Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.3

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

I haven't tried this as a traditional primer, instead use it as a setting spray. I still have oily skin at my age along with fine lines and wrinkles and pores and broken capillaries - but I don't like to look "made up." Powder foundations look chalky and dry and after trying what seems like every liquid foundation in the universe, I haven't found one compatible with my skin. Enter Primer Water. After applying my powder foundation and everything but mascara, I spritz this on and my chalky powder foundation absolutely transforms. I've tried other setting sprays, simple sprayed on water and they either feel like shellac or cause my foundation to "separate" for lack of a better word. This stuff is magic and works just as well following a mid-day blotting paper touch up. My skin looks dewy and plump and my foundation looks like skin. As with all of Smashbox, it's a bit spendy, but I will not stray unless a legit dupe comes along.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for several weeks. I like the feel on the skin, especially in the summer when makeup seems to melt off int he heat. I have sprayed it on during the day, but I do not think it refreshes my makeup, and using Evian would be just as helpful. It seems to agree with all the foundations I wear in the summer and does not cause them to pill. It does not give you that smooth silicone feel like Hourglass or regular silicone based primer, so if your skin has alot of texture, I would choose something else. Overall, for summer and for me its OK.

on 2/3/2016 8:04:00 PM

I'm bewildered about this product. I got a small size at Sephora. Basically, it's ... water. On my skin it;s exactly like water. I'm glad it works so well for others, but I won't buy this.