
I have used it over stick foundation, powder foundation, and tinted moisturizers and it works great over all of them. Sometimes I walk in the bathroom and just spritz some on my face to refresh my makeup throughout the day. I do of course close my eyes while spraying but it has not caused any eye or under eye irritation. I have very sensitive skin and eyes and have had zero reaction to this product. It really seals my makeup in place and helps it stay all day. When using a powder foundation (which I rarely ever do!) I use my dry beauty blender to press this spray into my skin helping peach fuzz lay flat and not hold powder.
I will definitely continue using this primer spray.
I have dry, sensitive, aging skin for reference.

Like other reviewers, I used this more as a setting spray than a primer. It's not the "hairspray for your face" kind of spray but just something to set powder, bring everything together, etc. (I viewed it like Mac Fix+). It's fine for that purpose. I don't really like the scent when first applied but it dissipates quickly. The mist is good -- not too strong and not too fine that you have to spray a ton. The price is the main killer for me -- $32 (over $8/oz.) is not worth it for a product I don't love!

on 8/31/2017 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My primer obsessed teen daughter begged me to buy this for her, and once I read the ingredients, I regretted it. Water, caffeine, diamond powder, lemon oil and LOADS of preservatives. I don't see it as a primer, but it's fine as a setting spray. What a rip!!

on 7/4/2017 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really wanted to love this primer/setting spray/makeup re freshening spray. For me, did nothing as a primer. Okay as setting spray, but due to cost will not repurchase. No smell to the product, good it one is sensitive for fragrance. Will stick to smashbox photofinish silicone base primers for my combination skin.

on 6/13/2017 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Got a 30ml deluxe size of this primer water for SGD$25 and totally regretting it because I could have gotten quadruple the volume for just about twice the price point so... Anyways I'm loving this one, I have had a love-hate relationship with primers, some (I feel) did nothing for my skin and cost nukes to buy and some I feel were decent substitutes for toners and moisturizers and did not explicitly improve the spreadability, blendability and adeherence of my makeup on my skin so I had entirely banished primers from my makeup routine for a while, it was until a friend recommended this as "better than fix+" that I felt compelled to buy a primer (again) to complement my recent investment in a higher end foundation.

Pros:
- Did all of the above, I found that my makeup stayed on flawlessly for longer, and my skin felt immediately invigorated. This however is not meant to be a substitute to anyone's hydration skincare routine, just an added measure to ensure you're doing all you can to hydrate if you have savannah-like dry skin like I do.
- Gentle on eyes, mine have never been irritated by this product.

Cons:
- I cannot seem to ignore the chemical smell that comes with this one. ):
- for a price point so much higher than Mac Fix+ I was determined to find as many pros for Smashbox as I could over Mac, but I couldn't. Both seemed to work just as well, with Smashbox marginally better for my skin.
- It also claims to be usable AFTER makeup, as a refresh on the go. I found this to be untrue on my skin, it did not work at all as a setting spray nor a refresh spritz, it simply broke down my makeup if I sprayed it on after I was done with the entire affair so... did not manage to kill two birds with one purchase thus am a teeny bit upset with this one.

on 2/28/2017 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This did literally nothing at all, I just used it up for the sake of using it. Might as well have been spraying expensive water on my face.

on 8/18/2016 7:04:00 AM

I've been using the Smashbox primer water on and off for about 3 months. I keep going back to it but it just doesn't work for me. The Mac fix+ is far superior and cheaper. Smashbox primer water is basically water. It didn't do anything to help my makeup look more dewy or last longer. I've tried it on a damp beauty blender to apply foundation and it didn't do anything different that if I had just used water. I still have half a bottle left and I'm just going to give it away. It's a disappointing product.

on 6/6/2016 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

About the only positive for this is the packaging and how finely and powerfully the mist sprays out of the bottle. I have normal to dry skin & because I'm getting into my late 30s I need to use a line/pore filling primer in areas of my face - the silicon in such primers often makes my foundation sit funny on my skin or seem like it hasn't "stuck" to my skin. When I saw a youtuber use this primer water over top of a siliconey pore filling primer to help her makeup stick, I thought all my problems were solved.

Sadly, this was not the case. This product actually seems to dry my skin out terribly when used in this manner as well as when used over the top of makeup as a setting spray. I did my normal skin care routine, waited 30 minutes for my moisturiser to sink in as normal, applied my pore/line filling primer as normal, waited for it to dry then misted the primer water over top, allowing it to dry before applying my (Armani Luminous Silk) foundation. My face felt immediately tight and dry, and as the day wore on my foundation turned into dry, scaly looking patches on my face! Never seen any product do this before.

I tried again using my much loved Too Faced Hangover primer underneath for extra moisture and tried a different foundation (Too Faced Born This Way) - it was just as bad. I am so confused how a product that everyone seems to find so hydrating can cause my skin to look like a snake skin :( I don't know what I'm doing wrong but feel like I've tried it in different ways with different product combos with the same results so it must just be my skin? I will be returning this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was really skeptical about this spray primer, which struck me as sort of gimmicky. But I'm now a believer. I purchased a trial size at Sephora and plan to buy the full size once I use up at least one of the primers I currently have "on rotation". I honestly did not think this spray would work as a primer but it totally does. I apply either on my cleansed but otherwise bare face or overtop moisturizer (depending on what foundation I plan to use on top of this). For starters, it is a lovely "wake up" spritz that feels so nice and refreshing. But it also makes a fabulous finish for whatever I apply on top...liquid foundation or CC cream both apply beautifully. What surprised me the most, though, was just how terrific my makeup, applied at 6 a.m., looked at 6 p.m. - it looked absolutely perfect with the exception of a bit of wear on the tip of my nose, but that's probably from nose-blowing (TMI, I know). I haven't yet tried it with powder/mineral foundations nor have I tried it as a setting spray but I plan to test out both of these some weekend or evening, when the results, if not great, won't matter too much. Great product from Smashbox. Now I want to try their Primer Oil (which explains exactly why I have too many primers on rotation right now!).

This is a great product for freshing up your make up look after a few hours, I would not use it as a primer though as it doesn't seem to do much for me.