Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by age: 25-29
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.4

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 1/20/2018 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry skin and I don't like silicony or cream based primer, so I opted for this. I didn't expect much at first, but it did wonders with my foundation application the first time I tried it. I need all the hydration I can get and my foundation glides on smoothly and more radiant with this primer underneath. I don't normally use this as a setting spray, but you can definitely do that for added glow. Recommended.

on 4/6/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

One of my favorite products! This spray leaves my face looking fresh and flawless all day. The only con is the price because I use it just about everyday.

on 7/23/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I have been using it as a primer instead of as a setting spray, and so far I like this product. With the sample size, it takes a few targeted sprays to cover the face, and it does to take a minute or so to dry. Once it dried, my face did feel hydrated but not oily (my skin is naturally very oily). Makeup went on easily after it, and I did get the sensation that it was "locked in" without dryness. It did in fact keep my makeup looking good throughout the majority of the day, and even though it doesn't say that this is a purpose of the product in the description, my skin was not as oily when using this product. Makeup did still come off easily if I brushed my face against something, though, and this didn't do anything in the way of covering pores or scarring (again, it's not intended to). I'm interested to try this as a setting spray, too. I've finished my sample, but I would definitely buy the full size product.

on 7/23/2016 1:31:00 PM

I bought this primer on a whim and I had high hopes for it, but it didn't really do anything for me as a primer. I didn't see a difference when wearing it and not wearing it, so on my counter it sat... until I decided to try it as a makeup refresher. It made my face feel cool and refreshed, but I feel like something a lot cheaper could essentially do the same thing (maybe a spritz of water from a spray bottle?). I'll continue to use it until it's empty, but I won't repurchase.

on 4/17/2016 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

While this product does absolutely nothing for my oily skin.... I still love the amazing finish that it gives me!!! I am learning to control my oil with other products (mattifying moisturizer by dermalogica, MOM, etc.) specifically in the t-zone, then I apply the foundation or Bb cream of the day, a light veil of powder and then I set with this primer water. All I can say is yasssss!!!! Believe the hype. I am so lucky that I caught the full size on sale at ulta for $16; I bought two!

on 4/1/2016 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Like what does this product even do? I only got it because it was 50% off. When I first saw it advertised I figured it was just water, and I should have gone with my gut. I haven't noticed any difference in how my makeup looks. I spray it on after moisturizer, rub it in a little to make sure it got everywhere, then let it dry. Does nothing. And I don't use it as a setting spray because my UD All Nighter might see me and get mad.

The spray is really nice, very powerful and mist..y? But don't waste your money. I'll try a different primer when this is gone.

on 12/4/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Smashbox is very vague about what this product is specifically used for, which normally would steer me away from it. Buuut, I was cruising Sephora on Black Friday and saw a $10 bundle for a small size of this and Smashbox's primer, and figured I'd try it.

I don't know if this could be used by itself as a primer. Maybe someone with very good skin could do that, but I have some dry patches and need a thicker primer to work with them. I will say that it works well WITH a primer. I've been using this and the smashbox primer together since I got them, and I plan to try this with my old primer, too.

First of all, this is probably not intended, but it is very refreshing to spray this on. I tend to put it on after priming my face. I've noticed that, because of it, my foundation doesn't oxidize as much, and stays more color-true throughout the day.
Secondly, I've been using this as a way to refresh my makeup. It does bring life back to my face after several hours, and I like it for that.

All that said? This is not, by far, anything essential. Yes, I plan on buying more, but I could just as easily go without. It's just a luxury product.

on 10/8/2015 8:00:00 PM

Oh how I wanted to like this. I bought the $16 sample size from ulta and I'm glad I did, I don't regret buying it because I really wanted to try it. It makes my skin look really really greasy after an hour or two. I just notice all of the foundation and powder I put around my nose area just seperates and gets mushed up into the sides of my nose. I use Mac studio fix fluid w. A setting powder and I stay matte for hours but not with this. I've only used it as a primer though, not a setting spray because I've been too afraid that it's gonna make my makeup run. I even tried just using a couple spritz directly on my foundation brush instead of my face and it was the same greasy results. I gave it a 3 because I like the 3 in 1 concept, I like the packaging, and I like the fact that this was available in the sample sample/travel size.

on 8/29/2015 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a revelation!
Having used smashbox original primers previously and not understanding the buzz around them (I ended up with an oil slick for a forehead... Not usual for someone with dry skin!) I was wary but bought into the hype and purchased this product and I'm glad I did!

The water can be used to prime skin, as a setting spray, and to add moisture to makeup throughout the day to freshen your look - multi use means it is great value for money

I spritz around 5/6 pumps across my face and neck area after my moisturiser has sunk in and apply my makeup after a minute or so, I have noticed a difference in the way my makeup sits on my skin since using this product and now use it every day as a primer.

As a setting spray it also works really well, I wouldn't say it is as amazing as all nighter by urban decay but because it can be used in a number of different ways (unlike all nighter) it's better value for money, I've found it does seem to refresh my face if I spritz it over my made up face throughout the day which is nice too, it feels moisturising and less "tight"

Another great use for it is to spritz a beauty blender before applying makeup without and it seems to give it a bit of extra staying power

I think if you have oily skin this might not be as good a primer as some others on the market but it's a great balance for my dry skin

on 4/27/2015 5:25:00 PM

I love this so much! It's the perfect spray to use before foundation, so it glides on easier.. And after powder to set everything. Even if I don't wear makeup I will use this during the day when my face feels dry. Are there less expensive alternatives..? Definitely! I had a spray toner from Natures Gate (that's probably discontinued since I can't find it) that I used to use in the same way. This Smashbox stuff is just a fancy scented water but the mist is fantastic, doesn't disturb anything I've applied, so ... Whatever I need it!! I might try the Fix+ stuff when I run out since its supposed to be similar (thanks makeup alley)