Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipstick

No Image

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/12/2018 11:27:00 AM

These are the perfect lipsticks for chronically dry lips. They feel great on, and are pigmented enough to leave some stain. I now have 3 sheers--ExGirlfriend (Mauve), Wrong Number (Pink Peach nude) and Liar (Nude Brown Peach--but too brown on me). The last 2 are perfect for summer.

I own Sheer Revolution Lipsticks in Sheer Ladyflower and Sheer Obsessed.
*Ladyflower* is the PERFECT rosy rich pink. I absolutely love this color! I love the way it makes my lips feel, and I get the most complements when wearing it! The color glides on with plenty of pigment, but feels breathable and light. LOVE
*Obsession* is a lighter baby pink. It also feels wonderful and silky to apply, but does not have much color payoff on my lips because it is pretty much the color of my lips but slightly more pink. I think it would look lovely on a range of skin tones and would be a perfect gift for a young teen.
The packaging WAS so beautiful right before they changed it to its current "bullet" style. NOT impressed with the change, but I WILL replace as I use the product!
My only wish is that the color would last longer, but it is a sheer lipstick so I can't expect it to perform like a stain.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Recently purchased Urban Decay's Sheer Shame in this line.

Color is a bright berry, hinting at fuchsia tones. This is advertised as a sheer lipstick, and I find that it is less sheer than other products described as sheer. Which, I like in this case. It's extremely pigmented, while still managing to go on without appearing opaque and dramatic... even with a few layers. It build color nicely with multiple swipes. It also leaves it's pigment behind once it wears off.

The texture is rather smudge-prone, but once blotted slightly is much more manageable. There's a slight gloss, almost like the shine that comes with a balm.

In general I find that the more expensive lipsticks have more potent pigment, this follows suit. The color is true to the swatch. The downsides though are the price and the smudging for me personally.

If I repurchase, it will be for the lovely hue and unique medium-sheer formula. It seems to be a little more high maintenance than I would wear to work (12 hour shift), but I would wear out to dinner or anywhere I can touch up and peek to make sure it's all still in place.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Awhile ago I received a couple colors of these in a bubble pack GWP. I used the whole sample of streak I loved it that much. So when ulta had the 50% off UD lipstick I picked this up. This is a great spring/summer color. Very comfortable to wear and lasts about 5 hours on my lips. There is some transfer on my coffee cup in the morning but it's not as bad as most my other lipsticks.
The color is a very bright hot corally pink. Definitely more pink than coral imo. It is a sheer lipstick but I find that the color is very build able and true. I'm pale nw13 and it's still a great everyday color. I think it would look great on all skintones.
The casing is a beautiful pale purple chrome like bullet. Easy to pick out in my million black cased lippies.
Not sure how soon I would repurchase. It's $22 normally and that's pretty high for a sheer lipstick. But it is a great product and I do recommend

on 3/13/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have recently bought F*Bomb and Lady Flower. I like them both very much, one of them a real red and the other a soft pink, and they look natural with my very fair skin. I guess it's a matter of how lightly or how heavily they are applied. At first the F*Bomb color seemed a bit too strong, but it still looks totally natural. What I like about these lipsticks is how long they last, even through dinner, how silky soft they feel on, and how my lips never get chapped. And that is really saying something in our dry Arizona climate!

I feel they are (almost) worth the price. But I wear these more than any of my cheaper lipsticks.

on 11/25/2015 9:38:00 PM

My shade: Sheer Shame (berry)

Pros: Texture feels soft and good (emotionally I enjoy putting it on, I look forward to wearing it), wears off nicely and leaves a nice stain behind, doesn't cake up or flake, sheer color layers nicely from light and soft to vibrant and punchy.

Mids: Lasting time is okay, enough to make me want to wear it to work (I work with kids and it would be frowned upon if I took the time away from them to go to the bathroom and touch up), A little sticky but that doesn't bother me. I know it bothers some people.

Cons: Price hurts a little.

One thing that would push me to 5/5: Longer lasting time.

Notes: Next time I can afford it, I WILL be buying more colors.

on 11/25/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The colors are beautiful, but this product is really drying for my lips to me. I exfoliate my lips every night and put lip balm on and when applying this product, it's fine for about 2 minutes but then it becomes extremely drying and I hesitate to leave the product on my lips. I wouldn't recommend it based off of this. I believe I tried the regular product and it wasn't AS drying as this.

I bought one of these lipsticks in the shade Anarchy, a bright pink. I absolutely love this lipstick! It definitely isn't as opaque as a normal lipstick but has much more coverage than a tinted lip balm. The texture feels great on the lips - not drying at all. The longevity isn't great but that is to be expected for something more sheer and balmy. This lipstick also doesn't give a very crisp line when you apply it, so you might want to use a lip liner with some of the darker colors.

I think my favorite thing about this lipstick is the fact that it wears down nicely. I tried this on at Ulta in the morning and wore it throughout the afternoon (including eating lunch). The lipstick had definitely worn off by then but I was left with a nice, even stain.

I will also add that the packaging is very nice. It looks good and seems sturdy. The price is a little high but I wouldn't expect much different from a brand like Urban Decay.

Overall I would definitely recommend checking these lipsticks out. They are a nice change from all of the matte lip products that are currently on trend.

on 7/31/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought Ladyflower, which is described as rose-pink. I also bought Shame (berry) but returned it as I felt it was too similar to other sheer lippies I already had. Basically, I love these. For several years now, I've been on a sheer lip kick. I want sheer lipsticks, lip tints, sheer lip glosses, etc. I don't want mattes as they make me look too old (and since I'm in my late 30s now, I want to look younger but in a classy way). UD's Sheer Revolution Lipsticks fit my need perfectly. They are moisturizing, glossy, beautiful colors, and they don't slide off the lips like other brands. Highly recommend.

on 7/8/2015 10:06:00 AM

I have this in Sheer Streak. It's a pretty light-to-mid tone pinkish coral on me (but since they're sheer, your own lip color will peek through, possibly altering the shade). It's balmy, comfortable to wear, and looks lovely on -- just a nice, glowy, juicy lip. Sheer Streak does have a tendency to cling to flakes and lines but it's not too bad (judging from the below reviews, there seems to be some variation on this depending on which color you get). It does fade quickly and needs frequent reapplying. I think I'm just spoiled by all the longwearing mattes I've been wearing lately, etc, since I do find this annoying but it's to be expected from this kind of formula. Very moisturizing though.

UPDATE: I've been playing around with this, and it looks really good over a stain. I use it over BeneFit's Cha Cha Tint, which barely shows up on my lips, and it's great. It adds more color and something for the lipstick to hold on to.