Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by age: 30-35
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.0

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

Like other reviewers, I used this more as a setting spray than a primer. It's not the "hairspray for your face" kind of spray but just something to set powder, bring everything together, etc. (I viewed it like Mac Fix+). It's fine for that purpose. I don't really like the scent when first applied but it dissipates quickly. The mist is good -- not too strong and not too fine that you have to spray a ton. The price is the main killer for me -- $32 (over $8/oz.) is not worth it for a product I don't love!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very similar to MAC Fix+ it almost smells the same to. This is very wet and does not do anything really, I would recommend fix+ over this and it's also cheaper.

on 2/21/2016 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is amazing! Like a lot of people I was thinking that this was a gimmick and a total waste of money so naturally I spayed the tester liberally and kept on playing in Mecca. Then I came across my reflection 5 minutes later and was like *wow!*

I found I had a natural finish and nice glow on top of my usual it cosmetics powder (which is fantastic BTW!!) I tried using other sprays but feel nice but don't do much in the way of setting makeup. My skin becomes super congested if I use anything with silicone in it so this is very exciting. The silicone free primers that I have used beforehand tend to make me oily and the makeup comes off anyway - so I may well not have used it in the first place.

My makeup tends to oxidise and change colour but I have found that the colour I put on is the colour it stays. The spray has a nice smell to it and the ingredients list is pretty cool. Not entirely sure how it would work but it seems to. Only downside seems to be the price - $47AUD for the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Transdermal magneisum chloride is extremely beneficial for the skin. But what I'm concerned with is the addition of calcium chloride. Is this causing more harm than good? I do find this soothing, light and hydrating. .. all without feeling heavy like other setting sprays that contain castor oil or glycerin (glycerin always tends to dry my skin out eventually) but with the calcium in it im unsure if this is a good option long term. I do feel like this has slightly lightened my hyperpigmented ezcema scarring after a day of use (perhaps the increased hydration?)

Regardless, I work in a dry office and will use this to refresh my skin throughout the day. Bought the travel size for a test run. Will update at a later date.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Got a sample of this.

Meh.

it does nothing for my skin that spritzing plain water wouldn't do, so why bother? It's a huge con and waste of money in my opinion. It doesn't make my make up stay on and it doesn't freshen the look of my make up either.

Will not buy the full size and can't even be bothered finishing the sample if I'm honest.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this because Jaclyn Hill used it in her videos around the same time that I ran out of my Too Faced primer. I do really like the way the primer water smells and feels on my skin. I use it after moisturizing and before putting on my foundation. I do not think it makes makeup lasts longer, it doesn't moisturize skin but it makes me feel awake and fresh. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend unless you have a lot of money to spend on water in a nice spray bottle. I'm sure I could mix rose water and glycerin in a bottle and get a similar effect at a portion of the price

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I like it. It doesn't break me out like fix plus does. Great for days when my skin is dry or on cold winter mornings. It makes the skin dewy. Dries quickly. I would definitely repurchase in the future.

on 12/4/2015 11:42:00 PM

Overhyped, overpriced.

Get Cinema Secrets moisture spray for 1/3 the price and it has the exact results and function.

This product is more for pre moisture mist but cant totally replace a good old moisturizer. Also works as a refresher, avoiding the powdery look or give a dewy look.

It oxidizes the color of foundation a bit.

2/5

on 2/12/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this but not really sure about it's priming abilities. What I find this helpful for is more of a hydrating, alcohol free setting spray, very similar to MAC Fix Plus. I still think a normal primer is necessary, but this is still a nice spray.