Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Fragrance Free

No Image

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Been using this for a week. I'm not having the problems others are having with their application. I rub a little on after a shower and it stops odors all day. I work out a lot and this matches the men's different that I usually have to wear because the women's never holds up. It's been a week in with no irritation, no burning, no lumps.

on 2/1/2018 3:54:00 AM

Not a winner for me - didn't control odor in a reliable way (I have tried other aluminum-free deodorants that do) and also gave me a hard lump in my armpit after serveral weeks.
I also found the formula terrible to apply - super gritty and hard, it felt like I was trying to rub wet sand into my pits. I tried to remedy the situation by leaving the stick out on my radiator to melt the top layer, but even then, I found it to be aggravating, especially after I had shaved. Really wanted to like this but will be throwing it out despite having half the stick left.

on 2/13/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Pros

Completely neutralises any scent
Does not dry out skin
Fragrance free
Chemical free
Lasts all day and night after only one application (at least, it does for me)
Packaging is surprisingly effective (comes with a little spatula that keeps the jar pristine)

Cons

Does not prevent actual sweat - antiperspirants is the only option for that (this is not a personal con for me. It would be a con if you wanted to use this for a heavy workout, perhaps)

on 2/1/2015 5:30:00 PM

This product does a lovely job of keeping underarm odor to a minimum throughout the day. It does not eliminate underarm sweat, however, so if you are looking for an antiperspirant, look elsewhere. I love how this does not irritate my underarms because there is no aluminum. I alternative this deodorant with pure shea butter (for days when I am not leaving the house), so the baking soda does not take its toll. It does not leave stains on my clothes (hallelujah!), so this is an all-around win for me. My only complaint is that I do not like the new, skinny spatulas that they have provided; the old ones were broader and much better! I would still repurchase this product time and time again.

Update 10/12/2015

After having used this product for an extensive period of time, I have decided that this deodorant is not worth it for me. First of all, it does not prevent odor as much as I originally thought, and actually left me smelling pretty bad. If I tried to apply this two days in a row without washing my armpits in between, I would break out in a rash and get discoloration in my armpits that persisted for several days. I could only stop that by applying pure shea butter to my underarms and going a day or two with no deodorant, which was not always a reasonable situation for me. It also started to burn after a while, which was the case with the Bergamot Lime scent of Schmidt's deodorant as well. I will not be repurchasing for these reasons.

Top Rated Deodorants