Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.5

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 7/2/2018 5:31:00 PM

I love Smashbox primers, but this one is my favorite. I normally use it in the summer and it helps my foundation adhere very well and I love how light it feels since it is a spray. I also use this as a finishing spray after I apply setting powder. It's expensive, but works very well so I will continue to repurchase (I am on my 5th bottle).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I honestly didn’t think I’d like this but I do. It’s light and still effective. The only other Smashbox primer I’ve liked so far is the Primerizer, all of the other primers they have do not suit my skin at all. The primer water feels light and refreshing and leaves a soft finish on the skin, not sticky or tacky which I personally do not enjoy. Is it better than Too Faced HangoveRX 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray? No, but it’s not any less effective either, and it can also be used to refresh or set makeup in addition to priming the skin. Both products are nearly identical in price but differ in fragrance. I didn’t notice a scent with the Smashbox primer however TF’s version does smell like coconut. I prefer both of these to say a MAC Fix+ type product, but that’s just a personal preference.

Like other reviewers, I used this more as a setting spray than a primer. It's not the "hairspray for your face" kind of spray but just something to set powder, bring everything together, etc. (I viewed it like Mac Fix+). It's fine for that purpose. I don't really like the scent when first applied but it dissipates quickly. The mist is good -- not too strong and not too fine that you have to spray a ton. The price is the main killer for me -- $32 (over $8/oz.) is not worth it for a product I don't love!

on 3/23/2018 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to make my make up last as I'm not one to do frequent touch ups. However with all the layers of skincare and sunscreen I figured the last thing I needed on my skin was a layer of primer. So I was intrigued when I saw this water based spray, more so as I live in the humid tropics. Unfortunately it did nothing for me as a primer. It was better as a setting spray but even then I get much better results with UD's All Nighter. And I wanted a pick me up I preferred using Caudalie's Beauty Elixir. The only plus point for me was that as it's a water based spray it will last ages.

on 1/20/2018 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry skin and I don't like silicony or cream based primer, so I opted for this. I didn't expect much at first, but it did wonders with my foundation application the first time I tried it. I need all the hydration I can get and my foundation glides on smoothly and more radiant with this primer underneath. I don't normally use this as a setting spray, but you can definitely do that for added glow. Recommended.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This works beautifully on my skin. I didn't know what to expect, but a beauty manager recommended it to me and I took her word for it...so glad I did. I use this after my moisturizer, and before my foundation, and it both provides a great primer for my foundation while giving me extra glow. Like other reviewers, I read the ingredients and wasn't impressed...but I can't argue with the performance. It works for me, and I also sometimes use it to set my makeup at the end of my application. I just wish it wasn't a spray, as I like to be a bit more precise in my primer application.

on 8/31/2017 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My primer obsessed teen daughter begged me to buy this for her, and once I read the ingredients, I regretted it. Water, caffeine, diamond powder, lemon oil and LOADS of preservatives. I don't see it as a primer, but it's fine as a setting spray. What a rip!!

on 7/4/2017 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really wanted to love this primer/setting spray/makeup re freshening spray. For me, did nothing as a primer. Okay as setting spray, but due to cost will not repurchase. No smell to the product, good it one is sensitive for fragrance. Will stick to smashbox photofinish silicone base primers for my combination skin.

on 6/19/2017 4:32:00 PM

Not worth it to me. I actually bought a travel size ($16!!) in December but took it back without using it because i'm like what do I REALLY need this for? My friend had a sample size and didn't like it so she gave it to me. I haven't used it as a makeup base, I don't see it working for that. I sprayed it on my makeup to set one day when I didn't want to waste my UD all nighter. It was okay for this I guess but I still prefer UD All nighter. I loaded my brush with UD midnight cowboy the other day and sprayed this on, gave a nice effect and I really liked it but I can just use water (mineral, tap lol) the cheap ELF setting spray or even buy a mini fix+ which is only $12 I think. I don't even foil shadows and stuff that often anyways to really worry about it and have a mini bottle of Avene mineral water that I got for free that can do the job. If ir works for you and you like it, great! I just see it as gimmicky. It's primer WATER, is there even much in it thats beneficial?

on 6/19/2017 7:48:00 AM

I use it both as a primer and as a setting spray and I like it very much. It feels great on my skin!