Maybelline Face Studio Master Prime Blur + Smooth

Maybelline Face Studio Master Prime Blur + Smooth

3.2

on 11/22/2017 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I actually like this, I have combination skin and this works for me. I usually use silicone primers but this one is more of a cream silicone primer. It has a soft matte finish and helps control my oil. I’ve notices that my foundation stays on longer with this on too. I’m surprised by the negative reviews, it’s not the best but it’s not horrible either.

on 11/7/2017 9:25:00 AM

Awful. Does nothing it advertises. Doesn’t even keep makeup on for a couple hours. Surprised at the good reviews because I know 4 other women who’ve used it & had the exact same issues as I have. I usually use the POREfessional from Sephora & I had an emergency and grabbed this one when I ran out of my usual & will never recommend this to anybody. It’s crap in a bottle.

on 3/24/2017 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

While I got this in the blur + redness control variety (to be exact), this primer is unfortunately not right for my dry, sensitive skin. My original HG primer for years = Smashbox original photo finish primer, which has a lot of silicone & tons of slip. I understand that doesn't work for some people, but it's what my (very dry) skin seems to need in a primer. This primer by Maybelline is different than any other I've used thus far (I've tried a lot!) is a whole different ball game. It is the most "lotion-like" primer I've ever used. It sank into my skin incredibly quickly after I hydrated (currently using Nuxe rich creme & love it) but it absorbed way too quickly to properly blend my makeup over it. I do like the packaging--I like the tube & that the primer is properly unscented. Previously, I had been using E.L.F. Tone adjusting face primer & really liked it, especially for the price. My face has also played well with other ELF primers, Hard Candy primers, even Maybelline 'baby face' blur pore primer. Unfortunately, this one's just not for me!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The texture of this primer is very thin which I like. I don't want to feel my base lingering for hours. I don't really think it helps my makeup stay on though. Its not too bad for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an amazing drugstore primer. i have acne prone, combination skin and this really does blur out my pores when i put foundation on. It keeps my foundation on the whole time i have it on which is about 9-10 hours. it did make my face feel a bit oily by my T-zone area but using blotting sheets takes care of that. overall i recommend this!

on 10/30/2017 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm very disappointed in this primer i was excited to try it out but the first time i applied it and wore it within the day i almost instantly started too break out i didn't think anything of it until i tried it once more and it made me break out like crazy i would never buy this again or recommend to anyone i know

on 7/30/2016 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This primer sucks. It doesn't do anything at all. Might as well be rubbing bare hands on my skin. Yuck.

on 12/3/2016 4:40:00 PM

This stuff is CRAP. I usually love Maybelline products but i hate this one. It makes my skin look so dry and flakey when I put on makeup, even if I wait a while for it to dry before applying (I always moisturize first too) It also balls up on the skin really badly and just comes off in weird little clumps. Would NOT recommend.

on 8/3/2016 11:47:00 PM

Hate. Hate. Hate. I can't even begin to explain how excited I was to buy and use this primer...but my excitement was diminished after wearing this for a grand total of ten seconds. Just so you know, this was my first primer, but it doesn't take a pro makeup artist to know that this product sucks. I applied it in the areas where my pores are larger, just to test it. In a matter of seconds I could already tell this wouldn't work. I don't have dry skin. In fact it is slightly oily. But with this primer on my face, you wouldn't know it. It didn't dry my skin, it just made it look like it was flaking and peeling off my face. Like when you get a bad sunburn and it starts peeling but ten times worse and on your face. And it didn't even blur or smooth at that. I will definitely return. It was fine when tested on my hand, like it didn't peel, but it made by pores look like white dots and it left I white cast so you can't wear it by itself as it claims. and it smelled like sunscreen but there isn't spf?!? Not impressed with maybelline on this one...

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is such a bad drugstore primer. I love Maybelline products but this was such a fail. This primer does not blur or smooth my skin at all. I have a lot of texture on my skin and this just enhances that more. I have tried waiting a little bit before applying my foundation nut I still get the same result every time. Definitely not a repurchase product whatsoever.