Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by age: 36-43
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.2

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 11/4/2018 10:16:00 PM

This works great for dry sensitive skin!
I tried this on a whim and I love it! I have almost finished a full size bottle - it cost 37 dollars but it has lasted 6mths with daily use and I spritz at least 4 or 5 pumps on my face each time. Plus I still have about 2 oz. Left in the bottle. So I would say it's a good value.
I have used it over stick foundation, powder foundation, and tinted moisturizers and it works great over all of them. Sometimes I walk in the bathroom and just spritz some on my face to refresh my makeup throughout the day. I do of course close my eyes while spraying but it has not caused any eye or under eye irritation. I have very sensitive skin and eyes and have had zero reaction to this product. It really seals my makeup in place and helps it stay all day. When using a powder foundation (which I rarely ever do!) I use my dry beauty blender to press this spray into my skin helping peach fuzz lay flat and not hold powder.
I will definitely continue using this primer spray.
I have dry, sensitive, aging skin for reference.

on 3/23/2018 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to make my make up last as I'm not one to do frequent touch ups. However with all the layers of skincare and sunscreen I figured the last thing I needed on my skin was a layer of primer. So I was intrigued when I saw this water based spray, more so as I live in the humid tropics. Unfortunately it did nothing for me as a primer. It was better as a setting spray but even then I get much better results with UD's All Nighter. And I wanted a pick me up I preferred using Caudalie's Beauty Elixir. The only plus point for me was that as it's a water based spray it will last ages.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This works beautifully on my skin. I didn't know what to expect, but a beauty manager recommended it to me and I took her word for it...so glad I did. I use this after my moisturizer, and before my foundation, and it both provides a great primer for my foundation while giving me extra glow. Like other reviewers, I read the ingredients and wasn't impressed...but I can't argue with the performance. It works for me, and I also sometimes use it to set my makeup at the end of my application. I just wish it wasn't a spray, as I like to be a bit more precise in my primer application.

on 7/4/2017 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really wanted to love this primer/setting spray/makeup re freshening spray. For me, did nothing as a primer. Okay as setting spray, but due to cost will not repurchase. No smell to the product, good it one is sensitive for fragrance. Will stick to smashbox photofinish silicone base primers for my combination skin.

on 12/30/2016 10:23:00 AM

After using half a bottle, I have a love/hate relationship with this primer!! This is a good primer, not great, but good! I use it under Bareminerals Bareskin. I really like the packaging. The spray is a very fine mist. My complaint with this product is there is something in it that causes breakouts for me big time!! Took me forever to figure it out but it's this primer!! I don't have acne prone skin but there is something in this my skin does not like!!

on 8/18/2016 7:04:00 AM

I've been using the Smashbox primer water on and off for about 3 months. I keep going back to it but it just doesn't work for me. The Mac fix+ is far superior and cheaper. Smashbox primer water is basically water. It didn't do anything to help my makeup look more dewy or last longer. I've tried it on a damp beauty blender to apply foundation and it didn't do anything different that if I had just used water. I still have half a bottle left and I'm just going to give it away. It's a disappointing product.

on 8/17/2016 5:54:00 AM

After all the hype on Youtube about this product a while ago, I bought a full size of it. I agree that it´s useful to slightly dampen the skin or the beautyblender before applying foundation, and for spraying it on top of the makeup at the end to make it look less powdery and more glowy. But these are things that are also just as well doable with MAC Fix+ or many other, cheaper alternatives – I guess even some spray-on toners! I can´t say for sure if my makeup lasts longer when I use this, which means – if it makes a difference in longevity, it´s only an insignificant one. It took me a really long time to use the bottle up, so a little goes a long way, but I won´t repurchase because I found it somewhat average.

on 6/6/2016 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

About the only positive for this is the packaging and how finely and powerfully the mist sprays out of the bottle. I have normal to dry skin & because I'm getting into my late 30s I need to use a line/pore filling primer in areas of my face - the silicon in such primers often makes my foundation sit funny on my skin or seem like it hasn't "stuck" to my skin. When I saw a youtuber use this primer water over top of a siliconey pore filling primer to help her makeup stick, I thought all my problems were solved.

Sadly, this was not the case. This product actually seems to dry my skin out terribly when used in this manner as well as when used over the top of makeup as a setting spray. I did my normal skin care routine, waited 30 minutes for my moisturiser to sink in as normal, applied my pore/line filling primer as normal, waited for it to dry then misted the primer water over top, allowing it to dry before applying my (Armani Luminous Silk) foundation. My face felt immediately tight and dry, and as the day wore on my foundation turned into dry, scaly looking patches on my face! Never seen any product do this before.

I tried again using my much loved Too Faced Hangover primer underneath for extra moisture and tried a different foundation (Too Faced Born This Way) - it was just as bad. I am so confused how a product that everyone seems to find so hydrating can cause my skin to look like a snake skin :( I don't know what I'm doing wrong but feel like I've tried it in different ways with different product combos with the same results so it must just be my skin? I will be returning this product.

on 4/24/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product. My skin is so dry, and no matter how great my foundation starts out, it gets cakey/seperates in a couple of hours into my day. I thought this was my solution! Unfortunately, this was a total fail for me. It didn't refresh my makeup; I think it actually made it worse! So, I tried it before my makeup as a primer. Nope. It gave no longevity to my foundation, it seemed like I had skipped primer altogether. I am truly bewildered with all of the positive reviews for this product. Total waste of money.

Can't live without this!