Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Filtered by age: 19-24
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.9

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very light primer. But I prefer a lotion based or gel based one that does the job better. This primer doesn’t hold makeup very well, if I perspire a little around the nose and use a tissue to lightly absorb, the foundation moves. Also I hate waiting for the primer to dry on my face. It’s expensive but lasts you very Long. Won’t repurchase

on 6/19/2017 4:32:00 PM

Not worth it to me. I actually bought a travel size ($16!!) in December but took it back without using it because i'm like what do I REALLY need this for? My friend had a sample size and didn't like it so she gave it to me. I haven't used it as a makeup base, I don't see it working for that. I sprayed it on my makeup to set one day when I didn't want to waste my UD all nighter. It was okay for this I guess but I still prefer UD All nighter. I loaded my brush with UD midnight cowboy the other day and sprayed this on, gave a nice effect and I really liked it but I can just use water (mineral, tap lol) the cheap ELF setting spray or even buy a mini fix+ which is only $12 I think. I don't even foil shadows and stuff that often anyways to really worry about it and have a mini bottle of Avene mineral water that I got for free that can do the job. If ir works for you and you like it, great! I just see it as gimmicky. It's primer WATER, is there even much in it thats beneficial?

on 6/19/2017 7:48:00 AM

I use it both as a primer and as a setting spray and I like it very much. It feels great on my skin!

on 6/13/2017 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Got a 30ml deluxe size of this primer water for SGD$25 and totally regretting it because I could have gotten quadruple the volume for just about twice the price point so... Anyways I'm loving this one, I have had a love-hate relationship with primers, some (I feel) did nothing for my skin and cost nukes to buy and some I feel were decent substitutes for toners and moisturizers and did not explicitly improve the spreadability, blendability and adeherence of my makeup on my skin so I had entirely banished primers from my makeup routine for a while, it was until a friend recommended this as "better than fix+" that I felt compelled to buy a primer (again) to complement my recent investment in a higher end foundation.

Pros:
- Did all of the above, I found that my makeup stayed on flawlessly for longer, and my skin felt immediately invigorated. This however is not meant to be a substitute to anyone's hydration skincare routine, just an added measure to ensure you're doing all you can to hydrate if you have savannah-like dry skin like I do.
- Gentle on eyes, mine have never been irritated by this product.

Cons:
- I cannot seem to ignore the chemical smell that comes with this one. ):
- for a price point so much higher than Mac Fix+ I was determined to find as many pros for Smashbox as I could over Mac, but I couldn't. Both seemed to work just as well, with Smashbox marginally better for my skin.
- It also claims to be usable AFTER makeup, as a refresh on the go. I found this to be untrue on my skin, it did not work at all as a setting spray nor a refresh spritz, it simply broke down my makeup if I sprayed it on after I was done with the entire affair so... did not manage to kill two birds with one purchase thus am a teeny bit upset with this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After hearing Casey Holmes rave about this so much on her channel and knowing that she has the same skin type as me (oily as heck) as well as being sensitive with redness (just like me!) I knew I needed to give this bad boy a go. It's a very light mist that doesn't make the skin super drenched when first applied, only lightly damp. It dries really quickly which prevents the skin from being oily but also leaves the skin feeling so soft. It feels so refreshing and cooling without the use of menthol and I find that it actually calms my skin down a lot...I'm much less red and irritated after I spray this. My makeup ends up going on so smooth and the cakieness I usually get after foundation application is no more. Since I do balance out my skin every night by using a really thick cream I lightly spray this all over my face and neck every morning after cleansing even if I'm not wearing any makeup just to soothe my skin again and give me some light weight hydration without the grease. Although expensive, it's an amazing product that is now a staple in my makeup and morning skincare routine.

on 2/28/2017 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This did literally nothing at all, I just used it up for the sake of using it. Might as well have been spraying expensive water on my face.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

When I saw the hype around this product I swore it was the most gimmicky thing I had ever seen. I have tried so many setting sprays who claim to do a similar thing as this primer water and I have been disappointed every single time. My skin type is combination, where my nose and forehead are incredibly oily and the rest of my face is pretty normal. I have tried tons of different foundations, primers and setting sprays combined and nothing could endure the wrath of my oily nose. However, this my makeup friends, has won the battle. The ONLY product that can handle my oily nose is MAC Prolongwear foundation, however I have like 2948483 other foundations sitting in my drawer that look beautiful when I first apply it, then after a few hours are defeated by my oiliness. In the drawer they go and stay... To truly see if this primer water lived up to its claim, I used the one foundation that has let me down time and time again. Too Faced Born This Way foundation literally cannot not tolerate my oily nose after two hours. The makeup is completely gone off my nose by that time and the rest of my face gets pretty oily and my redness comes peaking through. AFTER ONLY 2 HOURS. I had tried this foundation with every primer and setting spray under the sun and to no avail, it continued to suck. So I brought it out of the shadows and used it with this primer water and YOU GUYS. MY MAKEUP WAS FLAWLESS ALL DAY. Just like it looked when I first applied. 8+ hours of wear and omg the foundation is on my nose, no breaking up, no caking up. Not only was it still perfectly in tact on my nose, there wasn't a sea of oil layered on top of my nose. My oils were sealed in under that amazing primer water where they should be. My skin had a nice natural glow to it after 8+ hours and looked vibrant and clean. Seriously, I am so amazed you guys. It's not a gimmick, this stuff works. Can't wait to try this with other foundations that have let me down. This primer water was definitely worth every penny!

on 10/13/2016 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I usually spray this on to give my skin a little more hydration. It helps makeup stick a little better. However, I've heard that Mac Fix + is better and cheaper so I'll try that out too. I definitely don't think it's necessary... just a nice little extra step.

on 7/24/2016 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this product after a lot of girls recommended it to me. it's a reallly nice, light and hydrating mist that makes your face feel really fresh if you use it as a primer and it sticks down those tiny hairs on your face as a setting spray.
however! i also own mac charged water spray and i was really disappointed to find out it is the exact. same. product. all the ingredients are the same yet macs is about $20 cheaper.
overall there is nothing wrong with this product but it's not really a fantastic setting spray and i can't justify the price.

This is a great product for freshing up your make up look after a few hours, I would not use it as a primer though as it doesn't seem to do much for me.