Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Lavender Sage

No Image

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Purchased this at Marshall's/TJ Maxx on a whim and I am pleasantly surprised. Majority of natural aluminum-free deodorant leave me smelling like a filthy gas station, but not this one. Also as of date, I haven't developed any rash due to baking soda and I haven't developed any boils/cyst when wearing deodorants. Another deodorant I like is Old Spice but sometimes the scent would work my nerves and it doesn't last as long as Schmidt's. When I stop by Marshall's/TJ Maxx, I will purchase some more and try different scents.

on 1/20/2018 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Really love this, especially once I actually read the instructions on how to use it (forehead slap)! I still prefer stick deodorant, but as far as performance - this is great. I found a small jar for roughly $6 at Marshalls, so it wasn’t terribly expensive. I take a small amount (smaller than a dime), roll it into a ball and warm it in my fingers, then apply to the underarm. No body odor, even on the second day after a workout. Outstanding. Worth the application inconvenience to not have to worry about smelling like armpit. Lol! Worth a try for those wanting to get away from chemicals in your deodorant.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The only effective natural deodorant I have ever used. I tried Tom's, Jason, Trader Joe's, Alba Botantica...the list goes on and no matter what I always reeked of onions - they just didn't work. Then Schmidt's comes along and life has changed. I swear it is the coconut oil that makes all the difference, as it has antimicrobial properties. The protection doesn't last ALL day (maybe about eight hours) if I am out in the heat a lot and also, it sometimes leaves greasy and white marks on clothes (these come out easily with a little soap and water but are still annoying). That said I can deal with the negatives because this is a safe and natural deodorant that actually works! I think this is the only stuff I will use from now on.

on 7/1/2017 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I don't understand why this has such high ratings. It smells really nice, and its performance is decent as far as natural deodorants go, but the texture is AWFUL! Pasty, rubs off on clothes visibly, and I had it break off and squish out from beneath the cap every time I'd use it. Bits of it would roll up and fall off and it ran out so quickly for a kind of pricey product. I usually get Tom's of Maine lavender (which I recommend) and they were out that day at Target, so I tried this instead. It has its good points, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 12/21/2016 6:29:00 AM

I love this deodorant, but it has ruined a few of my white clothes such as t-shirts and sweaters, because it leaves darker marks on them, and it does not go away with washing. Very sad, and its the only reason why I would not repurchase :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is deoderant is amazing. I've looked for years for a natural (aluminum free) deoderant that actually works. This works like a regular deoderant for me. I can go at least 24 hours without any odor at all. The only exception is if I am exerting myself physically and sweating a lot more than usual. But even then it works for at least 8-12 hours; I just need to shower by the end of the day. I have been using other natural deoderants for years and they only 'kind of' work. Kiss My Face was my go to before this one, but Schmidt's blows them out of the water. The Lavender and Sage scent is pretty good (more sage than lavender imo) but my favorite is the Bergamot and Lime scent. It is a little messy to use, and also isn't cheap. But I will continue to repurchase because it's the only natural deoderant I've found that really works.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great product. Smells so great and goes on easily without staining or leaving marks. Smells amazing! It is expensive but I really like using it and am glad there is not aluminum and other questionable ingredients. Travels easily, too--since it is so malleable, I can either scoop some into a contact lens case and bring it with me; it will last me a week (I have the jar version, too) so I don't have to carry a ton of stuff with me.

Texture--it is not as dry/powder/fine as a typical bar deodorant; it is slightly (very slightly) gritty but the coconut oil smooths it on easily. I usually crank it up only a little bit (1 mm) and if there is excess, I just wipe it back on the bar for next time. Not messy.

Excellent product and I would also love to try the other scents.

on 7/22/2016 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am on my second tube of Schmidt's Lavender Sage deodorant and was pleasantly surprised - no, thrilled- by how well it works. I've used Lush, Tom's of Maine, Crystal Rock (which is great until it falls and shatters on my bathroom floor), boutique brands, Wedela, all of the "natural" aluminum-free deodorants on the market, as well as the commercial antiperspirant brands. I decided to buy the tube rather than the jar for ease of application, but when I got down to the bottom of the first tube, I did use my fingers to apply it. The consistency is smooth, it smells nice (like aveda products, but it's subtle and doesn't compete with my perfumes), and on normal days, keeps me dry with one application. Degree, Secret, Mitchum's man gel, even Certain-Dri all fail in that regard, and ruin my clothes with yellow pit stains (from the aluminum?). I'm not a heavy sweater, but I do get hormonal/stress sweating that nothing seems to stop. On extraordinary days, like when I'm wearing my beekeeping suit and it's 95 and 60% humidity, I sweat, but don't get the stink.

I have pretty sensitive skin but can apply it after shaving without problems. I did feel some chafe from the container when I was near the end of the tube, but applying it with my fingers helps.

In my area, it's available at Sprouts Market and at some yoga studios, as well as Amazon. I think it's worth the $10 and will absolutely buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this from my local WholeFoods. It has a nice herbal scent and I do detect the lavender in it. It does not keep wetness away but I don't expect it to. I really worry more about odor and this was amazing for that. It has been very hot where I live lately and I was worried this might not hold up, but surprisingly it had. I like the ingredient list and how creamy it is. You get a tiny spatula to use with the jar but you have to rub the products between your fingers to warm it up and apply to your underarm. Love this!

on 3/14/2015 10:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I was slowly giving up on natural deodorants. I found a couple that worked, but only when the weather was cold and I wasn't doing anything too active. I still had to use ordinary antiperspirants the rest of the time. Then I saw Schmidt's mentioned on some blog and since it is available in my country as well, I decided to give it a try. And how glad I am for that! It works wonderful!
I started using it last year at the end of August when we had Indian Summer and it was really warm. I was careful at first as I didn't want any smelly surprises, but I used it once when I went hiking on a very warm day and was sweaty trough and trough but there was no hints of smell. I was so impressed!
I love it and just ordered three more jars :)

You just have to know this is not an antiperspirant and will not prevent sweating.