Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.5

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

I haven't tried this as a traditional primer, instead use it as a setting spray. I still have oily skin at my age along with fine lines and wrinkles and pores and broken capillaries - but I don't like to look "made up." Powder foundations look chalky and dry and after trying what seems like every liquid foundation in the universe, I haven't found one compatible with my skin. Enter Primer Water. After applying my powder foundation and everything but mascara, I spritz this on and my chalky powder foundation absolutely transforms. I've tried other setting sprays, simple sprayed on water and they either feel like shellac or cause my foundation to "separate" for lack of a better word. This stuff is magic and works just as well following a mid-day blotting paper touch up. My skin looks dewy and plump and my foundation looks like skin. As with all of Smashbox, it's a bit spendy, but I will not stray unless a legit dupe comes along.

on 11/4/2018 10:16:00 PM

This works great for dry sensitive skin!
I tried this on a whim and I love it! I have almost finished a full size bottle - it cost 37 dollars but it has lasted 6mths with daily use and I spritz at least 4 or 5 pumps on my face each time. Plus I still have about 2 oz. Left in the bottle. So I would say it's a good value.
I have used it over stick foundation, powder foundation, and tinted moisturizers and it works great over all of them. Sometimes I walk in the bathroom and just spritz some on my face to refresh my makeup throughout the day. I do of course close my eyes while spraying but it has not caused any eye or under eye irritation. I have very sensitive skin and eyes and have had zero reaction to this product. It really seals my makeup in place and helps it stay all day. When using a powder foundation (which I rarely ever do!) I use my dry beauty blender to press this spray into my skin helping peach fuzz lay flat and not hold powder.
I will definitely continue using this primer spray.
I have dry, sensitive, aging skin for reference.

on 1/20/2018 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry skin and I don't like silicony or cream based primer, so I opted for this. I didn't expect much at first, but it did wonders with my foundation application the first time I tried it. I need all the hydration I can get and my foundation glides on smoothly and more radiant with this primer underneath. I don't normally use this as a setting spray, but you can definitely do that for added glow. Recommended.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This works beautifully on my skin. I didn't know what to expect, but a beauty manager recommended it to me and I took her word for it...so glad I did. I use this after my moisturizer, and before my foundation, and it both provides a great primer for my foundation while giving me extra glow. Like other reviewers, I read the ingredients and wasn't impressed...but I can't argue with the performance. It works for me, and I also sometimes use it to set my makeup at the end of my application. I just wish it wasn't a spray, as I like to be a bit more precise in my primer application.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After hearing Casey Holmes rave about this so much on her channel and knowing that she has the same skin type as me (oily as heck) as well as being sensitive with redness (just like me!) I knew I needed to give this bad boy a go. It's a very light mist that doesn't make the skin super drenched when first applied, only lightly damp. It dries really quickly which prevents the skin from being oily but also leaves the skin feeling so soft. It feels so refreshing and cooling without the use of menthol and I find that it actually calms my skin down a lot...I'm much less red and irritated after I spray this. My makeup ends up going on so smooth and the cakieness I usually get after foundation application is no more. Since I do balance out my skin every night by using a really thick cream I lightly spray this all over my face and neck every morning after cleansing even if I'm not wearing any makeup just to soothe my skin again and give me some light weight hydration without the grease. Although expensive, it's an amazing product that is now a staple in my makeup and morning skincare routine.

on 4/6/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

One of my favorite products! This spray leaves my face looking fresh and flawless all day. The only con is the price because I use it just about everyday.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

When I saw the hype around this product I swore it was the most gimmicky thing I had ever seen. I have tried so many setting sprays who claim to do a similar thing as this primer water and I have been disappointed every single time. My skin type is combination, where my nose and forehead are incredibly oily and the rest of my face is pretty normal. I have tried tons of different foundations, primers and setting sprays combined and nothing could endure the wrath of my oily nose. However, this my makeup friends, has won the battle. The ONLY product that can handle my oily nose is MAC Prolongwear foundation, however I have like 2948483 other foundations sitting in my drawer that look beautiful when I first apply it, then after a few hours are defeated by my oiliness. In the drawer they go and stay... To truly see if this primer water lived up to its claim, I used the one foundation that has let me down time and time again. Too Faced Born This Way foundation literally cannot not tolerate my oily nose after two hours. The makeup is completely gone off my nose by that time and the rest of my face gets pretty oily and my redness comes peaking through. AFTER ONLY 2 HOURS. I had tried this foundation with every primer and setting spray under the sun and to no avail, it continued to suck. So I brought it out of the shadows and used it with this primer water and YOU GUYS. MY MAKEUP WAS FLAWLESS ALL DAY. Just like it looked when I first applied. 8+ hours of wear and omg the foundation is on my nose, no breaking up, no caking up. Not only was it still perfectly in tact on my nose, there wasn't a sea of oil layered on top of my nose. My oils were sealed in under that amazing primer water where they should be. My skin had a nice natural glow to it after 8+ hours and looked vibrant and clean. Seriously, I am so amazed you guys. It's not a gimmick, this stuff works. Can't wait to try this with other foundations that have let me down. This primer water was definitely worth every penny!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was really skeptical about this spray primer, which struck me as sort of gimmicky. But I'm now a believer. I purchased a trial size at Sephora and plan to buy the full size once I use up at least one of the primers I currently have "on rotation". I honestly did not think this spray would work as a primer but it totally does. I apply either on my cleansed but otherwise bare face or overtop moisturizer (depending on what foundation I plan to use on top of this). For starters, it is a lovely "wake up" spritz that feels so nice and refreshing. But it also makes a fabulous finish for whatever I apply on top...liquid foundation or CC cream both apply beautifully. What surprised me the most, though, was just how terrific my makeup, applied at 6 a.m., looked at 6 p.m. - it looked absolutely perfect with the exception of a bit of wear on the tip of my nose, but that's probably from nose-blowing (TMI, I know). I haven't yet tried it with powder/mineral foundations nor have I tried it as a setting spray but I plan to test out both of these some weekend or evening, when the results, if not great, won't matter too much. Great product from Smashbox. Now I want to try their Primer Oil (which explains exactly why I have too many primers on rotation right now!).

on 4/1/2016 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

One of the best primers out I use this before and after makeup application. Really locks in your makeup and helps for a smoother application process. Kinda of expensive but worth the money

Can't live without this!